Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

A

Chinese ambassador accuses Canada of 'white supremacy' in Huawei case

Started by Anonymous, January 09, 2019, 08:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Gaon"A legal expert disagrees with you Joe.

Canada had no choice but to arrest Huawei executive at Washington's request: expert

"If the application from the requesting state is in order, then Canada is legally obliged to arrest her," said Rob Currie, a Dalhousie law professor who focuses extensively on extradition law.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/meng-huawei-extradition-1.4937146">https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/meng-h ... -1.4937146">https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/meng-huawei-extradition-1.4937146

Joe won't read this.

Yes I did.

But John Manley, a trained lawyer & deputy Prine Minister under Jean Chretien administration doesn't agree with you nor the law Professor on the approach which should have been taken.

Manley used the term 'creative incompetence' which would have have allowed Meng to tetun to China.

If international diplomacy was a turnkey system that runs like a vending machine, then the Dalhousie professor 's statement would be slam dunk.

But of course in the real world it isn't

The arrest of Meng has had real workd consequences as the arrest and detained Canadians demonstrated

Anonymous

John Manley is hardly impartial...Telus does business with Huawei..

But, even if you believe he is impartial, he doesn't believe our extradition treaty with the USA is not binding or that the prime minister's office should have intervened..

He did say the attorney general could have looked the other way.

cc

Let go Jo.

They did what they had long ago  agreed to do

Enough of this crap. Let go of it

As to OP "white supremacy" (what this thread is about)  ... seems the Chinese govt will even try to cash in on SJW'-speak  :laugh:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Let go Jo.

As to OP "white supremacy" (what this thread is about)  ... seems the Chinese govt will even try to cash in on SJW'-speak  :laugh:

That's what the Chinese ambassador accused Canada of..

It was for China..,,nothing stokes nationalism in China more than propaganda that China is being treated unfairly.

JOE

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc"Let go Jo.

That's what the Chinese ambassador accused Canada of..

It was for China..,,nothing stokes nationalism in China more than propaganda that China is being treated unfairly.

Actually Fashionista I agree with the Chinese ambassador.

That America's actions smack of white supremacy and racism.

Heck I'm not Chinese but their actions ate blatantly racist.

Thereve been various corporations guilty of infractions but tgey didnt arrest nor shackle the ceo in chains.

Demanding or threatening to deport ceo Meng was unnecessary and way over the top.

Sanctions and closing down Huawei was sufficient.

Trouble is America especially under trump baits and wants to kill/humiliate others.

But there are repercussions.

And there are many Americans who think the US under Trumps administration has gone too far & it smacks of Rogue international Justice and diplomacy

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"
Actually Fashionista I agree with the Chinese ambassador.

That America's actions smack of white supremacy and racism.

Heck I'm not Chinese but their actions ate blatantly racist.

Thereve been various corporations guilty of infractions but tgey didnt arrest nor shackle the ceo in chains.

Demanding or threatening to deport ceo Meng was unnecessary and way over the top.

Sanctions and closing down Huawei was sufficient.

Trouble is America especially under trump baits and wants to kill/humiliate others.

But tgete are repercussions.

And tgere are many Americans who think the US under Teumps administration has gone too far & it smscks of Rogue international Justice

The ambassador accused Canada of white supremacy, not the USA..

But, at least you seem to finally have a read a post in this thread  and understand Canada has an independent judiciary and legal obligation under our extradition treaty with the USA..

Oh, and if you think this country is racist, you would faint if you could speak Chinese and were in China.

cc

lol .. nailed:

Jo'Jos hatred of the US took him there ... when it was Canada accused .. :roll:

he can't help himself since they booted him

JOE

Quote from: "cc"lol .. nailed:

And yet other American publications such as the Washington Post and the New York Times have indicated that the Chinese ambassadors remarks were directed against the USA as well as Canafa, cc

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/01/09/world/asia/ap-cn-canada-china-huawei.html">https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/0 ... uawei.html">https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/01/09/world/asia/ap-cn-canada-china-huawei.html

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"lol .. nailed:

It was Canada and it's allies. Fash is right, it's a North Korean style us vs them remark to whip up nationalism. My understanding about China is that it's never far from the surface.

cc

WARSAW, Poland (AP) —https://apnews.com/2d897492e2b042589f734592524d0fae">Poland has arrested a director at the Chinese tech giant Huawei and one of its own former cybersecurity experts and charged them with spying for China, authorities said Friday.

The development comes as the U.S. is exerting pressure on its allies not to use Huawei, the world's biggest maker of telecommunications network equipment, over data security concerns.

The two men — one a Chinese citizen who was a former envoy in Poland before moving over to a senior position at Huawei and the other a Pole who held several top government cybersecurity positions — were arrested Tuesday, according to Poland's Internal Security Agency.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Odinson"What a fucked up thing to say..

China runs on slavery..

But they dont feed their slaves as well as the plantation owners did.

China ended slavery about 2000 years ago, in fact they're more capitalist in heart than any other nation on earth.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"WARSAW, Poland (AP) —https://apnews.com/2d897492e2b042589f734592524d0fae">Poland has arrested a director at the Chinese tech giant Huawei and one of its own former cybersecurity experts and charged them with spying for China, authorities said Friday.

The development comes as the U.S. is exerting pressure on its allies not to use Huawei, the world's biggest maker of telecommunications network equipment, over data security concerns.

The two men — one a Chinese citizen who was a former envoy in Poland before moving over to a senior position at Huawei and the other a Pole who held several top government cybersecurity positions — were arrested Tuesday, according to Poland's Internal Security Agency.

That's white supremacy'.

:laugh:

cc

caskur

Quote from: "Zetsu"

China runs on slavery..

China ended slavery about 2000 years ago, in fact they're more capitalist in heart than any other nation on earth.

They have state capitalism meaning their government is a capitist one while the regular population are "communists."
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Odinson

Quote from: "Zetsu"

China runs on slavery..

Okay...

Patriotic volunteers...

Death penalty for unpatriotism.