The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Nature Worship

Started by JOE, January 25, 2019, 08:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

JOE

A while back, someone inquired whether any of us believe in God.

I thought about it and have explored various religions.

While most of them have positive qualities, I'm starting to think the only true and authentic religion is the worship of Nature. Because it is the only basic universal construct which bonds us altogether regardless of race, religion and gender. We all need it, feed off of it & depend on it for survival. It is the only thing that is truly real which we can see, touch and feel. While there might be a God, no one alive has seen it nor has documented proof to support that claim. And is that God male, female or androgynous? Is there a single God or fo multiple ones exist?

I've come to the conclusion that there are flaws in certain religions such as Islam and Christianity. Both have this 'be fruitful & multiply' attitude. But in fact, the over propagation of the human species is killing the planet, stretching its resources too thin, depleting them which is leading to wars & pethaps one day massive famines. Conversely a Nature Worshipper would say "No, don't do that." Produce only as many children as your environment and ecosystems and available resources will permit.

Also, one who worships and loves Nature will be less likely to destroy it or killng of its wildlife. And yet that is what many religions promote. Exploitation of the planet. Over production of the human species which leads to destruction of wildlife, forests, etc.

Anyways just my 2 cents.

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"A while back, someone inquired whether any of us believe in God.

While most of them have positive qualities, I'm starting to think the only true and authentic religion is the worship of Nature. Because it is the only basic universal construct which bonds us altogether regardless of race, religion and gender. We all need it, feed off of it & depend on it for survival. It is the only thing that is truly real which we can see, touch and feel. While there might be a God, no one alive has seen it nor has documented proof to support that claim. And is that God male, female or androgynous? Is there a single God or fo multiple ones exist?

I've come to the conclusion that there are flaws in certain religions such as Islam and Christianity. Both have this 'be fruitful & multiply' attitude. But in fact, the over propagation of the human species is killing the planet, stretching its resources too thin, depleting them which is leading to wars & pethaps one day massive famines. Conversely a Nature Worshipper would say "No, don't do that." Produce only as many children as your environment and ecosystems and available resources will permit.

Also, one who worships and loves Nature will be less likely to destroy it or killng of its wildlife. And yet that is what many religions promote. Exploitation of the planet. Over production of the human species which leads to destruction of wildlife, forests, etc.

Anyways just my 2 cents.

Worship what you like.

Frood

Why does Joe care? He can't find anyone to make a child with anyway. Even the sperm banks have warning mugshots of Joe just below the front counter.
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: "JOE"A while back, someone inquired whether any of us believe in God.

Anyways just my 2 cents.

I had a little book once that described all the major religions origins...The one I read about that each line made me feel whole, complete and perfectly calm was Taoism.

So yes. I agree with your post... hail our natural world that has now sadly disappeared under man-unkind.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Anyways just my 2 cents.

Worship what you like.

The only thing Joe the sixty year old virgin worships is negative attention.

Anonymous

I'm an agnostic leaning towards atheism.

Bricktop

I thought you were Chinese, leaning towards Canadian???

Anonymous

I worshipped alcohol from ages 18-35. A higher power helped me leave that suicidal lifestyle. I married her.

caskur

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I worshipped alcohol from ages 18-35. A higher power helped me leave that suicidal lifestyle. I married her.

:roll:
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

That was chuckle worthy.

Congrats IHJ on maintaining sobriety. :thumbup:

Odinson

That is so romantic..

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/allthetropes/images/2/28/Scanners_head_explode_screenshot1_65.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140704095815">

caskur

Quote from: "Odinson"That is so romantic..

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/allthetropes/images/2/28/Scanners_head_explode_screenshot1_65.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140704095815">

Now the trick is... how we get you to sober up?
- Andy Warhol

Odinson

Quote from: "caskur"

I might seem drunk but I havent been drinking in over a year.

Now I just drink milk, water and beer.

caskur

Quote from: "Uptight White"
Quote from: "caskur"Now the trick is... how we get you to sober up?

I called you a dumb Abo last night, but the Mods deleted it... acc_angry

Awww drats... that means I cannot smack you around now.

Pity.... on the other hand, you lucked out. I can be very vicous.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "caskur"

I might seem drunk but I havent been drinking in over a year.

Now I just drink milk, water and beer.

That's drinking... duh!~

No beer. It creates yeast infections. Ewww.
- Andy Warhol