Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Odinson

In the spirit of traditional foods..

I crave bark bread and moss..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"As a bonafide native of the southern Philippine Islands, I crave durian and balut.

First I've heard of balut.

It's a despicable cuisine.

"Balut (/bəˈluː/ bə-LOOT, /ˈbɑːluː/ BAH-loot;[1] also spelled as balot) is a developing bird embryo (usually a duck) that is boiled and eaten from the shell."

I couldn't remember the name, but Filipinos in Winnipeg have told me about it. There are something like 80,000 Filipinos in the Peg.

Frood

I find Filipinos to be extremely conceited, arrogant, and cheap.

The men are full of unwarranted machismo and the women think they can pull any man.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I find Filipinos to be extremely conceited, arrogant, and cheap.

The men are full of unwarranted machismo and the women think they can pull any man.

My experience with Philippines expats in Canada has been the total opposite.

ac_wot

Frood

Maybe we get the bottom of the barrel here, or the cold subdues them.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Flippos definitely have attitude problems, unwarranted when you consider they come from a third world country.

@realAzhyaAryola

If you did your research and if you are well-read, you would be informed that it was during the cold war that the term "Third World" referred to the following developing countries: Asia, Africa, and Latin America. These were countries that were not aligned back then with either the First or Second World. The term, "Third World" has been dropped since the end of the Cold War. Those who still use it today are obviously not "woke." Today, the acceptable term is "developing countries."

Nevertheless, your reasoning is a hollow and empty one again exposing your cultural bigotry with your belief that just because a person is from a developing country that they are incapable of success, demand accountability from others, know their rights, have the courage to speak up, and carry themselves with pride. You are not as enlightened as you think you are.

Your remark reminds me of the moment when Jim Acosta said only immigrants from Great Britain or Australia speak English and Stephen Miller crushed him for that comment. It revealed Jim Acosta's bias. For the record, I write much much better in English in these forums compared to many. Sorry to point that out but that is a FACT.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"
My experience with Philippines expats in Canada has been the total opposite.

ac_wot

What a fine observation, Fash. You are just and objective. The disparagers who "bunch" all Pinoys into one basket reveal their cultural bigotry, ignorance, and backwoods mentality.

The chiefs I have worked for have underscored time and time again my exceptional attitude. They always made it known to me how much it was appreciated and welcomed especially in hectic environments where there was usually a climate of competition and constant stress and pressure.

Relentless and enduring, Pinoys have a reputation of making the most of the opportunities they are offered. I take pride in this. Pinoys as a group are no different from other groups but perhaps better than some who do not possess resourcefulness, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Pinoys have their own bad and good apples. There is no doubt, however, that Pinoys are a hard-working bunch. They are concerned about their kin back home and are always working hard to help the kin back home land better opportunities as well. That is our culture. I'd rather have that than be one among those who are useless to their kin and are more concerned about debauchery, suffer from inward-looking, and self pity. Of course, I am disliked for saying this because it's true and the truth hurts those in denial. Moreover, my castigators just can't wrap their heads around the fact I speak in the manner that I do. It shatters their insular perceptions. To them, I should be provincial and illiterate. WRONG! AGAIN!
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Bricktop

Well, that was an excellent dissertation that proved our point superbly, filled with Flippo arrogance and self aggrandissement.

By the way, calling a third world nation a "developing country" is like calling a beggar an evolving billionaire.

@realAzhyaAryola

Of course, especially among your circle of backwoods folks with missing teeth, bad breath, and body odor.

Typical response from the resident ape who beats his chest yet scares no one. My thesis is proven accurate yet again. Beat on!

Uncomfortable with the truth much? That's because I hit the nail on the head.
@realAzhyaAryola

Bricktop

Well, you must send a different kind of Flippo to Australia.

Greedy, manipulative, duplicitous and opportunistic.

Frood

I wouldn't say that all of one people are good or bad, just that in the interactions I've personally had, the women were cnts, men were mommas boys, a lot of strutting for both genders but little substance went on.

I also would not trust my money in those hands.

It's nothing personal though. Maybe my state in Australia just got the crud of the litter?
Blahhhhhh...