Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Disappearing Trees

Started by caskur, February 04, 2019, 09:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

Disappearing Trees

This is a VERY EXCELLENT visual of how our global jungles and vital forests are being cut down. And since I came across it looking for something else, I better use it here. If you don't realize how bad this is, you weren't paying attention to your primary schools basic science lesson back in the 60 and 70s before global climate catastrophe was an issue.

">
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Gaon

Two trees should be planted for every tree cut down.
The Russian Rock It

Frood

Overall there are more trees on this planet than before. However, the diversity has taken a hit (which is part natural and part man made).
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

The rate of the loss of tropical rainforests is alarming.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"The rate of the loss of tropical rainforests is alarming.

AGW would not be a problem is tens of thousands of acres of tropical rainforest was not being cleared for fuel alternatives like  ethanol.

caskur

Quote from: "Gaon"Two trees should be planted for every tree cut down.

It's not just trees but every living thing, plant and animal underneath them.

You cannot replant what took thousands of years to create.

But yes, we still need to grow gardens and and have trees in them.

Globally it's worse than dire.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Overall there are more trees on this planet than before. However, the diversity has taken a hit (which is part natural and part man made).

google earth maps show otherwise.

people like you are in such denial, you are causing the death of the whole planet.

You won't be happy until it's all gone... either join the crusade to save what's left of it or bugger off clueless.

Keep arguing about your stupid anti-vaccinations claims, no one listens to your arguments about them either.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Fashionista"The rate of the loss of tropical rainforests is alarming.

AGW would not be a problem is tens of thousands of acres of tropical rainforest was not being cleared for fuel alternatives like  ethanol.

Climate alarmist ideas making climate change and real environmental problems worse.

Bricktop

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Overall there are more trees on this planet than before. However, the diversity has taken a hit (which is part natural and part man made).

people like you are in such denial, you are causing the death of the whole planet.

You won't be happy until it's all gone... either join the crusade to save what's left of it or bugger off clueless.

Keep arguing about your stupid anti-vaccinations claims, no one listens to your arguments about them either.

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fminuteswitharavind.files.wordpress.com%2F2014%2F06%2Fouch.gif&f=1">

Freud gets slapped again.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "caskur"

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fminuteswitharavind.files.wordpress.com%2F2014%2F06%2Fouch.gif&f=1">

Freud gets slapped again.

:thumbup:

Frood

Well, I'm not anti vaccination to begin with, or anti environment, or otherwise known as freud, but don't let any of that get in the way of a yarn.

I'm just anti bullsht and it is true that overall the Earth has more trees than it had before colonisations BUT the diversity has shrunk.
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

I'm just anti bullsht and it is true that overall the Earth has more trees than it had before colonisations BUT the diversity has shrunk.

Then prove it dipstick... go ahead, I double dog dare you.
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Like your 54c SA degree claim?
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Or your claim to be a female?

caskur

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Like your 54c SA degree claim?

I didn't claim it... I'm sure the day she sat in my kitchen last Saturday she said something like 52.4... and thought, I heard 49.5 or 6 at Port Augusta on the news... and thought, "is she wrong or was it another time?"

I'm not claiming it, my niece claimed it.

Does it really matter?

Those temps mean sure death to humans and animals alike... nothing to sneeze at.

That's why you need to leave your trees on the farms.... every farmer who is going broke I say tough titties. You ridded your land of the most vitally important part of it... TREES. You thinned out the forests so now more weeds have infested them making them even MORE fire hazardous. You mismanaged our world and our children and animal are suffering and within a few short years, you made the planet uninhabitable.

I'm not pulling any punches anymore and tip-toeing around the subject.
- Andy Warhol