The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Pimp my ride

Started by Frood, February 07, 2019, 06:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
You were saying?

I was saying that you sitting on your fat ass waiting to buy mirrors is about as interesting as tortoise racing.

Blazor

Quote from: "Odinson"

I´ve been thinking of living in one..  ac_biggrin

Some of them are like homes.

I know a university professor who lives in his RV at the university parking lot..

The RV just sits there.. I know he lives in it.

My son has talked about this for a while, he wants to do the same lol.

Also my aunt has too. We talked about cruising across the country in one lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Odinson

Quote from: "Blazor"

I´ve been thinking of living in one..  ac_biggrin

Some of them are like homes.

I know a university professor who lives in his RV at the university parking lot..

The RV just sits there.. I know he lives in it.

My son has talked about this for a while, he wants to do the same lol.

Also my aunt has too. We talked about cruising across the country in one lol.

I think a lot of people are dreaming about buying a motor-home and going where the wind takes you.  ac_biggrin

Its freedom..

And now its really feasible because you can do all your stuff via the internet.

Blazor

I think a lot of people are dreaming about buying a motor-home and going where the wind takes you.  ac_biggrin

Its freedom..

That does sound dreamy  :laugh:

Anonymous

Its freedom..

It used to be retirees only who did that, but now younger people are doing that too.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Its freedom..

It used to be retirees only who did that, but now younger people are doing that too.

Yup, thanks to the Tiny House Movement, and no one being able to afford houses these days lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Its freedom..

Yup, thanks to the Tiny House Movement, and no one being able to afford houses these days lol.

Tiny houses/motor homes are fine for warmer climates. Who wants to be cooped up inside for months on end in a tiny home.

Bricktop

Australia is perfectly suited for nomadic wandering. In the north, during the southern winter, it's still 30 plus degrees.

Frood

The mirrors installed and then extended for full towing visibility.

https://i.postimg.cc/JnDbvKTc/20190214-145915-1550116833558-1550116850100.jpg">

I know I shouldn't be so excited about such a little thing but I get the canopy next week and have been worried about visibility behind the vehicle on the open road.

It was a toss up between towing mirrors or a rear view camera and display, but it makes sense to not rely on electrics when the solar rays kill electrics.
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

I agree, good choice going with the extended mirrors vs relying on electronics.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Australia is perfectly suited for nomadic wandering. In the north, during the southern winter, it's still 30 plus degrees.

Are there many Australians living that lifestyle?

Bricktop

Thousands. They're called grey nomads. It's like a rite of passage before you go into god's waiting room to await the reaper.

Australia is a vast country, and there is a sense of mild adventure in travelling to its many parts and seeing the diversity and beauty they have to offer.

It's not easy or practical when you have kids and a job, but it's perfectly achievable when retired.

I couldn't do it. When you tally the cost of the van, the truck, fuel, food and stress, flying is by far the best and most economical way of seeing the land.

Frood

It's not for the city folk or weak in constitution.
Blahhhhhh...

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"Thousands. They're called grey nomads. It's like a rite of passage before you go into god's waiting room to await the reaper.

Australia is a vast country, and there is a sense of mild adventure in travelling to its many parts and seeing the diversity and beauty they have to offer.

It's not easy or practical when you have kids and a job, but it's perfectly achievable when retired.

I couldn't do it. When you tally the cost of the van, the truck, fuel, food and stress, flying is by far the best and most economical way of seeing the land.

They do it for the adventure.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

Tell them that. They all try to do it.

I knew of a couple who decided to become gypsies. New van - $100K for a top of the line gargantuan model. Brand new top of the line Landcruiser V8. $120K.

Add another $20K for ancillary equipment...spares, tools, cameras, CB radio, sat phone and personal items.

They set off, and 200 kilometres later as the wife was driving, she rolled the lot. Complete write off.

She'd never towed a van before.

Just buying all the kit is half the battle.