The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Two fools meeting...

Started by Bricktop, February 12, 2019, 05:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"If I dont want to be a father..

I would hear the "dont have sex" argument..

Women should not have sex if they dont want to get pregnant.. Easy..  ac_biggrin

Getting pregnant and giving birth is indeed the function of women.. Its nature..

Be aware of this fact the next time you have sex...

Maybe we would have less STDs roaming around if people were more responsible.

Creating and raising offspring is the function of every living creature.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Bricktop"It's a fair point...but men are not burdened with both the tribulations of childbirth nor the raising of the child.

Only women understand the emotional and social consequences of carrying and caring for a child they do not want.
Certainly men don't carry it or deliver it, but they may also mourn the loss of an aborted child or OTOH be unhappy about having to pay lifelong for a child they do not want.

Which leads me to the question-- is it fair for a man to have to pay for a child he would have preferred the woman abort or give up for adoption?  And Is it fair for the woman to terminate a child if the man will agree to take it and care for it?  I for one am not sure.

Herman had an interesting idea about having a time frame in which men could have some say in the decision process, since they are affected as well. he mentioned it here-

https://thebluecashew.net/post276182.html?hilit=abortion#p276182">https://thebluecashew.net/post276182.html?hilit=abortion#p276182

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Bricktop"It's a fair point...but men are not burdened with both the tribulations of childbirth nor the raising of the child.

Only women understand the emotional and social consequences of carrying and caring for a child they do not want.
Certainly men don't carry it or deliver it, but they may also mourn the loss of an aborted child or OTOH be unhappy about having to pay lifelong for a child they do not want.

Which leads me to the question-- is it fair for a man to have to pay for a child he would have preferred the woman abort or give up for adoption?  And Is it fair for the woman to terminate a child if the man will agree to take it and care for it?  I for one am not sure.

Herman had an interesting idea about having a time frame in which men could have some say in the decision process, since they are affected as well. he mentioned it here-

https://thebluecashew.net/post276182.html?hilit=abortion#p276182">https://thebluecashew.net/post276182.html?hilit=abortion#p276182

I forgot about Herman's idea about the decision process..

You've raised some good questions here Wazzzup.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Women should not have sex if they dont want to get pregnant.. Easy..  ac_biggrin

Getting pregnant and giving birth is indeed the function of women.. Its nature..

Yes.. But some women seem to not be okay with the cards they were dealt..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Yes.. But some women seem to not be okay with the cards they were dealt..

Unfortunately, there are crybabies in both genders.

Anonymous

I forgot about that. Besides being an interesting idea, it's a compromise only extremists won't like. Women alone can decide in the first trimester if they terminate or continue a pregnancy. But, if they decide to carry the baby to term, a man gets to decide if he wants to be part of the baby's life or not.

Bricktop

It is the unanswerable question...because we are asking for ONE rule to cover all the complex issues that are involved in procreation.

However, no act of government can override the fact that it is the female that carries and is often left with the responsibility. So it is HER choice.

The issue of men having a say is that THAT is a conversation they should have BEFORE engaging in a potentially impregnating sexual encounter...not after.

If the encounter is casual, and the pregnancy is unforeseen, I believe the female is entitled to make her own choice.

If the relationship is more enduring, and childbirth was a likely and expected eventually, then the man's rights come into play.

But, the if the proposed solution is simply saying abortion is legal, yes or no, then it won't work. Terminating pregnancy is a complicated matter, and more thought needs to be given as to how abortion is accessed and the framework within it is legal.

In the meantime, I still feel it is better for society as a whole to avoid unwanted children. The best way to do so is to avoid unwanted pregnancy...which is not always easy.

caskur

If men were jailed for getting an unmarried woman pregnant, then how many unwanted pregnacies would there be

?
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Odinson

Quote from: "caskur"

If men were jailed for getting an unmarried woman pregnant, then how many unwanted pregnacies would there be

?

About the same amount..

You still cant find the father.

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"Here's my view on abortion.

It's none of my business because I am a male.

It's a matter of choice for the female, and nobody has a right to judge her for that.

Carrying a rapists baby is repugnant and she has every right to exclude herself from that torment.

I have to respectfully disagree somewhat.   IMO it should be up to society at large--both women and men, to decide the question of when life begins.  

I support abortion until viability.  Once a baby is viable, able to live outside the womb, it is a person IMO, and termination no longer permitted.

I don't think Australia allows abortion after the first trimester.

Babies cannot live outside wombs even after they're born without being cared for and fed.

Babies are regularly abandoned and most of the time its due to a parent or parents not being able to support it. That's pretty sad.

We had two homeless aborigines with a child recently who murdered their 2 year old daughter. The father threw her in the ocean and she washed up on a beach MILES from where she drowned.

I always think, it's better to abort than murder toddlers. It's more mentally scarring on the public.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

?

About the same amount..

If I found the father, I'd cut off his nuts and fix him for good.

It's about time MEN were held 100% responsible for unwanted children.

End of.
- Andy Warhol

Odinson

?

About the same amount..

If I found the father, I'd cut off his nuts and fix him for good.

It's about time MEN were held 100% responsible for unwanted children.

End of.

We ARE held 100% responsible for unwanted children...

Sometimes we are held 100% responsible for some other mans children because the woman said that you are the father.

Frood

It's a matter of choice for the female, and nobody has a right to judge her for that.

Carrying a rapists baby is repugnant and she has every right to exclude herself from that torment.

I have to respectfully disagree somewhat.   IMO it should be up to society at large--both women and men, to decide the question of when life begins.  

I support abortion until viability.  Once a baby is viable, able to live outside the womb, it is a person IMO, and termination no longer permitted.

Babies cannot live outside wombs even after they're born without being cared for and fed.

Babies are regularly abandoned and most of the time its due to a parent or parents not being able to support it. That's pretty sad.

We had two homeless aborigines with a child recently who murdered their 2 year old daughter. The father threw her in the ocean and she washed up on a beach MILES from where she drowned.

I always think, it's better to abort than murder toddlers. It's more mentally scarring on the public.

You're making a value added judgement between pre vag and post vag travel?

Does the vag, in your view constitute some crowning sentience?

How does that work with C-Sections?
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

It is the unanswerable question...because we are asking for ONE rule to cover all the complex issues that are involved in procreation.

However, no act of government can override the fact that it is the female that carries and is often left with the responsibility. So it is HER choice.

The issue of men having a say is that THAT is a conversation they should have BEFORE engaging in a potentially impregnating sexual encounter...not after.

If the encounter is casual, and the pregnancy is unforeseen, I believe the female is entitled to make her own choice.

If the relationship is more enduring, and childbirth was a likely and expected eventually, then the man's rights come into play.

But, the if the proposed solution is simply saying abortion is legal, yes or no, then it won't work. Terminating pregnancy is a complicated matter, and more thought needs to be given as to how abortion is accessed and the framework within it is legal.

In the meantime, I still feel it is better for society as a whole to avoid unwanted children. The best way to do so is to avoid unwanted pregnancy...which is not always easy.

What do you think of my idea of a brief opting out period for men who don't want to be fathers? I support a woman's right to choose, but I also support a man's right to do what he wants with his own life. Fair is fair.

caskur

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

You're making a value added judgement between pre vag and post vag travel?

Does the vag, in your view constitute some crowning sentience?

How does that work with C-Sections?

No I'm not...

I'm worried for the living children who rely on adults for their very lives.

Not all adults have the best interest of kids. It boils my blood.
- Andy Warhol