The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Visited our local open zoo

Started by Bricktop, February 17, 2019, 06:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

No, I think we're rather unique in that respect.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"The rhinos will not be released into the wild. And if one did happen to escape, they would be pretty easy to spot.

I'm not sure why you think we don't care for our own. We are one of, if not the only country in the world that protects its snakes.

Our legal system protects snakes. The two legged variety.

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"The rhinos will not be released into the wild. And if one did happen to escape, they would be pretty easy to spot.

I'm not sure why you think we don't care for our own. We are one of, if not the only country in the world that protects its snakes.

farmers consider everything native, plants and animals, vermin....

farmers have pulled out virgin forest from the coast to the deserts...

tell me again how Australia protects it natives?

Europeans have been on this continent for a couple of hundred years. They have managed to bring to the edge of extinction most species to their dreadful credit. That's  the actual facts...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_extinct_animals_of_Australia">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_e ... _Australia">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_extinct_animals_of_Australia

Following is a list of Australian animal extinctions from the arrival of the first European colonists in 1788, until the present. There are 24 birds (though just 1 from the mainland), 7 frogs, and 27 mammal species or subspecies strongly believed to have become extinct in Australia since European settlement.

Brink of Extinction...

https://www.natureaustralia.org.au/explore/australian-animals/australia-s-endangered-animals/australia-s-endangered-animals-newsletter/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-8PjBRCWARIsADc18TK-BtTsgT94uvIMN4KW16grnme1bA_xYIRrM0RtcQqC8E0KaID2FPAaAkuwEALw_wcB">https://www.natureaustralia.org.au/expl ... uwEALw_wcB">https://www.natureaustralia.org.au/explore/australian-animals/australia-s-endangered-animals/australia-s-endangered-animals-newsletter/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-8PjBRCWARIsADc18TK-BtTsgT94uvIMN4KW16grnme1bA_xYIRrM0RtcQqC8E0KaID2FPAaAkuwEALw_wcB

They've got African big cats on our continent... they should be shipped home. They don't belong here.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Because Rainbow Lorikeets are introduced to WA, they're being slaughtered....

These birds worth 1500 dollars ea in Canada for instance are just being wiped out because they're in the wrong state.

Nutjobs run our country... environmental vandals and nutjobs.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Anyway... God owns the planet and he's letting men ruin it for future generations. I have to learn not the care so much....

This is what I see on the news. Sickos still living...Ugh, there is no link to the bastards that murdered kangaroos at the Vines Golf Resort.
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Because Rainbow Lorikeets are introduced to WA, they're being slaughtered....

These birds worth 1500 dollars ea in Canada for instance are just being wiped out because they're in the wrong state.

There slaughtering Rainbow Lorikeets.

:swoon:

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "caskur"Because Rainbow Lorikeets are introduced to WA, they're being slaughtered....

They're established in Perth city... they're trying to stop them getting into the countryside.... they claim they're a pest because they're completing with WA native species for nesting hollows..... it's all BS... it's just another excuse to murder our wildlife.

There is only ONE real danger to native flora and fauna and that is humans... I do not want to end up like another America... over-crowded with no natural wonders... or rather shrinking natural wonders. Humans have to ease up on breeding.
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Yes. Imagine a flock of vividly coloured, beautiful parrots flying over your city. Oh, the humanity.

Western Australians also wanted to kill all the sharks.

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Yes. Imagine a flock of vividly coloured, beautiful parrots flying over your city. Oh, the humanity.

Western Australians also wanted to kill all the sharks.

My thoughts precisely... Why get rid of colourful birds?... they belong to our continent... it's good enough for me.

As for sharks... I come from a professional fishing family. I couldn't give a shit about man eating sharks. I hope the fishermen do their job and secretly kill them.

If you've ever kept a tank full of tropical fish, eventually only a very large Angel fish remains.

Too many apex predators in the environment is BAD for the environment.

I agree with one man's idea... instead of tagging sharks... tow the whale carcass out to sea... we keep burying them when they wash up. That's just stupid. They're the sharks dinner.
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Or, here's a crazy idea...don't enter the shark's territory.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"Or, here's a crazy idea...don't enter the shark's territory.

I love the water, but I never wanted to wander into their territory.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

I may be wrong...but I'm pretty sure you're safe from sharks on Canadian beaches.

Frood

Shark is yummy when battered and deep fried
Blahhhhhh...