Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Fraud and scam calls...

Started by Berry Sweet, February 19, 2019, 10:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berry Sweet

..anyone else getting endless calls?  I was up late last night watching a show on Netflix and my phone started ringing at 1:30am....I googled the number and it was on a list of scams...it called back again...and again...repetitively...atleast 8 times...wtf!! I ended blocking the number...I'm seriously pissed off they choose to call repetitively at that hour.  

And then again today more calls, but a different number.  I'm so sick of it.

Berry Sweet

I just googled the numbers that called me this afternoon...more of those fake pretending to be a bank looking into your account.  This shit is so old.  Are people literally still falling for this shit??

Odinson

How does your bank business work..

Do you have a username and a password to the bank website?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Odinson"How does your bank business work..

Any bank will NEVER call you.  They will send you a letter and ask you to come down to the bank IF there is a problem.

NEVER give anyone any information about yourself on the phone.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"..anyone else getting endless calls?  I was up late last night watching a show on Netflix and my phone started ringing at 1:30am....I googled the number and it was on a list of scams...it called back again...and again...repetitively...atleast 8 times...wtf!! I ended blocking the number...I'm seriously pissed off they choose to call repetitively at that hour.  

I haven't had any for quite a while. All have been recordings.

Odinson

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Any bank will NEVER call you.  They will send you a letter and ask you to come down to the bank IF there is a problem.

My bank has called..

They have asked my ID...

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"..anyone else getting endless calls?  I was up late last night watching a show on Netflix and my phone started ringing at 1:30am....I googled the number and it was on a list of scams...it called back again...and again...repetitively...atleast 8 times...wtf!! I ended blocking the number...I'm seriously pissed off they choose to call repetitively at that hour.  

I had a break for a while...now I'm getting them again.  But I never get the repetative calls in the wee hours of the morning.  I just checked my phone logs.. and even tho I blocked the number..it called me again around 10am...I missed the call I guess.  I dont get how they can still call even tho you block them??

Anonymous

I had a break for a while...now I'm getting them again.  But I never get the repetative calls in the wee hours of the morning.  I just checked my phone logs.. and even tho I blocked the number..it called me again around 10am...I missed the call I guess.  I dont get how they can still call even tho you block them??

Recordings or people?

Bricktop

Darn.

I thought this thread was about Dinky.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Odinson"

My bank has called..

They have asked my ID...

Banks should never call you and ask for information.  That's a red flag right there.  They may call to confirm or remind about an appointment.

I have had tonnes of emails from banks...e en banks I dont even deal with..telling me there is a "problem with my account and to email back with a bunch of personal info"....yeah...NO.

I've shown this to tellers and they said it's all scams.

I one time had a problem with my account a d the bank sent me a letter giving a brief outline of the problem and asked me to come down in person  << that is the legit way of doing business with a bank.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Darn.

Actually, I did too for a second too.

Berry Sweet

Recordings or people?

I dunno cause I dont answer anymore.  When I use to answer it was always an actual person...most of the time, it was a person who couldn't speak English properly or had an accent so thick you could cut it with a fart.

I'm not getting messages or recordings at all, so I'm presuming it's actually a person calling me.

I use to pick up and say nothing...you could hear the person immediately babbling at the other end...they use to always call while I was making dinner...so I would put the phone up to the fan running above the stove until they hung up.  

Other times I would make noises like I was taking a shit.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Bricktop"Darn.

Actually, I did too for a second too.

Oh you guys (and gals)

Frood

Just talk perverted and bizarre to them. Ask them how many times a day they finger their bottoms thinking about their mums getting pack raped by orangutans in clown shoes. Anything like that and the boys lose their subcontinental sht.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Recordings or people?

I dunno cause I dont answer anymore.  When I use to answer it was always an actual person...most of the time, it was a person who couldn't speak English properly or had an accent so thick you could cut it with a fart.

I'm not getting messages or recordings at all, so I'm presuming it's actually a person calling me.

I use to pick up and say nothing...you could hear the person immediately babbling at the other end...they use to always call while I was making dinner...so I would put the phone up to the fan running above the stove until they hung up.  

Other times I would make noises like I was taking a shit.

I start speaking Chinese if I got a live person.