Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:36:52 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Japan's Schindler

Started by Gaon, February 20, 2019, 01:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

I block parked my car last summer.

There was a legitimate parking spot but it was right in front of a apartment building garage door.

The apartment building is new and the tiling on the street indicates that there is a parking spot there..

I wasnt observing the surroundings.. I was just seeing the empty spot.

Odinson

The big honking woman working in the building was slightly pissed..

I just said oops.

JOE

World War II was possibly the most savage war in the history of civilization.

I find the mere mention of that War to be extremely haunting.

Even though I wasn't born then, for some reason I feel as if I lived during that time in a previous life & was there to witness its horrors. Of all the wars I've studied or read about, this one seems to be the most terrifyingly real & e most tragic.

I feel badly for every civilian on either side who suffered & died in it.

caskur

Quote from: "JOE"World War II was possibly the most savage war in the history of civilization.

I find the mere mention of that War to be extremely haunting.

Even though I wasn't born then, for some reason I feel as if I lived during that time in a previous life & was there to witness its horrors. Of all the wars I've studied or read about, this one seems to be the most terrifyingly real & e most tragic.

I feel badly for every civilian on either side who suffered & died in it.

Absolutely...

We're just seeing off people who lived through that time. Their numbers have greatly reduced...

A neighbour that lived next door was one of nine brothers that went to WW2... he was the only brother to return... probably died about 3 years ago. He was from South Australia.

The stories live all around us

It's a big deal remembering the fallen in Oz...

My brother is the currator of the Albany military museum. He got to meet Prince Charles and Camilla when they came over for Prince Charles birthday party ... it was a big deal to my mum....lol
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"I block parked my car last summer.

There was a legitimate parking spot but it was right in front of a apartment building garage door.

The apartment building is new and the tiling on the street indicates that there is a parking spot there..

I wasnt observing the surroundings.. I was just seeing the empty spot.

Did you mean  to post this in the police thread?

Anonymous

Maybe Gaon can confirm this, but I heard Israel has very close relations with the countries of the East. Youth exchanges, scholarships for Asian students to name a couple of goodies Israel offers the nations of East Asia.