Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Having to show ID to purchase disposable plastic knives at the supermarket

Started by Frood, March 17, 2019, 12:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Carrying any knife without lawful purpose is an offence. Read the words carefully (as with all laws)...it does not say "carrying a knife FOR AN UNLAWFUL PURPOSE" but the opposite...this has the effect of placing the onus on the carrier to prove that the 2 steak knives were being carried for a SPECIFIC and LAWFUL reason. Unless one is on the way to a dinner where cutlery is not supplied, that lawful purpose is going to be hard to prove.

In this day and age, the cops are going to take no chances. Steak knife, pocket knife, box cutter...no lawful purpose and you're knicked.

And also in the modern age, checking the glove box and boot of detained vehicles is SOP.

Even for traffic stops.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Dude, that is definitely an offence, and my advice would be to remove them asap.

Having a prior for "Carrying an offensive weapon" in this day and age is a curse you will carry for life.

Trust me on this, you would not be the first to be pinched for carrying such implements in your glove box.

For a steak knife or two in the glove box.

ac_wot

My husband got stabbed with a screwdriver carried by a 16 yr old aborigine...

Screwdriver in the glove box will do just as good a job.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Same law applies.

Screwdrivers carried in a car are a little harder to categorise as a weapon though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Carrying any knife without lawful purpose is an offence. Read the words carefully (as with all laws)...it does not say "carrying a knife FOR AN UNLAWFUL PURPOSE" but the opposite...this has the effect of placing the onus on the carrier to prove that the 2 steak knives were being carried for a SPECIFIC and LAWFUL reason. Unless one is on the way to a dinner where cutlery is not supplied, that lawful purpose is going to be hard to prove.

In this day and age, the cops are going to take no chances. Steak knife, pocket knife, box cutter...no lawful purpose and you're knicked.

And also in the modern age, checking the glove box and boot of detained vehicles is SOP.

Even for traffic stops.

So, going camping, a knife is fine?

caskur

Oven cleaner... straight in the face is a nice quick weapon.

We have cans stashed around the house waiting to squirt abos coming through the side doors.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"Are you making a point, or displaying your idiocy. Again.

I was referencing your blanket statement. The one which attempted to paint your view as gospel and your rendition of the facts as the only set. Again.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Then, instead of pulling funny faces, as is your way, please enlighten us all with YOUR version of the truth.

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Oven cleaner... straight in the face is a nice quick weapon.

We have cans stashed around the house waiting to squirt abos coming through the side doors.

You can buy bear spray here over the counter, no questions asked. It's been used in convenience store robberies.