Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Whisky is Coming!

Started by Frood, March 18, 2019, 04:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

https://i.postimg.cc/g0c8qRLg/Screenshot-20190318-192034.jpg">

8 bottles of various single malts done in Game of Thrones theme.  ac_biggrin  :thumbup:

I reckon it's a good investment for after the series finishes up.
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

I had shock an hour and 40 minutes ago. I need one of those to take my nerves away.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Not for drinking though. Collectibles only.
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

It won't be a waste if most people can't holdout from drinking them in the coming years.
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Already sold out in under 4 hours. It was an online only members special in email. GOT people are nuts.
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

I have to wait for the season to finish before I can buy the boxed set.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"https://i.postimg.cc/g0c8qRLg/Screenshot-20190318-192034.jpg">

8 bottles of various single malts done in Game of Thrones theme.  ac_biggrin  :thumbup:

Blazor would like that.

Bricktop

$800 for 8 bottles of each distillery's low end variations. In other words, $800 for 8 bottles with different labels on them.

Whisky afficionados won't touch them. Purely for GoT fans.

Were they unique expressions, they may have been worth the price, but they aren't. For example, Dalwhinnie Winter's Gold is around $80 a bottle.

Singleton is even cheaper.

Not quite a scam...but not the investment you may think.

Frood

I realized the difference between the bundle themed price and the actual prices of standard almost instantly. It's not equal but not prohibitively expensive either. GOT fans will be hard pressed to not empty out their bottles in the coming years.

I'm buying into the merchandising aspect.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

That might fetch a small return from GoT fans...but whisky collectors won't pay over the odds for cheaper lines.

They would spend $800 on a Lagavulin Distillers Edition.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"https://i.postimg.cc/g0c8qRLg/Screenshot-20190318-192034.jpg">

A marketing scam.

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"That might fetch a small return from GoT fans...but whisky collectors won't pay over the odds for cheaper lines.

They would spend $800 on a Lagavulin Distillers Edition.

I'm not aiming for the whisky collectors.
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Blazor would like that.

Surprisingly, I have only seen a few episodes of Game of Thrones  :laugh:

While I can appreciate the uniqueness, I wouldnt be interested, especially at that price.

Now, had it been Lord of the Rings themed, and $20-30 a bottle, I would greatly be interested lol  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Bricktop

Just as long as you bear in mind that these "collector" items are appealing only for their labels, not the contents of the bottle.

Don't expect to double your money any time soon.