Replies: 10398
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

the social outreach worker thread

Started by Anonymous, March 18, 2019, 11:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Post whatever you can think of about social outreach workers....good, bad or indifferent.

Gaon

Quote from: "Fashionista"Post whatever you can think of about social outreach workers....good, bad or indifferent.

That would be Blurt. It must be a heart wrenching job. The underclass in Vancouver is really destitute.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Post whatever you can think of about social outreach workers....good, bad or indifferent.

That would be Blurt. It must be a heart wrenching job. The underclass in Vancouver is really destitute.

He seems to enjoy his work.

Gaon

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I believe that.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

I'll throw the turd on the table.

Many social workers that I had experience with were social workers for a very significant and disturbing reason; they wanted to make themselves feel special and important by dealing with the misery of others. This, in my view, is NOT a good rationale for picking a career in this field, because it challenges objectivity. The duty becomes a crusade, and the crusade becomes a cause.

Most were embedded in ideology, usually left to far left. Many viewed their role as a warrior in class warfare against the ruling bourgeoisie.

True, some were objective, rational and balanced in their approach...but these were in the minority.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I'll throw the turd on the table.

Many social workers that I had experience with were social workers for a very significant and disturbing reason; they wanted to make themselves feel special and important by dealing with the misery of others. This, in my view, is NOT a good rationale for picking a career in this field, because it challenges objectivity. The duty becomes a crusade, and the crusade becomes a cause.

Most were embedded in ideology, usually left to far left. Many viewed their role as a warrior in class warfare against the ruling bourgeoisie.

True, some were objective, rational and balanced in their approach...but these were in the minority.

Personally, I've only met volunteer outreach workers..

They were very sincere in their desire to improve the lives of the people they were helping..

Blurt is the only person I know of that gets a salary for it.

Bricktop

I do not question their sincerity.

I question their motives and objectivity.

Frood

I can't stand the idiots generally. I try to abuse them any chance I get. They tend to be very self righteous and easily triggered. Which is fun.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I do not question their sincerity.

I question their motives and objectivity.

I don't, but I've only met volunteers.

Odinson

I generally have a low opinion of them..

Just that I know what kind of people usually apply for these jobs.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"I generally have a low opinion of them..

Just that I know what kind of people usually apply for these jobs.

Liberal arts majors, who else.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

That he does.

cc

Quote from: "Gaon"That would be Blurt. It must be a heart wrenching job.

Agree. Every day would bring new heart wrenching situations.

Quote The underclass in Vancouver is really destitute.

True. Van has so many. I had thought Blurt worked in Victoria??
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "Gaon"That would be Blurt. It must be a heart wrenching job. The underclass in Vancouver is really destitute.

Agree. Every day would bring new heart wrenching situations.

I had thought Blurt worked in Victoria??

I talked to him privately and I don't know for sure. I thought he is in Montreal or was. Location never came up.

cc

Yes. Was in Montreal. I believe moved to Vic several months ago

Blurtsky - Where are you when we need you?  ac_biggrin
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell