Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

NO INDICTMENTS - No Collusion - No Nothing - Dreams dashed

Started by cc, March 22, 2019, 09:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"very true.  They're long past caring about right or wrong.    And I don't think even bad polling would dissuade them either.  the AOCs in the house don't think about polls and such.  They are like rabid dogs.

------

QuoteMSNBC host Chris Matthews expressed outrage on Friday upon hearing reports that Special Counsel Robert Mueller had completed his Russia investigation and submitted it to the attorney general -- with further indictments not expected.

Matthews began his show by summarizing the breaking news, but stressed that Mueller handed his report to the Department of Justice "without ever directly interviewing the president of the United States."

"That means no charges against the president, his children or his associates after all those meetings with the Russians," a visibly upset Matthews told his viewers.

The leftards loved Mueller, I wonder if they will start badmouthing him now that he hasn't come up with anything. :pop:

MSNBC is another American news/editorial source I won't watch.

I just go to Drudge and let them aggregate the newsworthy headlines and links for me.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"Old Peaches is burning his bra as I type.

It's hardly necessary to make this a trophy thread about me, Herman.

Especially when anyone familiar with American practice knew months ago that there were no more bombshells coming directly from Mueller.  (That, of course, includes me because I'm smart about this kind of stuff.)

That said, I can't quite agree with cc's summary, to wit:

Quote from: "cc"all a big POOF

The delivery of Mueller's report signals that he has fulfilled his charter and he is done with indicting people himself as part of that charter.  But it's safe to assume there is plenty of other stuff in his report that Congress will claim (with valid precedent) that it has a duty to see.  There will no doubt be lawsuits, as was the case in 2012, to decide what Congress gets to see (assuming the AG doesn't just give them the report which is quite unlikely.)  That material has the potential to provide a roadmap for further investigations by the House.

"NO COLLUSION"  -- Mueller has already said that he doesn't consider indicting the president to be within the scope of his authority.  Thus, "no more indictments" does not equate to "no collusion."

Everyone wants to know what else is in the report, and it's safe to assume that there is plenty of unseemly stuff and probably criminal behavior being discussed.  But it's stuff NOT related directly to the scope of Mueller's charter, just stuff he thinks the AG should make further prosecutorial decisions about.  As I said, the next act in this melodrama will lie in answering the question of who will get to see that information, and finding out exactly how big a turd the AG is.

It's also necessary for people to keep in mind that Mueller's job was to be a prosecutor.  To me that means that his report will include plenty of INCULPATORY stuff that is NOt balanced by EXCULPATORY stuff, and thus that material will be potentially incendiary, and thus inappropriate viewing for most.

And we already know that all of this is far too nuanced for media or American citizens to have the first clue about proper behavior or good judgment or patience.  

So it's not the end of anything ... except the beginning.  It's the end of the beginning.

There will be an intermission while stuff goes on behind the curtain and the scenery is rearranged.  It's far too soon for the audience to have to view the naked bricks in the back wall of the theater.

Frood

Quote from: "Peaches"

Especially when anyone familiar with American practice knew months ago that there were no more bombshells coming directly from Mueller.  (That, of course, includes me because I'm smart about this kind of stuff.)

That said, I can't quite agree with cc's summary, to wit:

Quote from: "cc"all a big POOF

The delivery of Mueller's report signals that he has fulfilled his charter and he is done with indicting people himself as part of that charter.  But it's safe to assume there is plenty of other stuff in his report that Congress will claim (with valid precedent) that it has a duty to see.  There will no doubt be lawsuits, as was the case in 2012, to decide what Congress gets to see (assuming the AG doesn't just give them the report which is quite unlikely.)  That material has the potential to provide a roadmap for further investigations by the House.

"NO COLLUSION"  -- Mueller has already said that he doesn't consider indicting the president to be within the scope of his authority.  Thus, "no more indictments" does not equate to "no collusion."

Everyone wants to know what else is in the report, and it's safe to assume that there is plenty of unseemly stuff and probably criminal behavior being discussed.  But it's stuff NOT related directly to the scope of Mueller's charter, just stuff he thinks the AG should make further prosecutorial decisions about.  As I said, the next act in this melodrama will lie in answering the question of who will get to see that information, and finding out exactly how big a turd the AG is.

It's also necessary for people to keep in mind that Mueller's job was to be a prosecutor.  To me that means that his report will include plenty of INCULPATORY stuff that is NOt balanced by EXCULPATORY stuff, and thus that material will be potentially incendiary, and thus inappropriate viewing for most.

And we already know that all of this is far too nuanced for media or American citizens to have the first clue about proper behavior or good judgment or patience.  

So it's not the end of anything ... except the beginning.  It's the end of the beginning.

There will be an intermission while stuff goes on behind the curtain and the scenery is rearranged.  It's far too soon for the audience to have to view the naked bricks in the back wall of the theater.

Go lick your wounded taint and stop wasting retinas viewing your revisionist come-again-double-down bullshit.

No new indictments means no valid claims.

It's over. Attack the people who got him elected instead and see how that works out for you.

Except that you lost.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

That's not what he was doing.

Wazzzup

The Russian collusion conspiracy was nothing but the democrats and the media's version of the Jussie Smollett hoax.

After 25 million dollars and two years wasted the only thing learned was that the US media is lying piece of trash, and the democrat party are entitled tyrants on the level of corrupt third world countries.

Gaon

Quote from: "Wazzzup"The Russian collusion conspiracy was nothing but the democrats and the media's version of the Jussie Smollett hoax.

After 25 million dollars and two years wasted the only thing learned was that the US media is lying piece of shit, and the democrat party are entitled tyrants on the level of corrupt third world countries.

Should there be consequences for investigations into hoaxes like Russia collusion. In my opinion, yes.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Go lick your wounded taint and stop wasting retinas viewing your revisionist come-again-double-down bullshit.

It's over. Attack the people who got him elected instead and see how that works out for you.

Except that you lost.

Kind of early in the day for you to be shitfaced, isn't it?  

I realize this is going to be a weekend where everyone hangs an imaginary law degree on the wall above his monitor, but there are choices.

Evidently yours is from the Moscow campus of Trump University.   :crazy:

Sorry, but I have to be allowed to respond to the words on the monitor before and after my username.

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Except that you lost.

Kind of early in the day for you to be shitfaced, isn't it?  

I realize this is going to be a weekend where everyone hangs an imaginary law degree on the wall above his monitor, but there are choices.

Evidently yours is from the Moscow campus of Trump University.   :crazy:

Sorry, but I have to be allowed to respond to the words on the monitor before and after my username.

ac_lmfao

Build a bridge without government edicts or taxation theft and get over it, you geriatric dole bludger!  ac_biggrin

You know... grow an actual spine.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"The Russian collusion conspiracy was nothing but the democrats and the media's version of the Jussie Smollett hoax.

After 25 million dollars and two years wasted the only thing learned was that the US media is lying piece of shit, and the democrat party are entitled tyrants on the level of corrupt third world countries.

Should there be consequences for investigations into hoaxes like Russia collusion. In my opinion, yes.

If Mueller needs work, maybe Trump should appoint him special prosecutor to investigate collusion between the FBI, the Clinton camp that lead to the fake Russia collusion investigation.

Anonymous

CNN won't know how to fill 23 hours a day of their programming.

Bricktop

They'll think of something...

Trump is an alien.

Trump is transgender.

Trump wants to cancel elections.

Trump is Luke's father.

cc

Now I gotta know who is Luke

so I  can sleep tonight
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc"Now I gotta know who is Luke

so I  can sleep tonight

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fprofile_images%2F30646462%2Fluke_400x400.jpg&f=1">

DERP!

cc

Not remotely a Star Wars aficionado - left that for kids

It's very very late ... but I can now sleep tonight
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"They'll think of something...

Trump is an alien.

Trump is transgender.

Trump wants to cancel elections.

Trump is Luke's father.

:laugh: