Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Our Declaration was started by General Lee's father

Started by Blazor, July 04, 2020, 01:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazor

Thought some of y'all might find this interesting.....

Did you know this nation cornerstone was made possibly by Southerners?

The Fourth of July, we celebrate today,

Could not happen without Lee's

Yes,

Our Independence was not the product of the Declaration of Independence signed by John Hancock on July 4, 1776. On the contrary, the Declaration of Independence was the product of our Independence!

On June 7, 1776, a delegate from Virginia by the name of Richard Henry Lee proposed the "Lee Resolution." The Lee Resolution was the 3 step process of declaring independence from our then government of Great Britain. The first clause of the Lee Resolution proposed:

"That these United Colonies are, and of right out to be, free and independent States, that they are absolved from all allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain is, and ought to be, totally dissolved;"

On July 2, 1776, the Lee Resolution was brought to the Continental Congress floor. It was debated, voted, and ratified into law by 12 of the 13 colonies, New York abstaining because the delegates claimed they were unsure of how their constituents wanted them to vote. Upon ratification of the Lee Resolution, our 13 colonies, became 13 independent sovereign governments. We were from that day forward no longer colonies, each State was then and there independent.

Our independence was a legally created legislative act, just as binding as anything our Congress does today that is Constitutional.

Without the passing of the Lee Resolution, there would have been nothing to declare in the Declaration of Independence. As a matter of fact, the Declaration of Independence does not even claim to be the source of our independence, it merely boasts to be its declaration:

As you celebrate this nation's freedoms today

Remember the very cornerstones of this nation was possibly by two Southern Brothers

RICARD HENRY LEE and FRANCIS LIGHTFOOT LEE —

The only brothers among the fifty-six signers of the Declaration of Independence From Virginia

COLONEL HENRY LEE, also known as "Light-Horse Harry" — Cavalry leader during the Revolutionary War, one of the war's heroes, winning praise from General George Washington.

He also was the Father of

General Robert E. Lee

Happy Independence Day

:thumbup:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: Blazor post_id=369783 time=1593884203 user_id=2221
Thought some of y'all might find this interesting.....

Did you know this nation cornerstone was made possibly by Southerners?

The Fourth of July, we celebrate today,

Could not happen without Lee's

Yes,

Our Independence was not the product of the Declaration of Independence signed by John Hancock on July 4, 1776. On the contrary, the Declaration of Independence was the product of our Independence!

On June 7, 1776, a delegate from Virginia by the name of Richard Henry Lee proposed the "Lee Resolution." The Lee Resolution was the 3 step process of declaring independence from our then government of Great Britain. The first clause of the Lee Resolution proposed:

"That these United Colonies are, and of right out to be, free and independent States, that they are absolved from all allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain is, and ought to be, totally dissolved;"

On July 2, 1776, the Lee Resolution was brought to the Continental Congress floor. It was debated, voted, and ratified into law by 12 of the 13 colonies, New York abstaining because the delegates claimed they were unsure of how their constituents wanted them to vote. Upon ratification of the Lee Resolution, our 13 colonies, became 13 independent sovereign governments. We were from that day forward no longer colonies, each State was then and there independent.

Our independence was a legally created legislative act, just as binding as anything our Congress does today that is Constitutional.

Without the passing of the Lee Resolution, there would have been nothing to declare in the Declaration of Independence. As a matter of fact, the Declaration of Independence does not even claim to be the source of our independence, it merely boasts to be its declaration:

As you celebrate this nation's freedoms today

Remember the very cornerstones of this nation was possibly by two Southern Brothers

RICARD HENRY LEE and FRANCIS LIGHTFOOT LEE —

The only brothers among the fifty-six signers of the Declaration of Independence From Virginia

COLONEL HENRY LEE, also known as "Light-Horse Harry" — Cavalry leader during the Revolutionary War, one of the war's heroes, winning praise from General George Washington.

He also was the Father of

General Robert E. Lee

Happy Independence Day

:thumbup:

It doesn't affect me, but cool factoids.

Blazor

Its just another piece of proof, that when the Southerners broke off, it was in the name of Liberty and what our founding fathers fought for.

Anonymous

Quote from: Blazor post_id=369856 time=1593925559 user_id=2221
Its just another piece of proof, that when the Southerners broke off, it was in the name of Liberty and what our founding fathers fought for.

There will be more interest in this at SG where most posters live South of the 49th. No offense, but people in Canada do not really care what the "founding fathers" wanted.

Blazor

Quote from: Herman post_id=369858 time=1593925972 user_id=1689

There will be more interest in this at SG where most posters live South of the 49th. No offense, but people in Canada do not really care what the "founding fathers" wanted.

I was about to log in there and see what was said about this lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: Blazor post_id=369859 time=1593926051 user_id=2221

Most posters here live in Canada, and while Civil War era stiff is interesting, we have no dog in the fight. SG is mostly American posters who do.

Anonymous

We have our own regional and constitutional challenges.

Blazor

Quote from: Herman post_id=369861 time=1593926183 user_id=1689

Most posters here live in Canada, and while Civil War era stiff is interesting, we have no dog in the fight. SG is mostly American posters who do.

No one had even posted in my thread about it over there. Oh well lol. I just thought it was pretty interesting.

Anonymous

Quote from: Blazor post_id=369869 time=1593928395 user_id=2221

No one had even posted in my thread about it over there. Oh well lol. I just thought it was pretty interesting.

It is interesting. But, SG, even though Americans, is about memes. And like Fash said, Canada has a lot of regional polarization.

Blazor

Quote from: Herman post_id=369872 time=1593929469 user_id=1689

It is interesting. But, SG, even though Americans, is about memes. And like Fash said, Canada has a lot of regional polarization.

Would you believe, I had a neighbor confront me tonight, for lighting firecrackers. He had PTSD, so I understood, we both apologized to each other and even hugged. But there was no need for his anger when he came at me.

Anonymous

Quote from: Blazor post_id=369875 time=1593930408 user_id=2221

Would you believe, I had a neighbor confront me tonight, for lighting firecrackers. He had PTSD, so I understood, we both apologized to each other and even hugged. But there was no need for his anger when he came at me.

He is a veteran.

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=369881 time=1593937585 user_id=2015
Quote from: Blazor post_id=369875 time=1593930408 user_id=2221

He is a veteran.

Yeah.

And he is just as angry as a lot of us are at the things going on today. I dont think he still serves, but he said he doesnt know if a black guy even has his 6 these days. He was real angry at todays generation, and tried confronting my son and my nephew. But I told him they aint like the others, I taught them well lol.