Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Julian Assange arrested - fierce international reaction pro & con

Started by cc, April 11, 2019, 12:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"I heard a reliable source on the radio say he was a whistle blower of sorts, but also endangered people by releasing classified info.

His biggest crime, of course, was doing things Hillary didn't like.

I believe it was the Guardian and others who didn't check details before releasing, not Wikileaks.

The Guardian released information that Julian Assange was accused of releasing?

Then the Guardian along with other media outlets are culpible for releasing secret documents.

It's absolute rubbish to go after Assange when it was the papers that released the documents to the whole world.

And the rape allegations against Assange are bogus too...

Assange should not have hidden in that embassy imo. As far as I'm concerned, he should have just gone through the process and faced the music. The only thing I can think of why he didn't was because he truly feared for his life. Americans are nutters who kill people covertly. My guess is he thought he'd disappear once the Americans got him...
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Gaon

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"I heard a reliable source on the radio say he was a whistle blower of sorts, but also endangered people by releasing classified info.

I believe it was the Guardian and others who didn't check details before releasing, not Wikileaks.

Then the Guardian along with other media outlets are culpible for releasing secret documents.

It's absolute rubbish to go after Assange when it was the papers that released the documents to the whole world.

Assange should not have hidden in that embassy imo. As far as I'm concerned, he should have just gone through the process and faced the music. The only thing I can think of why he didn't was because he truly feared for his life. Americans are nutters who kill people covertly. My guess is he thought he'd disappear once the Americans got him...

The timing of the rape allegations looked suspicious.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

Meanwhile, our spineless Government just sits back and allows one of its citizens to be persecuted.

As usual.

caskur

Quote from: "Gaon"

The timing of the rape allegations looked suspicious.

Well the woman involved willingly had sex with him but wanted to use a condom. He didn't want to. She went to the police and questioned the law. She did NOT want to charge him of rape. The police did or want to rather. The Swedish police want to charge him.

Anyway, the yanks are always looking for a boogy man to lock up or fry on the electrical chair..... I really don't see any difference between how America acts and how radical Islam acts.

I'm so glad I live in free Australia.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Which is why Assange should be brought home to Australia.

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Meanwhile, our spineless Government just sits back and allows one of its citizens to be persecuted.

As usual.

Our government only care about flying under radars until they do their time and once retired from politics, collect their 6 figure per year pensions for the rest of their lives.

but always remember this saying because it's a truism,... honest money goes further.

Did you see the story of the single mother fighting Hodgkin lymphoma and centrelink hasseling her about looking for a job? That is the sort of story that gets my blood boiling.
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Bricktop

I'm never quite sure what to think of Wikileaks...but there are some revelations in this video I was previously unaware of.

">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I'm never quite sure what to think of Wikileaks...but there are some revelations in this video I was previously unaware of.

">

Interesting video Bricktop.

Anonymous

Frood

Quote from: "seoulbro"I take wikileaks releases with a pinch of salt.

I don't believe any of their leaks are in dispute. Maybe you mean that what you take with a grain of salt is type of subject matter and when exactly leaked?
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I don't believe any of their leaks are in dispute. Maybe you mean that what you take with a grain of salt is type of subject matter and when exactly leaked?

Timing of some leaks for one thing.

Frood

Quote from: "seoulbro"

They time them to inflict the biggest blow possible against those who hate transparency.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

They time them to inflict the biggest blow possible against those who hate transparency.

I gathered that..

Is Wikileaks completely unbiased?

Do they receive funds from one person or organization to leak information about their rivals?

Frood

I gathered that..

Is Wikileaks completely unbiased?

Do they receive funds from one person or organization to leak information about their rivals?

I'd say they're pretty unbiased. They can't create leaks out of thin air so only the timing could possibly be called into question.

They've in the past relied on crowdfunding and donations although most of the major payment processors have banned transactions to them as payback for leaks...
Blahhhhhh...