The best topic

Replies: 8486
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 04, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

The ground is wet!!!

Started by Bricktop, May 01, 2019, 06:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Bricktop"It's hard to express how relieved we are when the rain finally comes. 6 months of little to no rain is not unusual, but with record heat and NO rain for 7 months we get a little perturbed.

We still need lots more...but apparently we're getting hosed this evening. I assume Caskur has already received their allocation.

What is drier and hotter, Perth or Adelaide?

1990's stats were Perth Adelaide and Hobart were the driest Capital cities but it has worsened since then. Canberra is now just as dry apparently.

Hobart is the capital of Tasmania.....I thought that entire province got lots of precipitation(rain and some snow).

Hobart is truely a stunning city... I've been there... They have a mountain behind them with snow, sure, but for some reason it has a low rainfall.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"It's hard to express how relieved we are when the rain finally comes. 6 months of little to no rain is not unusual, but with record heat and NO rain for 7 months we get a little perturbed.

We still need lots more...but apparently we're getting hosed this evening. I assume Caskur has already received their allocation.

1990's stats were Perth Adelaide and Hobart were the driest Capital cities but it has worsened since then. Canberra is now just as dry apparently.

Hobart is the capital of Tasmania.....I thought that entire province got lots of precipitation(rain and some snow).

Hobart is truely a stunning city... I've been there... They have a mountain behind them with snow, sure, but for some reason it has a low rainfall.

Tasmania has beautiful scenery and I heard great fishing.

caskur

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

That why we're threatened by Asia... Our sea food.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

They sea your food and eat it.

caskur

Two main problems in various parts of Asia....

1. they overfished

2. they use the ocean as a dump

3. a newer one, the Japanese Nuclear power station meltdown
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

1. they overfished

Fish is a staple in Asia. Be careful.

caskur

1. they overfished

Fish is a staple in Asia. Be careful.

Be careful of what?

Do you think this is uncommon? It's not. It's standard.... It's dangerous to wildlife... and fish. The most important thing on land is trees, the most important thing in the ocean are little fish.

They need to clean up their shit. It's atrocious.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

India, China...

We don't have these problems... No one should have these problems.

1. Ganges River

The Ganges River, the most sacred river in Hinduism and the third largest river (by discharge) in the world, holds water that can purportedly cleanse people of sin. Many Hindus think the river's water is so healthful they actually drink it as if it were an elixir. Be that as it may, the importance of the river cannot be overestimated, as it affects the lives of 400 million people who live near it. Unfortunately, people dump their waste into the Ganges as they use it for drinking, bathing and cooking, giving rise to many water-borne illnesses. In fact, people who can't afford cremation throw corpses into the river. It's hard to imagine a filthier river than the beloved Ganges.

Nevertheless, attempts are being made to clean up the Ganges River. The Ganga Action Plan, began in 1985 and considered one of the greatest efforts to clean up a polluted river in the world, has been an abject failure because it's vastly underfunded. Still, this is a start, and everyone should hope the Ganges River runs clean again.

2. Yellow River

The condition of the Yellow River, whose water is filled with a yellow sediment known as loess, hence its name, is essential to the well-being of China, though at times the river has flooded, killing millions of people. These days, the river is troublesome in another way: The water in it is so egregiously polluted that it's unfit even for agricultural use. In fact, in any given year, more than four billion tons of sewage is dumped into the river. And, as China continues to industrialize at breakneck speed, the Yellow River has become a toxic waste dump, turning river water colors other than yellow, at the very least.

But there are environment activists in China who would like to clean up the Yellow River. Green Camel Bell, established in 2004, is dedicated to the improvement of declining ecosystems in western China. This group, however, will do little more than educate people. The Chinese government must stop cities and industries from dumping waste into the river, then perhaps the color of the Yellow River will return to its former color.

This is the world outside of Australia...

https://soapboxie.com/social-issues/What-Are-the-10-Most-Polluted-Rivers-in-the-World">https://soapboxie.com/social-issues/Wha ... -the-World">https://soapboxie.com/social-issues/What-Are-the-10-Most-Polluted-Rivers-in-the-World
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Tasmania is really white. It used to be anyway.

Bricktop

Still is for some strange reason.

Maybe it's the cold.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Still is for some strange reason.

Maybe it's the cold.

Calgary is colder than Hobart and I'm here

caskur

Clean water is more precious than gold.

I can't believe foolish mankind polluting it on purpose...

You'd think the last century would have enlightened people but it obviously hasn't.
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

QuoteCalgary is colder than Hobart and I'm here

Ah, but you are not white...I think Herman was alluding to the cultural profile, not the geography.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"As evidenced by this photo...

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.salon.com%2F2011%2F05%2Fmy_life_as_a_man_in_a_skirt.jpg&f=1">

That's a younger, fitter Dinky Freud. Wearing his wife's clothes.

Odinson

The water in Ganges is milky, greenish shit.. And it stinks.

Corpses... Deadly diseases..

And they bathe in it..