Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Just thought I'd say "Hi!"

Started by Superchecker, May 11, 2019, 08:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superchecker

Hi gang, happy May -spring...

It's been a crazy few months; brother dealing with brain cancer; sister struggling with unemployment and trying to get disability. Plus, her partner is being evicted too. Then, my wife and I discovered a family friend deceased. Crazy....

On the flip side: I've lost 25 pounds, and got my blood sugar numbers down; and the Mrs has lost ten pounds and got her blood numbers down too...

Off to Vegas for the 20th time next week!!

Mostly active on Reddit these days...

Hope everybody is good here....
<t></t>

Skippy

Hi just replyed to your thread on VF

Skippy

VF is being spammed by Karl and Seamajor at the moment   ac_boring

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Hi gang, happy May -spring...

It's been a crazy few months; brother dealing with brain cancer; sister struggling with unemployment and trying to get disability. Plus, her partner is being evicted too. Then, my wife and I discovered a family friend deceased. Crazy....

On the flip side: I've lost 25 pounds, and got my blood sugar numbers down; and the Mrs has lost ten pounds and got her blood numbers down too...

Superchecker, I'm so happy to see you.

ac_smile

I 'm very sorry about your siblings..

But, you are healthy and as always, very happy..

Have a safe trip to Las Vegas..

Drop in and tell us how it went.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: "Skippy"VF is being spammed by Karl and Seamajor at the moment   ac_boring

Tedious little fuckheads aren't they?

Although I GET the karl parody troll as talking to a leftist isn't really much different than dealing with that robotic spammer. But Seamoron? Nah, he's a real toolbag.

Blazor

Oh damn, hate to hear that about your bro and sis too. How bad is the brain cancer? My wife had that. I hear they have come along with better options to battle it, but with my wife the chemo would not pass the blood/brain barrier. Have they offered him any options or anything? Hope sis finds a job.

As far as you, good job on the weight loss and getting healthy, being healthy makes one happier. Have fun on your trip!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Oh damn, hate to hear that about your bro and sis too. How bad is the brain cancer? My wife had that. I hear they have come along with better options to battle it, but with my wife the chemo would not pass the blood/brain barrier. Have they offered him any options or anything? Hope sis finds a job.

As far as you, good job on the weight loss and getting healthy, being healthy makes one happier. Have fun on your trip!

It's always very bad Blazor.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"Oh damn, hate to hear that about your bro and sis too. How bad is the brain cancer? My wife had that. I hear they have come along with better options to battle it, but with my wife the chemo would not pass the blood/brain barrier. Have they offered him any options or anything? Hope sis finds a job.

It's always very bad Blazor.

Well if thats the case, and chemo is the only option, I would suggest to anyone to live out their last days the best they can. My wife suffered through chemo, couldnt do anything out in the sun or much at all really. If I had to choose, it would be my last days in the sunshine.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Super, always a pleasure when my fave bus driver makes an unscheduled stop on his route. acc_hugz

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Super, always a pleasure when my fave bus driver makes an unscheduled stop on his route. acc_hugz

lol, I like how you worded that.

ac_smile

Anonymous

Hi guy. ac_hithere

Berry Sweet

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Hi Super!  :JC_howdy:

That was a pleasant surprise and you dropping in too Berry.

ac_smile

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Superchecker, I'm so happy to see you.

ac_smile

I 'm very sorry about your siblings..

But, you are healthy and as always, very happy..

Have a safe trip to Las Vegas..

Drop in and tell us how it went.

Hi! We had lots of fun down there. Not much luck gambling, but still had a great time.

Met my wife's nephew and his common law wife down there for dinner. We were the first ones to find out that they got engaged down there! Many thought he'd never propose...

Took in the Wayne Newton show at a lounge in Caesars Palace. Bought the last available seats, and were shocked to get upgraded to the VIP section. And, it turned out to be his 60th anniversary for performing in Vegas, so we all got treated to champagne to toast his career. All the corporate big wigs from Caesars and Harrah's entertainment were there. We sat in front of Bob Eubanks, from The Newlywed game tv show! Great show!

Found some great deals at the outlet mall. I saved like $60US on Reebok runners and two T shirts. The Mrs saved hundreds on a Michael Kors handbag. 70% off and then another 50% off that price too.

Coming home was a little interesting: A Toronto flight at the same time was cancelled, and many passengers were pissed at the two-three day delay. Luckily our flight was fine. The security line at Vegas airport is crazy long, i'm sure at least 40 minutes to get thru at 8:45am.

Enjoyed dinners at the Cheesecake Factory; and at The Paris and Planet Hollywood hotels. Enjoyed free breakfasts at the Gold Coast buffet and Earl of Sandwich.

Had the worst luck with their buses. We seem to just miss a bus everytime, and then waited 15-25 minutes for the next bus. All four times we tried catching buses...

BC road trip in September .... And most likely a family wedding in September 2020 too.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Hello Super, I've never been to Las Vegas..

I can see from your post, why they call it the entertainment capital..

It looks like my husband's shop won't be moving to North Dakota this year..

I think they are waiting to see what the new Alberta government will do to reverse the NDP damage to the oil and gas business, and the results of the federal election..

We will go camping in the Kootenays in our motorhome at least once this summer.

And my daughter graduates from high school next month. ac_biggrin