The best topic

Replies: 10394
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:15:05 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

The Dollar store...

Started by Berry Sweet, September 01, 2013, 07:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

..dollar-rama, .99 cent store, whatever you wanna call it....do you buy food supplies there?

I never do, but I went there the other day with LO...and we decided to brows the food and supplies isles...I never thought to look there...but I was surprised some of the items you can get there for cheap!  Barilla spaghetti, my fave!  Was only $1.50/box!  I got some tomato sauces, dish soap, wash clothes, juice....they even 1l Pepsi for .69 cents!  

Not everything is worth buying in those food isles.  But some other things really are!  I even got a big pack of nice dish clothes for cleaning for $2!  I'm definitely going to go back and buy those items!  I can save so much a month there for basic household items and some of the decent food products!

Do you buy anything from there?  What do you buy or not like?

Anonymous

Ms. Berry Sweet, some people on this forum look down on me because I buy some products at Dollar Rama.

I agree, why pay twice as much for noodles or canned fruit at Safeway?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"Ms. Berry Sweet, some people on this forum look down on me because I buy some products at Dollar Rama.

Really?  I'll bet those people shop there too.

I don't understand why it is "better" or even "cooler" to pay twice or 3x as much for a single product in other stores...things such as dish soap, brooms, wipes or even swiffer style replacement pads...heck of a lot cheaper!  Basically you are throwing those out anyways...so it makes sense...with the money I save I can give LO an allowance!  Well, I already do, but not a whole lot...but then I can put a little more into her savings account I have made for her.

Berry Sweet

Anyway I can save I have to right now!  Hallowe'en is coming up, I have to buy/make a costume, there will be parties n stuff for fall...then LO's birthday and xmas...uugg!  This time of year is hard!  I wish LO had a birthday in the spring to balance things out....but gotta do what I gotta do....

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"Ms. Berry Sweet, some people on this forum look down on me because I buy some products at Dollar Rama.

Nah.

Berry Sweet

I was surprised how many people had shopping carts full of food!  Groceries sure ain't cheap these days!  Espcially with all the back to school stuff I have to buy...I got a bag of sugar for $1....I feel like a geek, but kinda happy at the same time...cause most grocery stores I go to I come out with 2 bags for $60...and at the dollar store I got 2 full bags for $20...and LO even got some crafts and a toy!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Really? I'll bet those people shop there too.I don't understand why it is "better" or even "cooler" to pay twice or 3x as much for a single product in other stores...things such as dish soap, brooms, wipes or even swiffer style replacement pads...heck of a lot cheaper!  Basically you are throwing those out anyways...so it makes sense...with the money I save I can give LO an allowance!  Well, I already do, but not a whole lot...but then I can put a little more into her savings account I have made for her.

I wonder about that too..

Why spend more money if you don't have to?

My husband and I are only working class people.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Really? I'll bet those people shop there too.I don't understand why it is "better" or even "cooler" to pay twice or 3x as much for a single product in other stores...things such as dish soap, brooms, wipes or even swiffer style replacement pads...heck of a lot cheaper!  Basically you are throwing those out anyways...so it makes sense...with the money I save I can give LO an allowance!  Well, I already do, but not a whole lot...but then I can put a little more into her savings account I have made for her.

Yes, they do.  They just say they don't.

Chickenfeets

The Dolor Rama stores follow the same food rules like the food stores?

I did nt know that.

Anonymous

Yes, they do.  They just say they don't.

Perhaps you are right Ms. Berry Sweet..

I like saving money and I believe I am not the only one.

Annie

Just have to watch for anything old and expired. There was one store in Coquitlam that used to sell old expired candy and chocolate bars, they are now closed down. Ya, you can get some really good deals there. Who doesn't like to save money? I know I do! Who cares where ya shop, you have a kid to look after and bills and rent, so go for it! I do! :-D
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Vancouver

I like the dollar store. You can find so many things.
Time is malleable

Annie

You find stuff that you can't find anywhere else. Last month when it was soo friggin hot, I wanted those mini hand held foldable cheapy paper fans for the car and my purse and the dollar store was the only place I found them.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I like the dollar store. You can find so many things.

I am glad to see there are more people besides myself who admit shopping there.

Wulf

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I like the dollar store. You can find so many things.

I am glad to see there are more people besides myself who admit shopping there.

Everybody shops at the dollar store at one time or another, even if it is just out of curiosity.