The best topic

Replies: 8373
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 29, 2024, 10:59:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

Really nice weather right now

Started by Berry Sweet, June 22, 2019, 03:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"It is TWO degrees here!!!

Where's your compassion?

We had 100% humidity yesterday... it rained all day and it was lovely and warm too.

Rain is coming your way... 2 days tops
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Not according to the Bureau...no rain forecast for the next week.

@realAzhyaAryola

I was dining out here on Granville Island earlier this month.

https://postmediavancouversun2.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/12.jpg?w=840&h=630&crop=1&quality=80&strip=all">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Sitting outside at 12:22am and its 18'c.  Its a nice warmth with just the perfect cool breeze.

Sounds lovely. You are up at 12:22 a.m.?

People, you should always have 8 hours of sleep.  ac_biggrin
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Vancouver

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I was dining out here on Granville Island earlier this month.

https://postmediavancouversun2.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/12.jpg?w=840&h=630&crop=1&quality=80&strip=all">

I used to go there a lot. It's all pay parking now.
Time is malleable

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I was dining out here on Granville Island earlier this month.

I had chicken quesadilla. It was so good.

Hey, do you know anything about the show Yellowstone in the Paramount Channel? Is it not showing in Canada?
@realAzhyaAryola

Vancouver

Quote from: "Velvet"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Sitting outside at 12:22am and its 18'c.  Its a nice warmth with just the perfect cool breeze.

Enjoy it. Sky will be covered in smoke late next month.

How do you know?

It'll be bad as summer 2017.

">

It is likely to be another hot, smoke-filled summer in B.C. this year, and residents should consider taking precautions such as staying indoors on hazy days, experts are warning.

B.C. Wildfire Service information shows the province has seen increased drought and higher-than-average temperatures in 2019, and that trend is expected to continue.

"Obviously, we expect increased wildfire and smoke risk, and that includes in the southwest, where (Metro Vancouver is). And increased temperatures are likely to drive higher ozone formation, and so we expect there may be more potential for that this summer as well," Metro Vancouver air-quality engineer Francis Ries said Tuesday.

Ozone, a pollutant that when mixed with fine particulate matter creates smog, often irritates the eyes, nose and throat, and over time can cause permanent lung damage.

Ries said more studies, including ones that focus on B.C., are making a strong link between climate change and the exacerbation of wildfire seasons.

"As we continue to see further warming, we expect that the patterns we are seeing now are likely to continue or perhaps even get more extreme," he said.

The summers of 2017 and 2018 were the worst on record for smoky skies across B.C.

In Metro Vancouver, there were 22 days last July and August that were under air-quality advisories, three more than in the summer of 2017.

The last two summers have far exceeded the number of advisories issued in any other year since 1996, the first year for which data is available. Several years, including 2016, had zero air-quality advisories.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/vancouversun.com/health/local-health/will-this-be-another-summer-of-wildfire-smoke-and-poor-air-quality/amp">https://www.google.com/amp/s/vancouvers ... uality/amp">https://www.google.com/amp/s/vancouversun.com/health/local-health/will-this-be-another-summer-of-wildfire-smoke-and-poor-air-quality/amp
Time is malleable

Bricktop

If that's Canada, why aren't people wearing parkas and beanies?

Frood

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

I had chicken quesadilla. It was so good.

Hey, do you know anything about the show Yellowstone in the Paramount Channel? Is it not showing in Canada?

That show is awesome.
Blahhhhhh...

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

Sounds lovely. You are up at 12:22 a.m.?

People, you should always have 8 hours of sleep.  ac_biggrin

Yes.  The world is not just 9-5. I have sleep issues.  Im lucky in many ways tho.

cc

As to smoke bad here last 3 years, springs and early summers have been the coolest I have every known. This year the same.It's almost July and it's still cool here.

So don't bullshit with bandwagon "warming"

As for fires, they are not from man except from his efforts to stop fires / fuck with nature's natural processes.

Seems many choose to ignore the facts, but the cause of recent horrendous / dramatic infernos is  previous fire fighting .. where a natural process becomes greatly enhanced by man .. and then the obvious result of man's tinkering with nature  dishonestly gets used /   perverted into  support for a cause

For 1000s of years forests have always "cycled" naturally .. different lifespan for each tree type   and underbrush becomes tinder from full size / max size trees shading it .. For 1000s of years trees and underbrush burned to the ground to start a new cycle .. natures way .. - burned naturally and more slowly in their due time (usually started by lightning, another of nature's ways) at a controlled rate of speed at a point in their growth as trees get old and die and dry

Now we stifle nature's natural cycles by putting fires out  ... and the "saved" dead trees and underbrush remain longer than nature intended .. making them become even more burnable ... more ready to virtually "explode" in fire rather than burn slower as they did for centuries .. simply because they were not allowed to burn in their "natural" time"

We try to stop nature's natural cycle ... I get that .. but know that doing so makes fire increase in scope, size  and power .. and then certain people try to use that as an argument to support their  pet cause

Of course one puts them out to save man's property .. but in doing let's at least be honest and admit that each time we put one out we make the next fires more powerful ... but no, we refuse to admit that putting them out becomes the real cause of future increasingly  "extremely hot and large" fires

Fuck with nature and its natural processes, expect to get burned.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Gaon

Since I got my credential recognized in Canada, I have been working every Saturday. I haven't been able to enjoy the good weather.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

We are supposed to have a lot of rain this week.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Gaon"Since I got my credential recognized in Canada, I have been working every Saturday. I haven't been able to enjoy the good weather.

Aren't you an air conditioning technician?