The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

New Zealand un-bites the bullet.

Started by Bricktop, July 13, 2019, 10:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Odinson"All of them are driving on the wrong side of the road.

It took some getting used to when we were in Japan.

I've driven on the left side of the road everywhere from Botsawana to Bangladesh. I am okay with the steering column on either side.

It's not the left side of the road that I would make me nervous about driving in those two countries.

Anonymous

Driving in Korea took some getting used and they drive on the right.

Bricktop

Driving in Italy made me realise why so many Italians are fine racing drivers. It's how they drive ALL the time.

Odinson

Quote from: "Bricktop"No, we drive on the left side, which is the right side.

That is some leftist bullshit..

Right is right..

ac_biggrin

I was just joking... I know everything is the other way around in the land down under.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Driving in Italy made me realise why so many Italians are fine racing drivers. It's how they drive ALL the time.

They put a lot of weight on the accelerator?

Bricktop

Oh, yes indeedy.

And they seem completely bemused by the pedal to it's immediate left.

And there are speed warning signs on the Autostrada...reminding drivers if they drop BELOW 100km/h they will be fined.

Which is somewhat bothersome when Avis could not provide you with the vehicle you booked, and give you a Fiat Uno instead, which, with its asthmatic and lawnmower sized engine struggles to achieve 110km/h top speed.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Oh, yes indeedy.

And there are speed warning signs on the Autostrada...reminding drivers if they drop BELOW 100km/h they will be fined.

Which is somewhat bothersome when Avis could not provide you with the vehicle you booked, and give you a Fiat Uno instead, which, with its asthmatic and lawnmower sized engine struggles to achieve 110km/h top speed.

:ohmy:

Bricktop

It's around 100km between Rome and Naples...my foot was hard on the floorboards the whole way. 105 - 110km/h was the best I could do.

Meanwhile, big Mercs, Alfas, Ferraris and Beemers are blasting past at 200km/h plus.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"It's around 100km between Rome and Naples...my foot was hard on the floorboards the whole way. 105 - 110km/h was the best I could do.

Meanwhile, big Mercs, Alfas, Ferraris and Beemers are blasting past at 200km/h plus.

Driving in Italy is a frickin blast.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"Oh, yes indeedy.

I have been to West Europe. But, we took the train.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Bricktop"It's around 100km between Rome and Naples...my foot was hard on the floorboards the whole way. 105 - 110km/h was the best I could do.

Driving in Italy is a frickin blast.

It's different to what I am used to, that's for sure.

Anonymous

Once we are out of Canada, I don't want to drive ever again.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Once we are out of Canada, I don't want to drive ever again.

We always drive in Taiwan or the Netherlands.