The best topic

Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Welcome ArabPrinCess

Started by Anonymous, July 30, 2019, 09:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Moonpie

Quote from: "Thiel"Welcome Arab Princes. It's a chillax little group here.

I've met Lebanese Christians, but not Palestinian Christians. I have read they face terrible discrimination. Are you still in the Middle East?

I was born here in Florida.  I'm 1st generation.  However, we visit, and have family there.  The discrimination was a bit rough but now much better.  There is actually a few of us around that are from Ramallah, Palestine that are Christian.  We have conventions every year in different cities around the US and sometimes in the homeland.  Ramallah was one of the Christian cities back in the day.  Sadly, not anymore.
Moonpies for your soul..

Anonymous

Quote from: "ArabPrinCess"
Quote from: "Thiel"Welcome Arab Princes. It's a chillax little group here.

I've met Lebanese Christians, but not Palestinian Christians. I have read they face terrible discrimination. Are you still in the Middle East?

I was born here in Florida.  I'm 1st generation.  However, we visit, and have family there.  The discrimination was a bit rough but now much better.  There is actually a few of us around that are from Ramallah, Palestine that are Christian.  We have conventions every year in different cities around the US and sometimes in the homeland.  Ramallah was one of the Christian cities back in the day.  Sadly, not anymore.

I read that Christians are persecuted or at the keast face rampant discrimination in the PA?

Anonymous

APC, I've been to Israel. I had a ball. Few places so small have so many things to do.

Odinson

I'm interested in the history of that place..

Jerusalem, Acre, Jaffa.. The old crusader forts.

And of course the beaches of Tel Aviv.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"I'm interested in the history of that place..

Jerusalem, Acre, Jaffa.. The old crusader forts.

And of course the beaches of Tel Aviv.

I want to go there some day.

Moonpie

So true about Arab Christians and persecution...they were one of the hardest targets especially in the West Bank...it's sad really.  I listened to a Palestinian evangelical Christian who has a church in Bethlehem, he was shot many times.  His church was set on fire before.  

I love the history though with the religions.  When I went it was Jewish new year Halloween type.  Everyone dressed in costumes.  It was so cool.  It has to do with Ruth in the Bible.  Her strength.  It made me focus a lot on the Old Testament.  The Bible comes to life and brings you to tears.
Moonpies for your soul..

cc

You bring an interesting perspective. We encounter few with connections to Christianity in the arab world
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"You bring an interesting perspective. We encounter few with connections to Christianity in the arab world

That is true and I lived in the Middle East for a long time.

Anonymous

Welcome to our Shoo Princess. I'm a grandma and probably the oldest female poster here. I'm happy though. I'll be retired in less than one year. ac_dance

Moonpie

Thank you for the warm welcome. Congratulations on being a grandma and retirement.  I would be stoked!
Moonpies for your soul..

Anonymous

I plan on retiring early. I have a lot of plans for my retirement.

https://images.pexels.com/photos/33478/golf-sunset-sport-golfer.png?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&dpr=1&w=500">

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"I plan on retiring early. I have a lot of plans for my retirement.

https://images.pexels.com/photos/33478/golf-sunset-sport-golfer.png?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&dpr=1&w=500">

:laugh:

Moonpie

Quote from: "seoulbro"I plan on retiring early. I have a lot of plans for my retirement.

I as well.  I pray the world is a bit more peaceful by then.  It was a sad weekend for Americans.
Moonpies for your soul..

Anonymous

I as well.  I pray the world is a bit more peaceful by then.  It was a sad weekend for Americans.

Senseless tragedies.

Anonymous

And of course politicians are exploiting both mass shootings. I can't stand Beto O'Rourke.