News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8492
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:06:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

is Rule 4 too restrictive for a flaming sub?

Started by Anonymous, August 09, 2019, 06:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonesaw2

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "seoulbro"This sub has really changed this forum.

It has, but that is a positive thing..

Over the last few months I've started to understand flamers..

It's all entertainment......these insults are not personal..

I've chatted with some flamers privately, and they are very different people when they are not flaming..

I am never going to be a flamer, but they enjoy it and who am I to judge.

I am not convinced the barrage of insults is not personal. And frankly, I wonder about the mental state of some of these flamers. But, it is contained to this sub, so it does not disrupt discussions on the rest of the board. Carry on.

Oh, you'd be right on the money that flamers have ... issues.  Most of the ones I've met anyway.  I'm certainly not the picture of mental health.  As for taking the insults personally, there have only been a few occasions where forum flaming entered real life (workplaces called, pizza delivered, etc.).  

You know, on second thought, considering how few times things like this have happened in the past 20 years, maybe we're not as mental as all that.

Still pretty bad though.  What kind of a person does this shit for fun?

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Rotwang"A good observation.

May I ask, do people think for the better? Or to its detriment?

I can see that Fash appreciates the traffic to her forum. I'd like to say that some have been fine although I still don't know them well enough to say more. The rest is...well...words escape me.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "seoulbro"
I am not convinced the barrage of insults is not personal. And frankly, I wonder about the mental state of some of these flamers. But, it is contained to this sub, so it does not disrupt discussions on the rest of the board. Carry on.

I agree.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Gaon"Fash, I took a look at some recent posts in this sub. Do you consider the racist abuse by Lynn.F at you entertainment?

Very good question.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "BEnzo"Of course the insults are personal. Some of these people, and I use the term loosely, believe me, dont have the best interests of this board at heart. Most have no heart. I'm not joking when I call Fat Danny a fat no good fuck. He is. Freud is a useless piece of shit who stalked a poster here for the better part of 20 years with the help of another poster who's even worse and is too afraid to make himself known. Why? Because he's a felon. I can go on and on about 'us'.

Be careful what you do. I wouldn't change a thing. 'We' are destructive by nature. Just wait until FT starts a DOS attack. This isn't a game. Be wary-

What are we doing wrong?

I give everyone a chance that registers here and I try to accommodate reasonable requests.

And I've had the opportunity to chat with a few flamers and if they had a problem with me personally or us in general, they hid it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "Rotwang"A good observation.

May I ask, do people think for the better? Or to its detriment?

I can see that Fash appreciates the traffic to her forum. I'd like to say that some have been fine although I still don't know them well enough to say more. The rest is...well...words escape me.

Precisely.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "seoulbro"Precisely.

I am not going to shirk from the desire to lambaste a poster who I believe deserves it but that is rare for me because there is much in my real life that requires my full attention, and why engage in paltry? What I have witnessed is overdone paltry.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "BEnzo"Of course the insults are personal. Some of these people, and I use the term loosely, believe me, dont have the best interests of this board at heart. Most have no heart. I'm not joking when I call Fat Danny a fat no good fuck. He is. Freud is a useless piece of shit who stalked a poster here for the better part of 20 years with the help of another poster who's even worse and is too afraid to make himself known. Why? Because he's a felon. I can go on and on about 'us'.

Be careful what you do. I wouldn't change a thing. 'We' are destructive by nature. Just wait until FT starts a DOS attack. This isn't a game. Be wary-

What are we doing wrong?

I give everyone a chance that registers here and I try to accommodate reasonable requests.

And I've had the opportunity to chat with a few flamers and if they had a problem with me personally or us in general, they hid it.

The regulars here like your good nature. No, we love it. But, some nefarious predators lurking on these boards see you as an easy meal.

Odinson

These people are fueled by benzos and all kinds of other drugs meant to medicate mental illness..

They can go on and on about the same bullshit for decades..

Normal people run out of steam.

Bonesaw2

I said Fashionista was useless in a flaming context, as in she would not be able to insult anyone, creatively or otherwise.

Obviously she's not useless as a human being.  In fact, she seems too nice for the internet.

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"These people are fueled by benzos and all kinds of other drugs meant to medicate mental illness..

They can go on and on about the same bullshit for decades..

Normal people run out of steam.

I know eh. They must be heavily medicated.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bonesaw"I said Fashionista was useless in a flaming context, as in she would not be able to insult anyone, creatively or otherwise.

Obviously she's not useless as a human being.  In fact, she seems too nice for the internet.

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

On the forums?

I enjoy chatting and online socializing....some political talk too..

If you mean a flaming sub, I could stay off of it if you like..

Sometimes there's a discussion here that interests me.

Bonesaw2

Quote from: "Bonesaw"I said Fashionista was useless in a flaming context, as in she would not be able to insult anyone, creatively or otherwise.

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

On the forums?

Huh?  What?  No, no.  I think flaming is fun because everyone can enjoy it as either a participant or a spectator.  It's not as grandiose as something like MMA or professional wrestling, but you still get to see colorful characters (probably in spandex, truth be told) beating the snot out of one another.  And besides, you kind of run the site...

Don't listen to BEnzo.  He apparently thinks everyone who flames or trolls is a psychopath who'd be willing to slash their mother's tires for a bitcoin.  He also admitted to enjoying being peed on, so he's not one to question others' behavior.

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "Gaon"Fash, I took a look at some recent posts in this sub. Do you consider the racist abuse by Lynn.F at you entertainment?

Very good question.

No, I do not.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bonesaw"

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

On the forums?

Huh?  What?  No, no.  I think flaming is fun because everyone can enjoy it as either a participant or a spectator.  It's not as grandiose as something like MMA or professional wrestling, but you still get to see colorful characters (probably in spandex, truth be told) beating the snot out of one another.  And besides, you kind of run the site...

Don't listen to BEnzo.  He apparently thinks everyone who flames or trolls is a psychopath who'd be willing to slash their mother's tires for a bitcoin.  He also admitted to enjoying being peed on, so he's not one to question others' behavior.

I see, that's a relief.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview