The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

why I think members here are not participating in flaming

Started by Anonymous, August 10, 2019, 09:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

As others have pointed out, the original members here are not participating in flaming..

in my opinion only, the content is the problem..

They neither know about nor care about personal battles from years ago on other forums..

If new material was introduced they may show some interest and post in those threads.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"As others have pointed out, the original members here are not participating in flaming..

They neither know about nor care about personal battles from years ago on other forums..

If new material was introduced they may show some interest and post in those threads.

Of course we have no interest in their decade or more old personal battles. It's nauseating.

Bricktop

Much of their ruckus has nothing to do with flaming...as I think we demonstrated during the imitation flame match.

This is the main problem. They've just shifted their animosity from one forum to another...a common occurrence.

No-one here would have the slightest interest in throwing themselves into a dogfight that has no relevance to them, let alone interest.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

No-one here would have the slightest interest in throwing themselves into a dogfight that has no relevance to them, let alone interest.

Just because they call their personal disputes "flaming" it does not change the fact that it's their feud not mine or yours. I would rather watch an hour long speech by Trudeau than get involved with their battles.

Bricktop

It's not flaming. It's fighting, with words. Flaming has no animosity. That's why these modern day flamers get so angry and aggressive. They haven't the language skills to flame.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"As others have pointed out, the original members here are not participating in flaming..

This is a problem for "flamers" everywhere, and not just on this forum.  Those "flamers" who still consider themselves "in the game" are pretty much all stuck in 2009, and nobody else cares.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"

This is a problem for "flamers" everywhere, and not just on this forum.  Those "flamers" who still consider themselves "in the game" are pretty much all stuck in 2009, and nobody else cares.

And they seem to be in denial about that.

sasquatch

Quote from: "Bricktop"Much of their ruckus has nothing to do with flaming...as I think we demonstrated during the imitation flame match.

This is the main problem. They've just shifted their animosity from one forum to another...a common occurrence.

True. I would rather just have a fun little scrap here and there and would prefer to leave ancient history behind, and deal with the off-site drama elsewhere. Most of that I think was to try to get me banned from here due to me being here obviously upset a certain somebody.

If anything, the rules here gave me a creative inspiration on how to deal with 90% of that effectively, so it won't be a problem ever again.

Anonymous

Ya, it's frickin confusing, and it has no relevance to me. Some of the flamers could provide some entertainment if they could let go of the past.

Anonymous

The tag team flame match was entertaining. Everything since, not so much.

@realAzhyaAryola

Simply, it's because we are not a flaming forum. We are more of a group of reflective folks that discuss current events and other issues. Leave the sub for flaming. Let the flamers fight. They may continue or the sub could simply die a slow death. They have started but I am one not inclined to read the mind-numbingly long-winded novels of issues that are alien to me by partakers I do not even know.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Simply, it's because we are not a flaming forum. We are more of a group of reflective folks that discuss current events and other issues. Leave the sub for flaming. Let the flamers fight. They may continue or the sub could simply die a slow death. They have started but I am one not inclined to read the mind-numbingly long-winded novels of issues that are alien to me by partakers I do not even know.

That seems to be the consensus Azhya.

Gaon

It is difficult to follow some of the threads and posts in this section. Perhaps it's my poor English. Perhaps it's because I don't know any of these people. Most likely is that it's a combination of both.
The Russian Rock It

Rotwang

That is because many threads and posts are raking up old feuds and distant animosities that have no relevance to this forum. Some people, banned from forums where these disputes arise, are taking advantage of finding their foes on what is supposedly neutral territory to continue their bickering.

I do not believe our core and loyal members are not in favour of this conduct, as it serves this forum no benefit at all.

All posters are welcome to contribute...and if they wish to indulge in flaming (not fighting) they are free to go nuts.

I do not believe this forum should be a proxy battleground for decades old rivalries.

Gaon

Quote from: "Rotwang"That is because many threads and posts are raking up old feuds and distant animosities that have no relevance to this forum. Some people, banned from forums where these disputes arise, are taking advantage of finding their foes on what is supposedly neutral territory to continue their bickering.

I do not believe our core and loyal members are not in favour of this conduct, as it serves this forum no benefit at all.

All posters are welcome to contribute...and if they wish to indulge in flaming (not fighting) they are free to go nuts.

I do not believe this forum should be a proxy battleground for decades old rivalries.

Thanks Rotwang. I thought the problem was my weak English. :laugh3:
The Russian Rock It

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview