Replies: 8534
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:21:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

why I think members here are not participating in flaming

Started by Anonymous, August 10, 2019, 09:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"Compensates for the empty tip jar.

Lots of cheapskates like you.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"Compensates for the empty tip jar.

I would leave a generous tip if I was a customer in KM's restaurant.

Blurt

Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"Nah, no cheapskate here.

I'm a very giving individual.  :laugh:

You probably are very giving. As long as someone else is paying the bill.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Blurt"Nah, no cheapskate here.

I'm a very giving individual.  :laugh:

You probably are very giving. As long as someone else is paying the bill.

Most people are very generous when they are not paying.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Just your typical "flamer" behaviour.

They see a new forum and flood in, looking for fresh meat.

When they realise that the core members are yawning at their antics, the move along.

Shame, really. But totally foreseen by your humble correspondent.

Those podcasts are money. I wonder why he isn't making any.

He's not posting much at SG lately.

The brother has some drama in his online life.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Fashionista"As others have pointed out, the original members here are not participating in flaming..

in my opinion only, the content is the problem..

They neither know about nor care about personal battles from years ago on other forums..

If new material was introduced they may show some interest and post in those threads.

Of course we have no interest in their decade or more old personal battles. It's nauseating.

This is one of the main reasons I opened my forum... well, that and I was escaping non~TOS violation persecution on SG  *rolls eyes*

My forum was intended to be a chill hangout where we could solicit new membership devoid of the decades old forum psychodrama that was making new traffic an impossibility on flame sites.  I had an entire group of girls interested in joining what was supposed to be a social forum and then Mar~Teeny~Weenie happened.  Talk about forum death *sighs*

I analyzed what was going on at other forums and decided to get back to a social setting with my forum with the plan that we would gradually build into friendly debates which would naturally progress into arguments.... and then eventually introduce the more evolved posters to the flame site.  

But I don't think you can take an existing community of posters and transform everyone into flamers.  I don't even consider myself a flamer and yet I'm ranked amongst them.  They are an odd group.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Murdock"
Quote from: "Fashionista"As others have pointed out, the original members here are not participating in flaming..

They neither know about nor care about personal battles from years ago on other forums..

If new material was introduced they may show some interest and post in those threads.

Of course we have no interest in their decade or more old personal battles. It's nauseating.

This is one of the main reasons I opened my forum... well, that and I was escaping non~TOS violation persecution on SG  *rolls eyes*

My forum was intended to be a chill hangout where we could solicit new membership devoid of the decades old forum psychodrama that was making new traffic an impossibility on flame sites.  I had an entire group of girls interested in joining what was supposed to be a social forum and then Mar~Teeny~Weenie happened.  Talk about forum death *sighs*

I analyzed what was going on at other forums and decided to get back to a social setting with my forum with the plan that we would gradually build into friendly debates which would naturally progress into arguments.... and then eventually introduce the more evolved posters to the flame site.  

But I don't think you can take an existing community of posters and transform everyone into flamers.  I don't even consider myself a flamer and yet I'm ranked amongst them.  They are an odd group.

Past forum baggage is hard to get away from.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Murdock"

Past forum baggage is hard to get away from.

People who can't let go of the past are broken beyond repair.  It's been an eye opening experience for me as a new forum owner.  

I applaud your efforts.  This place has a lovely vibe despite the flame riffraff.

Anonymous

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"We've had people here too who won't let go of the past.

Mealy mouthed Mel was the worst. What a pathetic crybaby.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Fashionista"We've had people here too who won't let go of the past.

Mealy mouthed Mel was the worst. What a pathetic crybaby.

Mel who?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview