Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

A

DOJ: 64% of Federal Arrests in 2018 Were of Non-U.S. Citizens

Started by Anonymous, August 23, 2019, 10:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

This debunks the myth that border jumpers are hardworking, law abiding people. They have no respect fot the United States or the citizens of that country.

QuoteApproximately 64 percent of the arrests that the federal government made in fiscal 2018 were of non-U.S. citizens, according to a report released today by the Justice Department's Bureau of Justice Statistics.

That represents a dramatic change from just two decades ago, when approximately 63 percent of federal arrests were of citizens and only approximately 37 percent were of non-citizens.

The five crime types for which non-U.S. citizens were most likely to be prosecuted in U.S. district court in 2018 were illegal reentry (72 percent of prosecutions), drugs (13 percent of prosecutions), fraud (4.5 percent), alien smuggling (4 percent), and misuse of visas (2 percent)."

"Non-U.S. citizens, who make up 7 percent of the U.S. population (per the U.S. Census Bureau for 2017), accounted for 15 percent of prosecutions in U.S. district court for non-immigration crimes in 2018," said the report.

"In 2018," it said, "non-U.S. citizens accounted for 24 percent of all federal drug arrests and 25 percent of all federal property arrests, including 28 percent of all federal fraud arrests," said the report.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/doj-64-federal-arrests-2018-were-non-us-citizens">https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/te ... s-citizens">https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/doj-64-federal-arrests-2018-were-non-us-citizens

Anonymous

https://www.cnsnews.com/s3/files/styles/content_100p/s3/tab4.jpg?itok=Zud0oQiS">

Anonymous

https://www.cnsnews.com/s3/files/styles/content_100p/s3/tab7a.jpg?itok=xd61rwTC">

Anonymous

The bulk of arrests are for immigration offenses. The Trump administration has been cracking down on illegal immigration, so obviously federal arrests of non citizens is way up.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"The bulk of arrests are for immigration offenses. The Trump administration has been cracking down on illegal immigration, so obviously federal arrests of non citizens is way up.

That's what the charts indicate.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "seoulbro"The bulk of arrests are for immigration offenses. The Trump administration has been cracking down on illegal immigration, so obviously federal arrests of non citizens is way up.

That's what the charts indicate.

They also show that non citizens are over represented in property, fraud, and drug arrests.

Gaon

Refugees and illegal aliens are over represented in crime stats in Israel too.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

One significant purpose of such "crackdowns" is to normalize the sight of jack booted thugs traipsing around arresting people without due process of law.  Ordinary citizens are not so alarmed by the growing militarization of domestic policing since the targets are "not like us."

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"One significant purpose of such "crackdowns" is to normalize the sight of jack booted thugs traipsing around arresting people without due process of law.  Ordinary citizens are not so alarmed by the growing militarization of domestic policing since the targets are "not like us."

Of course Peaches blames the victims. How dare the states enforce their own laws and protect it's citizens.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Peaches"One significant purpose of such "crackdowns" is to normalize the sight of jack booted thugs traipsing around arresting people without due process of law.  Ordinary citizens are not so alarmed by the growing militarization of domestic policing since the targets are "not like us."

Of course Peaches blames the victims. How dare the states enforce their own laws and protect it's citizens.

I thought we were talking about Federal arrests.

cc

Yes, it is federal - which does not change the fact that  your country is broken

as is ours and most of the West of course
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"

I am pretty sure old Jock meant the USA. He routinely calls the US, the states. Not uncommon in Canada.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

I am pretty sure old Jock meant the USA. He routinely calls the US, the states. Not uncommon in Canada.

Thanks Herman.  So I'll answer his question.

There is no doubting the USA should enforce its laws.  There are two matters of style involved.

First is, the USA at all levels is fond of passing laws that make the legislators look good "back home" to their constituents but which in fact will be difficult to enforce and will be nullified by the first or second court to look at an actual case.  LEOs don't really like to waste time with such laws.

My second point is, if something is illegal the police should come and arrest you and the government should try you.  The manner of the arrest is my concern.  If you have unpaid parking tickets, the government can put a Denver boot on your car when they see it and basically impound it until you go in and pay all your tickets.  If you jaywalk, the cops can arrest you on the spot and take you in and book you, although a ticket and notice to appear is more appropriate.  

In either of those cases, if the government chooses to send a militarized SWAT team to your home or place of work to arrest you, it amounts to a sort of grandstanding or showboating whose real intent is to terrorize your neighbors, co-workers or children.

If the government suits up with armored vehicles, body armor, assault weapons and goes on a warrantless sweep of a factory or neighborhood to arrest undocumented aliens, or arrests them anyway when they produce documentation, that too is a terror operation.

Thus my comment about jack-booted thugs.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

Seems to be common among older Canadians..

Not that I'm saying IHJ is older.

Anonymous

Peaches, i never asked a question. I made a statement. Nothing you posted even comes close to refuting it.