Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

A

confused cockatoo clucks like a chicken

Started by Anonymous, September 28, 2019, 03:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Odinson

You only assume he is a cockatoo because thats what the doctor assigned him to be..

He identifies as a chicken.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"You only assume he is a cockatoo because thats what the doctor assigned him to be.. He identifies as a chicken.

Cockatoos taste like chicken.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"It's a corella.

How many would you like?

As many as can fit in my living room.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"It's a corella.

How many would you like?

It looks like a pink cockatoo.

Bricktop

Cockatoos have a yellow, or "sulphur" crest. Corellas have orange-pink crests. Both are parrots. They are very similar in size and appearance, however, and from a distance are indistinguishable. Most people just call them the generic term of "cockatoo", but they are different strains of the same family.

Corellas tend to flock more, and en mass make a hellacious racket. Cockatoos form smaller flocks.

Both voraciously steal the almonds from the grove behind our house, leaving none for me.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Cockatoos have a yellow, or "sulphur" crest. Corellas have orange-pink crests. Both are parrots. They are very similar in size and appearance, however, and from a distance are indistinguishable. Most people just call them the generic term of "cockatoo", but they are different strains of the same family.

Corellas tend to flock more, and en mass make a hellacious racket. Cockatoos form smaller flocks.

Both voraciously steal the almonds from the grove behind our house, leaving none for me.

I remember caskur posted pictures of black cockatoos.

Bricktop

Yes. Very similar in size and shape...just different plumage.

Anonymous

There was a white cockatoo at an independent pet shop in Winnipeg when I was a kid that was the owner's pet and not for sale. I never saw any bird that could mimic speech as good as it could.

Anonymous

caskur

We met one that sounded like a car starting up. It's aviary was between the carpark and the tea rooms.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"We met one that sounded like a car starting up. It's aviary was between the carpark and the tea rooms.

That would be funny.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "caskur"We met one that sounded like a car starting up. It's aviary was between the carpark and the tea rooms.

That would be funny.

It was really really funny and it was my husband who picked up on it. I was too busy scanning the menu.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol