Replies: 8492
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:06:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

So, Old Herman is an EARTH RAPER.

Started by Anonymous, September 29, 2019, 01:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "caskur"So what trees turn those Autumn colours?... obviously maple... And what else?
My farm is on the bald ass prairie. What's a tree? Do you want sit on old Herman's knee and drink some barrel wash?
If you were my husband... I'd make you plant 10,000 trees. Aren't you lucky we're not married.

Than I couldn't grow [size=200]canola[/size] and have gazing land for my [size=200]cattle[/size].

Let's call that "canola" what it is....[size=150]RAPESEED[/size].

Before Big Ag realized it was easy to grow and could be incorporated into industrial kitchens with only a modicum of Soft Selling, it was a junk crop and often just a weed, whose only utility to humans used to lie in the extraction of rape oil for a lubricant for farm equipment and other types of machinery.  And now, in only a generation's time, it's a commercially successful "food" crop, foisted off on millions of dumb asses under a new name.

I don't think this was what Bucky Fuller had in mind when he first suggested, 2 or 3 generations ago, that the earth could produce enough food to sustain the population it now has.  

And also, over those two or three generations, it's come to be common knowledge that eating lots of  beef is a luxury that is no longer sustainable due to the high level of resources that are needed to produce it.  

BUT, nonetheless Old Herman calls himself a "FARMER."

It's easy to see why he likes to hang out on this forum, as loaded as it is with people in the petroleum extraction and transmission business and its ancillary businesses.  

Dinosaurs for the most part, if you ask me.

Anonymous

Canada's canola industry adds $13.8 billion in

economic activity to the Canadian economy.

More than 52,000 Canadian farmers grow

canola, largely as full-time farmers and in family

farm businesses. They depend on canola to

generate between one third and one half of their

revenues. Domestically, canola generates

economic activity of $1.3 billion in Ontario and

Quebec (primarily in the processing sector), and

$12.2 billion in western Canada. Seventy-five

percent (75%) of Canadian canola is exported

throughout the world, bringing back more than

$2.8 million to the country's economy.

In 2008-2009, Canada exported 15,500,000

tonnes of canola oil, 1,696,000 tonnes of canola

meal and 8,999,000 tonnes of seed. In 2009,

canola was Canada's most valuable cash crop.

Canada is responsible for 75% of canola oil for

global trade.

Canola's largest customer is the United States

which imports 67% of Canada's canola oil

(valued at $345 million per year) and 95% of its

meal (roughly worth $85 million). Our principle

seed buyers are Japan and Mexico. China is

emerging as a major seed buyer. Japan, Canada's

best canola seed customer, bought an average of

1.7 million tonnes of canola seed a year since

2000/01 valued at $580 million.

Canadian farmers use almost 40% of the

domestically produced canola meal to feed

poultry, dairy cows, cattle, horses and sheep. It

is also used in aquaculture as feed for salmon,

trout, and shrimp. Specialty markets include

feed for rabbits, gerbils, mink, ostriches, and

finches.

Canada expects to boost its canola production by

another 15% by 2015.

Anonymous

In just a few decades, canola has become one of the world's most important oilseed crops and the most profitable commodity for Canadian farmers.

The plant belongs to the Brassica genus, the botanical family that includes cauliflower and cabbages.

The name canola is a contraction of Canada and ola, meaning oil. To earn the name canola, products must meet an internationally regulated standard.

One of the world's healthiest vegetable oils is extracted from the seeds of the canola plant. The seeds are 44% oil - more than double the oil content of soybeans. In addition to its heart-healthy properties, canola oil is renowned for its fine culinary qualities.

High-protein meal is produced from the other 56% of the canola seed. Canola meal is an excellent animal feed for cattle, poultry, swine and fish. When fed to dairy cows, it can increase milk production by one litre per day. Researchers have also developed a protein isolate that could one day be used for human nutrition.

Biofuel feedstock is one of the newer uses for canola. It's the feedstock of choice for Canadian-produced biodiesel because of its exceptional cold weather performance. Compared to fossil diesel, canola biodiesel reduces lifecycle greenhouse gas emissions by 90%.

Canola is the world's only "Made in Canada" crop. It was developed by researchers from Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada and the University of Manitoba in the 1970s, using traditional plant breeding techniques.

Today innovation continues to drive the industry. Researchers are exploring new uses for the plant and pushing the boundaries of where canola can be grown. Advances in seed are improving yields, hardiness and profitability while elevating oil and meal to even higher levels of quality.

https://www.canolacouncil.org/oil-and-meal/what-is-canola/">https://www.canolacouncil.org/oil-and-m ... is-canola/">https://www.canolacouncil.org/oil-and-meal/what-is-canola/

A success story that the world benefits from.

cc

Ya, I didn't get peaches post / thread.

He's acting like canola is a bed thing which is very deceptive  .. prolly due to lack of knowledge on the subject

till seoul came along
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Ya, I didn't get peaches post / thread.

He's acting like canola is a bed thing which is very deceptive  .. prolly due to lack of knowledge on the subject

till seoul came along

I cook with canola oil just like millions of people around the world.

caskur

Canola is frowned upon by many in my state. It's a cash crop without nutritional value according to some.

But Asians here love to run into the middle of a crop to take selfies causing plenty of financial losses for the farmer.... So one guy in our wheatbelt has made a crop of canola that the public can use for selfies.

The audacity of people thinking they can drive over someone's crop is just beyond my comprehension.

">
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc"Ya, I didn't get peaches post / thread.

till seoul came along

I cook with canola oil just like millions of people around the world.

I only use cold pressed (extra virgin olive oil) at all times.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Chinese people use a lot oil for cooking..

Canola oil is low in saturated fats.

caskur

Quote from: "seoulbro"In just a few decades, canola has become one of the world's most important oilseed crops and the most profitable commodity for Canadian farmers.

The plant belongs to the Brassica genus, the botanical family that includes cauliflower and cabbages.

The name canola is a contraction of Canada and ola, meaning oil. To earn the name canola, products must meet an internationally regulated standard.

One of the world's healthiest vegetable oils is extracted from the seeds of the canola plant. The seeds are 44% oil - more than double the oil content of soybeans. In addition to its heart-healthy properties, canola oil is renowned for its fine culinary qualities.

High-protein meal is produced from the other 56% of the canola seed. Canola meal is an excellent animal feed for cattle, poultry, swine and fish. When fed to dairy cows, it can increase milk production by one litre per day. Researchers have also developed a protein isolate that could one day be used for human nutrition.

Biofuel feedstock is one of the newer uses for canola. It's the feedstock of choice for Canadian-produced biodiesel because of its exceptional cold weather performance. Compared to fossil diesel, canola biodiesel reduces lifecycle greenhouse gas emissions by 90%.

Canola is the world's only "Made in Canada" crop. It was developed by researchers from Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada and the University of Manitoba in the 1970s, using traditional plant breeding techniques.

Today innovation continues to drive the industry. Researchers are exploring new uses for the plant and pushing the boundaries of where canola can be grown. Advances in seed are improving yields, hardiness and profitability while elevating oil and meal to even higher levels of quality.

https://www.canolacouncil.org/oil-and-meal/what-is-canola/">https://www.canolacouncil.org/oil-and-m ... is-canola/">https://www.canolacouncil.org/oil-and-meal/what-is-canola/

A success story that the world benefits from.

We produce...

VVVV

Western Australia is the major canola growing state in Australia producing about 40% of the nation's 2.7 million tonnes each year. The majority of WA canola is exported – generating about $0.6 billion for the state's economy each year, with the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and Japan WA's largest export canola markets.
- Andy Warhol

cc

Canola is one of the more nutritious and heart-friendly oils

While mainly I use extra virgin olive a la proven Mediterranean diet fame, I know canola is pretty good and I am not a olive snob  :wink:

I usually fry at medium temps so olive works well for me in all applications

caskur

Canada produces

VVV

Canada's 14 crushing and refining plants (mapped below) have the capacity to crush about 10 million tonnes of canola seed, and produce about 3 million tonnes of canola oil and 4 million tonnes of canola meal annually. The main canola products are oil for human consumption and meal for livestock feed.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Canola is one of the more nutritious and heart friendly oils

While I use extra virgin olive a la Mediterranean diet fame, I know canola is pretty good and I am not a olive snob  :wink:

I use extra virgin for salads too, but for cooking I use canola oil.

cc

understood - canola takes higher temps well

Like even I do morning eggs at low temp with ev olive

caskur

Quote from: "cc"Canola is one of the more nutritious and heart friendly oils

While I use extra virgin olive a la proven Mediterranean diet fame, I know canola is pretty good and I am not a olive snob  :wink:

I usually fry at medium temps so olive works well for me hot or cold

Yeah... that is what we're told.

I do not believe much of what we're told.

Canola was genetically modified and that is why some people are suspicious of the validity of it being "healthy" ... so a debate went on.

I am definitely an olive snob. I have my own olive tree... with giant fat olives everyone wants.
- Andy Warhol

cc

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview