Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

Top 5 Weird Facts About Justin Trudeau

Started by Anonymous, October 06, 2019, 09:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I'm voting this weekend .  I've noticed this year the attack ads are extremely nasty.  I do not like Trudeau.  Scheer seems sketchy as fuck...he always has that permanent smirk on his face and I just want to slap him.

Really? Have you looked at the platforms of the parties. Only the Conservatives will lower taxes and protect our resource sector jobs. There won't be an oil and and gas job left in this country if the NDP or Greens prop up Trudeau. And then there is the ever increasing carbon taxes they will impose.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Herman"And none of them are positive.

">

I don't like to judge a person based on only a few factors, but making an big amount of money off charity evens just proves the guys has serious issues and a POS to boot.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"

">

I don't like to judge a person based on only a few factors, but making an big amount of money off charity evens just proves the guys has serious issues and a POS to boot.
It's immoral and should be illegal Zetsu.

Anonymous

">

Justine is a POS and does not deserve to govern this country. The only thing worse than another Trudeau majority is Justine being propped up by the dippers or the Greens.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I'm voting this weekend .  I've noticed this year the attack ads are extremely nasty.  I do not like Trudeau.  Scheer seems sketchy as fuck...he always has that permanent smirk on his face and I just want to slap him.

The Tories are the least damaging. Green MPS are vocal about eliminating the oil, gas and nuclear industries, with devastating consequences for jobs, economic growth, cost of living and energy independence. The NDP would exclude a political opponent, Maxime Bernier, from the leaders debates because he wants fewer immigrants.

Berry Sweet

I dont like any of their platforms.  Doesn't matter who you vote for....

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I dont like any of their platforms.  Doesn't matter who you vote for....

Bullshit. Do you want less money in your pocket? Vote NDP, Green or Liberal. You want lower taxes and balanced budgets, vote Tory or PPC.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I dont like any of their platforms.  Doesn't matter who you vote for....

Nothing could be further. While I'm not crazy about any of the party's entire platforms. this election is critical as to what direction this country takes for the next decade or so. International investors are watching this election and depending on the results they will decide if this country's resource sector is a good place to invest or not. The Liberals. Greens and NDP want them to invest in jobs in other countries.

Anonymous

Canada cannot withstand four more years of Trudeau.

By Anthony Furey of sun News Media

Canada is blessed to have a natural resources sector with a product desirable in other markets that can create well-paying jobs both in Alberta and other provinces all while raking in tax dollars for government coffers.

Yet the Liberal government not only refuses to go to bat for this sector that is more ethical than those in other countries, but they bring in legislation that will effectively shut it down. It's like the members of a household actively undermining their breadwinner.

On the foreign policy front, the world is watching the aggressive rise of China under its authoritarian leader Xi Jinping, the most ideological hardliner since Mao. This is not turning out well for Canada.

China wants to stealthily buy up our intellectual property, natural resources and corporations and land from under us all the while making us entirely submit to them on any point of disagreement. So far, they're succeeding. Foreign students and those immigrants who are loyal to Beijing are literally taking to our streets to mock our way of life and praise the Chinese Communist Party and yet most media and politicians here don't even bat an eyelash.

The above aren't just random policy files pulled out of a hat. There are other things of lesser consequences you can point to that Trudeau has bungled. The difference is that these ones represent an existential threat to the future of Canada. If we continue to get these sorts of files wrong, it means the erosion of Canada as we know it.

Part of the problem is we don't have a firm sense of who we are. Before there can be national unity there has to be national identity, something this country has long struggled with.

Two years ago we celebrated Canada 150 to great fanfare all without anyone daring to articulate a national identity beyond the tired and increasingly meaningless mantra that "diversity is our strength".

Justin Trudeau gave us the vapid "sunny ways" catchphrase but otherwise, he's been hostile to the idea of national myth-making. He and his team call anyone who talks about Canadian values mean names. And then we learn that he's the one who has been cavorting in blackface and being disrespectful to women, despite being the one to repeatedly lecture us on diversity and feminism. It's a form of psychological warfare against the people of Canada, who are at their core moderate and good-natured.

To be clear, all of these challenges would have risen to the fore regardless of who was in power. Stephen Harper, for example, was initially happy to stumble into a free trade deal with China. (Then again, so was the rest of the West.)

But there is no denying the situation has been worsened by Justin Trudeau and his moral relativism.

He's openly hostile to the flourishing of our resources sector. He either doesn't understand or doesn't care that Xi Jinping is dead set on creating a future where the West bows to China. And Trudeau's sense of national identity is to vilify anyone who believes in a national identity.

"There is no core identity, no mainstream in Canada" and we are the world's "first post-national state", Trudeau famously told The New York Times shortly before becoming PM. Imagine that, leading a country that you've openly claimed is not greater than the sum of its parts. Of course, you're going to let it flounder.

A lot has happened in four years that has sent us in the wrong direction on these issues. We cannot endure four more years of it.

Pierre Elliott Trudeau ran for re-election for his second term in 1972 under the slogan "the land is strong". He barely won.

If you take a look at the topline economic data in Canada today, you could argue the same is true right now. But make no mistake about it: it is not strong because of Trudeau. If anything, Canada remains strong in spite of its current leader.

How long will this be the case? Can we keep it together for another term under Trudeau? Don't risk it. The long-term consequences could be disastrous.

Before there can be national unity there has to be national identity, something this country has long struggled with.

Anonymous

Trudeau by the numbers.

By Lorrie Goldstein of Sun News Media

Trudeau's 2015 predictions were:

A $9.9-billion deficit in 2016-17.

A $9.5-billion deficit in 2017-18.

A $5.7-billion deficit in 2018-19.

A $1-billion surplus in 2019-20.

Trudeau's actual numbers have been:

A $19-billion deficit in 2016-17.

A $19-billion deficit in 2017-18.

A $14-billion deficit in 2018-19.

A (projected) $19.8-billion deficit in 2019-20.

In 2015, Trudeau promised his accumulated deficits over the next four years would be $24.1 billion.

His actual record puts them at $71.8 billion.

Trudeau missed his combined deficit target of $24.1 billion by $47.4 billion ($71.8 billion — $24.1 billion), or by almost 200%.

Now let's look ahead to what Trudeau is predicting for his next four years in power if he wins the election.

In his March 19 budget, Trudeau projected the following deficits, with no return to the balanced budget he promised and failed to deliver for this year.

According to his

2019 federal budget, Trudeau projected:

A $19.7-billion deficit in 2020-21.

A $14.8-billion deficit in 2021-22.

A $12.1-billion deficit in 2022-23.

A $9.8-billion deficit in 2023-24.

On Sept. 29 — a bit more than six months after Trudeau delivered his March budget — Trudeau released his 2019 election platform. Trudeau is now projecting: A $27.4-billion deficit for 2020-21.

A $23.7-billion deficit for 2021-22.

A $21.8-billion deficit for 2022-23.

A $21-billion deficit for 2023-24.

That means in his March budget, Trudeau predicted his accumulated deficits would be $56.4 billion over the next four years.

Now, six months later, he's predicting his accumulated deficits will be $93.9 billion over the next four years, or $37.5 billion higher ($93.9 billion-$56.4 billion) than he predicted in March. That means he's already 66% over his March budget predictions.

The debt-to-gdp ratio is an important measure of the government's overall economic health, the lower the better.

The good news is Canada has the lowest debt-to-gdp ratio in the G7. The bad news is that under Trudeau it's heading the wrong way.

In his 2015 campaign platform, Trudeau promised that by 201920, Canada's debt-to-gdp ratio would be 27%.

His March budget put it at 30.7%, and he said that by 2023-24 it would drop to 28.6%.

Six months later, Trudeau's election platform says it will be 30.2% in 2023-24.

Clearly, Trudeau's fiscal platforms are just numbers on a page that don't mean anything.

In fairness, that's true of all the so-called "costed" fiscal plans of all parties these days.

But for Trudeau to criticize the platforms of any of his opponents, based on his own dismal record, should not be taken seriously.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Maude"

">

I agree, it's just him using his father's fame to make money off charity, not to mention it's kind of ironic based on what they preach.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Herman"

Bullshit. Do you want less money in your pocket? Vote NDP, Green or Liberal. You want lower taxes and balanced budgets, vote Tory or PPC.

I fully agree too, though there's no perfect system for everyone, but I always believe Conservatives at least bring fairness and equality for all Canadians.

Anonymous

">

I agree, it's just him using his father's fame to make money off charity, not to mention it's kind of ironic based on what they preach.
A sitting elected representative charging school boards to hear him speak. Unbelievable.

Zetsu

Quote from: "seoulbro"

">

A sitting elected representative charging school boards to hear him speak. Unbelievable.

No doubt Seoulbro, when I think of Justine teh first thing that pops up in my mind is fraudster, hypocrite, morally bankrupt, entitled, betray tax paying Canadians for ppl that never contributed to the country, etc.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

">

No doubt Seoulbro, when I think of Justine teh first thing that pops up in my mind is fraudster, hypocrite, morally bankrupt, entitled, betray tax paying Canadians for ppl that never contributed to the country, etc.
He is unfit to govern.

Hey, have you voted yet? I voted in an advance poll Friday for our Conservative Party candidate John Brassard.

Print
User actions