The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Turkey invades Syrian Kurdistan

Started by Gaon, October 10, 2019, 11:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Trump has most GOP as well as the other guys against him on this one .. on the record via vote

If ISIS comes back, he's cooked

Turkey is on the move - Turkish Navy has practically encircled Cyprus with almost 20 vessels, including frigates and submarines

No surprise - Erdogan has been consolidating power for a decade now ... seems dreams of Khaliphate

Also Syrian troops have moved in to tackle the Turks and help the Kurds  with Russian support - A great area to not be in

Politically, Trump was screwed either way. The  question is, would Erdogan have tried this with a small contingent of US soldiers in the way.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"True in itself. islam is set up / worded to ensure that a % will turn deadly on its behalf ... and that deadly groups will always form from that

Still one has to deal with the currently deadly one of the moment.

We are not getting much info on what is going on in Kurdville so as to know status of IS

You find anything new ceec?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "cc"True in itself. islam is set up / worded to ensure that a % will turn deadly on its behalf ... and that deadly groups will always form from that

Still one has to deal with the currently deadly one of the moment.

We are not getting much info on what is going on in Kurdville so as to know status of IS

You find anything new ceec?

I watched CNN for two minutes yesterday. Don't ask me why.

cc

As of NOW, Pompeo and Pence have been 3hrs into meeting with Erdogan

We' ll soon see if anything came of it
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"As of NOW, Pompeo and Pence have been 3hrs into meeting with Erdogan

We' ll soon see if anything came of it

Fingers crossed.

cc

"They reached a deal to hold off for 120 hours (100% Ceasefire) to allow Kurd fighters to pull back from the 20 mile safe zone turkey wants" .. better than Turkey slaughtering them (women and kids also)

"Deal will be permanent if safe zone is successful"

"Both agreed to holding and eliminating iSIS (Turkey would do so within 20 mile zone)- and to Turkey protecting all religious minority groups remaining within zone (not sure if including non-fighter Kurds)

Plans for considerable moneys for minorities to rebuild (US will press other countries etc for funds ... oil rich Arabs ??? hmmm)

No idea if Kurds will agree.

BTW, previously a mystery to me, the US troops were there initially to be between Turks & Kurds in a smaller safe area south of Turkey with full agreement of Kurds

If no permanent cease fire, and Turkey renews attacks .. or if Turkey screws up ..  US will be "ruthless on sanctions on Turkey"

cc

Not positive myself, but trump says kurds are happy with it

Even GOP abandoned him initially ... but If true, the best negotiating in decades .. a major solution for a part of Arabia

'most ISIS under kurds - will so remain with US $ and support"

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Not positive myself, but trump says kurds are happy with it

Even GOP abandoned him initially ... but If true, the best negotiating in decades .. a major solution for a part of Arabia

'most ISIS under kurds - will so remain with US $ and support"

:thumbup:

cc

Erdogan says ""Pause" not ceasefire

He has broken his word before, even with trump before he knew Trump better

"There was a very strong "Or Else" given to the Turk BTW  :wink:

IF Kurds agree, and it would be suicide and set back their cause if they do not ... this could work WELL so long as a strong and willing to sanction Turkey's  ass off Trump in power in the US

Turkey gets its safe area and Kurds get left alone by Turkey .. and a chance to build their own place if they continue to hold off Syria whose land it is technically .. other minorities left alone etc. although there will be fighting below the safe zone between Kurds and Syria

An "O" would be a "0"  .. and Erdogan to do what he wanted .. and same old would continue (Kurds and all groups in the area would continue being slaughtered by Turkey and ISIS could start again)

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Erdogan says ""Pause" not ceasefire

He has broken his word before, even with trump before he knew Trump better

"There was a very strong "Or Else" given to the Turk BTW  :wink:

IF Kurds agree, and it would be suicide and set back their cause if they do not ... this could work WELL so long as a strong and willing to sanction Turkey's  ass off Trump in power in the US

Turkey gets its safe area and Kurds get left alone by Turkey .. and a chance to build their own place if they continue to hold off Syria whose land it is technically .. other minorities left alone etc. although there will be fighting below the safe zone between Kurds and Syria

An "O" would be a "0"  .. and Erdogan to do what he wanted .. and same old would continue (Kurds and all groups in the area would continue being slaughtered by Turkey and ISIS could start again)

I hope this works. If it does, Trump is a foreign affairs genius just like he is with the economy.

cc

Yes. He was unafraid to take GREAT criticism "abandoning allies, ISIS will get loose" ... afraid of Erdogen" etc etc  ... continued his plan and may have pulled it of .. mission accomplished

I'm sure the events were all know and considered ... then waiting game began ... then proposed meeting ... I'm only surprised he didn't go himself (his style), but apparently he was on speakerphone when needed throughout

Odinson

Maybe the american re-conquer Constantinople..

Make the Byzantine empire christian again.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Yes. He was unafraid to take GREAT criticism "abandoning allies, ISIS will get loose" ... afraid of Erdogen" etc etc  ... continued his plan and may have pulled it of .. mission accomplished

I'm sure the events were all know and considered ... then waiting game began ... then proposed meeting ... I'm only surprised he didn't go himself (his style), but apparently he was on speakerphone when needed throughout

I like it, but it could easily go sideways.

Odinson

Quote from: "seoulbro"In Korea, it is twenty six months service for males and you are done.

And you´ve been through it?

How was it?

South-Korean military conscripts probably have some actual duties.. Like patrolling the border.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Maybe the american re-conquer Constantinople..

Make the Byzantine empire christian again.

I like the sounds of that.