Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

Bank of Canada doesn’t see cashless society

Started by Anonymous, November 06, 2019, 06:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

A cashless future in Canada?

The bank of Canada doesn't see it happening.

a research paper — bank branches In Canada — says even if banks get rid of tellers, most Canadians still use bills and coins for purchases of less than $25.

most of the Laurentian bank's branches are automated, while CIBC has 185 branches without tellers, which only amounts to 18% across the country.

"The transition to teller-less bank branches in Canada seems unlikely to increase the friction or costs around accessing cash that could discourage cash demand in Canada," said the paper.

"The development of teller-less bank branches itself seems unlikely to have significant adverse impact on cash demand."

researchers say besides people still using cash for small transactions, they also withdraw cash from atms twice a month on average.

The bank of Canada's 2018 study said cash also remains the fastest way to pay for small purchases.

a stopwatch survey found typical cash transactions take 15 seconds compared to 25 seconds for debit cards.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Old Herman is old school. I use cash and withdraw cash from ATM's most of the time. Big purchases are different.

Odinson

I dont like a cashless society..

They want to control you..

Cash is freedom.

Blazor

Quote from: "Odinson"I dont like a cashless society..

They want to control you..

Cash is freedom.

:thumbup:

Im old school too, cause I dont like knowing Im being tracked on my purchases. I put most my check in the bank and pay bills with my bank funds, the rest is cash that I use for gas and groceries and what not.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

I use cash for small purchases as a convenience for myself and a courtesy to others.

Odinson

Using card is quicker than using cash..

Atleast in here.

Odinson

I just put the card in the slot.

And quickly input 0462.. Which is my pin-code..

Vancouver

I have Google pay on my smartphone. Just tap my phone for purchases under $100. Food courts at Asian malls here do not accept card. Have to carry cash sometimes. Paper bills and coins are so dirty. I always have a bottle of hand sanitizer in my car.
Time is malleable

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"I use cash for small purchases as a convenience for myself and a courtesy to others.

When I was in Seattle, my cash was shunned. My brother says no one pays with cash there, but Im sure hes exaggerating lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I use cash for small purchases as a convenience for myself and a courtesy to others.

When I was in Seattle, my cash was shunned. My brother says no one pays with cash there, but Im sure hes exaggerating lol.

He is, I have been there.

sasquatch

I use cash for small purchases and purchases that go beyond my debit limit.

and cash is still prevalent here because i live in a pretty rural area.

Anonymous

Quote from: "sasquatch"I use cash for small purchases and purchases that go beyond my debit limit.

and cash is still prevalent here because i live in a pretty rural area.

Cash is still common in rural areas?

For what, under $50?

Gaon

Cash transactions in Israel are limited to  NIS 10,000. The government encourages it to combat tax evasion.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"Cash transactions in Israel are limited to  NIS 10,000. The government encourages it to combat tax evasion.

Yes, cash is harder to follow.....even small amounts.