Last post: Today at 11:16:38 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Mel's Sub

Started by Anonymous, December 26, 2019, 07:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Mel"I know.  I should've just started my own to begin with.  I don't work well with others, especially nutty Serbs...

I never registered on mmb boards. But, I have heard from several posters that the owner of mmb is a my way or the highway type.

That's true, However, mmb and it's subs are her property and she can do whatever the heck she wants with them.

True, forums are private property.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"You would be better off taking over an existing forum rather than starting a new one. Talk to the owner of BF or this one. Forums do not attract new posters anymore. It's the same two dozen or so posters across all these forums. Starting a new forum in today's day and age is like opening a cobbler's shop beside Walmart.

I don't work well with others.  I need to start fresh!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"
Quote from: "Guest"You would be better off taking over an existing forum rather than starting a new one. Talk to the owner of BF or this one. Forums do not attract new posters anymore. It's the same two dozen or so posters across all these forums. Starting a new forum in today's day and age is like opening a cobbler's shop beside Walmart.

I don't work well with others.  I need to start fresh!

I'd imagine there are forum owners looking to get out of the business. You should ask around before starting another damned forum.

Anonymous

Why would I want someone else's, when I can start fresh with a $10 domain, and $5/month hosting?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"Why would I want someone else's, when I can start fresh with a $10 domain, and $5/month hosting?

Why would anyone start a new forum in 2020.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"Why would I want someone else's, when I can start fresh with a $10 domain, and $5/month hosting?

Is that ever inexpensive.

Anonymous

The Flaming Anus?? Appropriate name for an incel bored.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"The Flaming Anus?? Appropriate name for an incel bored.

I was just joking about registering that domain.  It is available for purchase cheap though, if you're interested...

I now own 'theroadhouse.online' because it's the best I could find with what was available at a reasonable price.

Anonymous

Maybe I should've registered 'theflaminganus.com', as even though it would've brought in all the wrong traffic, it would've brought in traffic nonetheless...

Blazor

Why would anyone start a new forum in 2020.

Hey, BlazorsBarnyard.com is still a great idea  :mad:

:laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"Maybe I should've registered 'theflaminganus.com', as even though it would've brought in all the wrong traffic, it would've brought in traffic nonetheless...

I doubt it, There's only about twenty five people left that still post on forums.

Anonymous

I doubt it, There's only about twenty five people left that still post on forums.

These forums.  

My forum will have global appeal...  Global reach.  It won't be like these forums.  And with my own domain, I'll have full control.  Plus, it'll be its own entity, and not some sub hidden away like now.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"

These forums.  

My forum will have global appeal...  Global reach.  It won't be like these forums.  And with my own domain, I'll have full control.  Plus, it'll be its own entity, and not some sub hidden away like now.

It will be the same people you have now. You might attract a three or four more of the remaining forum posters, but that's it.

Anonymous

I have a vision that all these forums lack...  My vision is knows no borders...  No limits.  I want my reach global.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"I have a vision that all these forums lack...  My vision is knows no borders...  No limits.  I want my reach global.

It's still a forum, and this medium's glory days are in the past.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview