The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Australia wildfires

Started by Vancouver, January 03, 2020, 10:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Vancouver

How are our Australian friends doing? I just read the biggest evacuation in Australia. Animals dead. State of emergency.
Time is malleable

realgrimm

Crazy agenda here..people setting fires and blaming climate change..

I wish all Aussies safety..One of the most beautiful places on earth up in smoke

Anonymous

Quote from: "realgrimm"Crazy agenda here..people setting fires and blaming climate change..

I wish all Aussies safety..One of the most beautiful places on earth up in smoke

That's so dishonest of alarmists..

The Eastern state of New South Wales has declared an emergency.

realgrimm

Quote from: "Fashionista"

but not uncommon Im afraid,false flags and mass manipulation are their calling cards

Anonymous

Quote from: "realgrimm"

but not uncommon Im afraid,false flags and mass manipulation are their calling cards

I would not be the least but surprised if some of the fires were deliberately started by those with an agenda.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

I would not be the least but surprised if some of the fires were deliberately started by those with an agenda.

I've never seen arrests made in Canada's large wildfires even though human error or arson are to blame.

Anonymous

Even if alarmists didn't start any of the fires, I'm sure they are happy that they can milk it to advance their cause.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Even if alarmists didn't start any of the fires, I'm sure they are happy that they can milk it to advance their cause.

There's an editorial in the New York Times headlined Australia Is Committing Climate Suicide.

:crazy:

As if any government action could've prevented these catastrophic wild fires.

Bricktop

It's a frightening mess. Most of the last 2 weeks we've been covered in smoke from the fires around the city of Adelaide. We live about 15km from the closest fire currently burning.

I've never seen a sunset so red as this;

https://scontent.fadl5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/81813314_2812894852064187_3045598186182803456_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=wX6zaTf2hCUAQkdam7FNW1UMjNhkhDKNzEz4kWm-t4qttW93SV5PNVcLw&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl5-1.fna&oh=42ac345c676160a7005ac28b75058fd4&oe=5EADB830">https://scontent.fadl5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5EADB830">https://scontent.fadl5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/81813314_2812894852064187_3045598186182803456_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=wX6zaTf2hCUAQkdam7FNW1UMjNhkhDKNzEz4kWm-t4qttW93SV5PNVcLw&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl5-1.fna&oh=42ac345c676160a7005ac28b75058fd4&oe=5EADB830

It's caused by the smoke and ash in the air...even though it looked reasonably clear.

This is what you get when the greens and environmentalists block safe burnoffs during cooler months to reduce fuel levels for bushfires.

The cost to the nation will be in the billions.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"It's a frightening mess. Most of the last 2 weeks we've been covered in smoke from the fires around the city of Adelaide. We live about 15km from the closest fire currently burning.

https://scontent.fadl5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/81813314_2812894852064187_3045598186182803456_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=wX6zaTf2hCUAQkdam7FNW1UMjNhkhDKNzEz4kWm-t4qttW93SV5PNVcLw&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl5-1.fna&oh=42ac345c676160a7005ac28b75058fd4&oe=5EADB830">https://scontent.fadl5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5EADB830">https://scontent.fadl5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/81813314_2812894852064187_3045598186182803456_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=wX6zaTf2hCUAQkdam7FNW1UMjNhkhDKNzEz4kWm-t4qttW93SV5PNVcLw&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl5-1.fna&oh=42ac345c676160a7005ac28b75058fd4&oe=5EADB830

It's caused by the smoke and ash in the air...even though it looked reasonably clear.

This is what you get when the greens and environmentalists block safe burnoffs during cooler months to reduce fuel levels for bushfires.

Happy new year Bricktop..

I'm so glad you have had no damage to your property..

Is it hard to breathe at times?

Bricktop

Thanks, Fash...a happy new year to you and your family.

We had two or three days where we had to close all windows, but they were also over 40C so we had the A/C running. However, many people with breathing disorders were affected and some had to leave for clearer air.

I wouldn't say it was hard to breathe for most people without disorders...but it sure was unpleasant and irritated the nose and throat.

However, compared to the loss of life and property, it is an insignificant irritation.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Thanks, Fash...a happy new year to you and your family.

We had two or three days where we had to close all windows, but they were also over 40C so we had the A/C running. However, many people with breathing disorders were affected and some had to leave for clearer air.

I wouldn't say it was hard to breathe for most people without disorders...but it sure was unpleasant and irritated the nose and throat.

However, compared to the loss of life and property, it is an insignificant irritation.

We had huge forest fires in the North Eastern part of the province three years ago..

Even though I live 750 kms South of the centre of the huge forest fires, when winds shifted South, the sky here was orange and it was difficult to breathe outside..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"It's a frightening mess. Most of the last 2 weeks we've been covered in smoke from the fires around the city of Adelaide. We live about 15km from the closest fire currently burning.

Jesus H, that is a fireball of a sunset.

Anonymous

This is an article that appeared in the Daily Telegraph.

https://volunteerfirefighters.org.au/it-is-high-time-bureaucrats-and-politicians-stopped-blaming-climate-change-for-a-bushfire-crisis-that-is-very-much-of-their-own-making-and-is-putting-lives-at-risk?fbclid=IwAR0eAoGYUVCpQ3p2DVlqT460ek-JJX2sumpUSmWAujmidGToJhxZV76LDkY">https://volunteerfirefighters.org.au/it ... hxZV76LDkY">https://volunteerfirefighters.org.au/it-is-high-time-bureaucrats-and-politicians-stopped-blaming-climate-change-for-a-bushfire-crisis-that-is-very-much-of-their-own-making-and-is-putting-lives-at-risk?fbclid=IwAR0eAoGYUVCpQ3p2DVlqT460ek-JJX2sumpUSmWAujmidGToJhxZV76LDkY

Adding Fuel to the Fire

No one is denying the gravity of what people and firefighters have been through now, but it is no use gilding the lily here.

You can't have a fire without fuel.

Two factors above all else come into play here.

In NSW, when Bob Carr was the minister, and later premier, he ratified moves to have fire trails abandoned.

Carr's moves prevented access to those fire trails by the Rural Fire Service, under the pretext he was keeping four 4WDs and campers out.

The government (and how many problems that we face today are created by government?) put locked gates on these national parks and planted big rocks at the entry to the fire trails.

Understandably, the fire trails are now overgrown with regrowth forest, impenetrable to everybody except native and feral animals.

Yet it was these fire trails that enabled the fire fighters to get to the heart of a fire.

They could then create back burning and land clearing.

Fire fighters could mobilise earth-moving equipment and successfully put the fire out.

In those days, water bombing wasn't in vogue.

It wasn't necessary and, anyway, it was too expensive. The fire trails were "fit for purpose".

Today, the fire fighters know they are hopelessly limited by where they can gain access to the fires. They have to rely on very expensive water bombing strategies.

The greenies, of course, endorse this strategy.

Except that they, disturbingly, prefer the use of freshwater, which we don't have, over salt water in putting out bushfires.

And that is allegedly to "protect" the environment.

What is all this 'protect the environment' hypocrisy? When have we seen any Greens MP, Zali Steggall, Adam Bandt, Sarah Hanson-Young and their leader, Richard Di Natale, line up alongside Tony Abbott to fight the fires?"

Then-senator John Williams said in 2013, "The problem in our national parks is that we have these savage fires with huge amounts of fuel per hectare; we are killing the trees, we're killing the animals, we're killing the koalas and anything else that lives in these areas and we call it conservation ..."

You and I would call it destruction.

I repeat, you cannot have a fire without fuel.

Re-Learn to Burn

When you think there are seven million hectares of national parks in NSW alone, 200 of them in Sydney, and yet hazard reduction burns have occurred on less than 1 per cent of fire-prone land, then we are staring at a potential inferno.

This has nothing to do with climate change.

Dr Paul Read, co-director of Australia's National Centre for Research in Bushfire and Arson, puts the number of bushfires in Australia per year at, on average, "62,000 and increasing".

Of those, 13 per cent are started deliberately and 37 per cent are suspicious. That means 31,000 Australian bushfires are either the product of arson or suspected arson, every year. That means that up to 85 bushfires begin every day because someone leaves their home and decides to start one.

Local governments are being blamed for all of this, but they have no power to even lift a fallen tree or remove a broken branch.

If they want to back-burn or reduce the fuel on the forest floor, they must get permission from state government and jump through endless hoops.

That is, if local government want to reduce the fire hazard.

Indigenous Australians knew how to deal with fire. We have learnt nothing from them. The problem is simple. There is too much fuel on the floor and we cannot get at it.

Arguing that we need more water bombers, and we will have to buy them from overseas, is attacking the symptom, not the disease.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Thanks, Fash...a happy new year to you and your family.

You fared better than many of your fellow South Australians and I am glad of that.

Fires on Kangaroo Island are turning into fire twisters.