News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8486
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 04, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Something is fishy with my BC Assessment numbers...

Started by Anonymous, January 04, 2020, 10:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I am fully aware of anchor babies.  

Canada is afraid to shut that loophole down, even though it stresses our socialized healthcare systems to the max, as well as creating an immigration queue jump problem.

We have sold out to Five Star China decades ago, and that is no secret.  We all know it, we just can't say it in our media.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"I am fully aware of anchor babies.  

Canada is afraid to shut that loophole down, even though it stresses our socialized healthcare systems to the max, as well as creating an immigration queue jump problem.

We have sold out to Five Star China decades ago, and that is no secret.  We all know it, we just can't say it in our media.

Although I am an anchor baby, my mother did it for different reasons forty two years ago than so many Chinese and Lebanese do it today..

I was surprised to here some Europeans take advantage of this too..

And we intended to stay in Canada forever after we were able to come here as a family.

Anonymous

Anonymous

We'll see what BC Assessment says, if they ever reply to my query!    :laugh:

https://i.ibb.co/pPg8fDn/Capture.jpg">

kiebers

So, if you are successful in getting your house value increased, does that mean you pay more in taxes?
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"So, if you are successful in getting your house value increased, does that mean you pay more in taxes?

I don't know why he cares. An assessment does not reflect the actual market value of his property.

kiebers

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "kiebers"So, if you are successful in getting your house value increased, does that mean you pay more in taxes?

I don't know why he cares. An assessment does not reflect the actual market value of his property.

But does it affect the figure that taxes are based on?
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

But does it affect the figure that taxes are based on?

Not necessarily.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"Many just fly back when they need 'free' healthcare...

Possibly, some of the people come from countries with free or cheaper health care than Canada provides..

The Fifth Estate has a program tonight about birth tourism.

kiebers

Our property taxes are based on a county appraised value (not market value) of the combined value of the land and improvements. I would love to have my houses values to be 50,000 less each than they are. Save me easily two grand plus every year. Of course I am speaking about Texas.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Our property taxes are based on a county appraised value (not market value) of the combined value of the land and improvements. I would love to have my houses values to be 50,000 less each than they are. Save me easily two grand plus every year. Of course I am speaking about Texas.

Two grand tax on $50k???

Anonymous

Yes, property taxes here are based on the assessed value, so I would pay more tax if assessed value increases.

That said, the assessed value nonetheless does play an important role when it comes to home sales, as what it sells for will often be loosely related to assessed value.  Whether it sells over or under assessed depends on market conditions, but you would not want your half million dollar home to be assessed at $250,000 come selling time...

Anonymous

BC Assessment will hopefully send me a reply to my query sometime during the week, explaining how this was the only house in a region the size of New Jersey that saw such a massive decline, when every other house in the region saw an increase.  Makes no sense to me.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"BC Assessment will hopefully send me a reply to my query sometime during the week, explaining how this was the only house in a region the size of New Jersey that saw such a massive decline, when every other house in the region saw an increase.  Makes no sense to me.

How many square feet is your home?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
How many square feet is your home?

Around 2,800 square feet if you include basement.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview