The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A new respiratory illness, not SARS, appears in China

Started by Anonymous, January 06, 2020, 08:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"The medical staff are running out of vital supplies. Our continent states and territories have decided to share their various aids when we all run out of supplies.

And China isn't parting with test kits.

They are threatening to cut off supplies of medicine that Canada and the US need.

caskur

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "caskur"The medical staff are running out of vital supplies. Our continent states and territories have decided to share their various aids when we all run out of supplies.

They are threatening to cut off supplies of medicine that Canada and the US need.

More like they've run out themselves and just feigning threats.

Don't trust what governments pipe out. They're mongrel mutts.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

Canada and the USA don't have reserves of medicines, but most East Asian countries do.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETDUJ9jUMAY2btB.jpg">

:laugh:

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Canada and the USA don't have reserves of medicines, but most East Asian countries do.

That's a big problem for North America.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

I used to be an ultra free trader. It wasn't until I realized how dependent this continent is on a hostile nation for our health. This must change, but I don't believe it will.

caskur

Quote from: "seoulbro"

I used to be an ultra free trader. It wasn't until I realized how dependent this continent is on a hostile nation for our health. This must change, but I don't believe it will.

It goes back YEARS. Tough pollution laws in the USA sent USA businesses to cheap Chinese labour in sweet shop factories where pollution wasn't even considered.

Now we have too many people, too much low quality products and a wealthier working class in China.

The USA and other places may have to reopen a few factories and start making their own medical supplies.

You know thongs (otherwise called flip flops where you're from) were an Australian innovation and the factory was in the suburb next to mine. The factory is still there but thongs (flip flops) are made in China.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

It goes back YEARS. Tough pollution laws in the USA sent USA businesses to cheap Chinese labour in sweet shop factories where pollution wasn't even considered.

Now we have too many people, too much low quality products and a wealthier working class in China.

The USA and other places may have to reopen a few factories and start making their own medical supplies.

You know thongs (otherwise called flip flops where you're from) were an Australian innovation and the factory was in the suburb next to mine. The factory is still there but thongs (flip flops) are made in China.

Not exactly. After Mao's death, and Deng Xiao Ping's reforms, the US and it's NATO allies thought they could make China a partner like they did with Japan and German after World War 2. So, they shared technology with China, and encouraged supply chains to move production there. But, the more they gave the more the Chinese wanted. It was a good idea, but they went too far. No country should be dependent on another country, especially one who's system of government is the opposite of our own for their essential medical supplies.

caskur

The Chinese government are "State Capitalists".... they are not really communists. Sure, they make the citizens "communist" but I can assure you, the governing body isn't.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Not exactly. After Mao's death, and Deng Xiao Ping's reforms, the US and it's NATO allies thought they could make China a partner like they did with Japan and German after World War 2. So, they shared technology with China, and encouraged supply chains to move production there. But, the more they gave the more the Chinese wanted. It was a good idea, but they went too far. No country should be dependent on another country, especially one who's system of government is the opposite of our own for their essential medical supplies.

It is crazy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

It is crazy.

It is exceptionally arrogant of the West to think that because they turned Japan and Germany into vassal states they could do the same with China, Russia, and the Middle East.

cc

While I see Japan and Germany as totally independent states and not vassal, between Trump's drum beating on grossly stupid trade imbalance and China's lack of honesty in this virus that could have saved 1,000s (even blaming the US) it's way past time to wakey wakey and be tough.

Being dependent on China for medications and many other essentials shows a stupidity I can't think of a parallel for. Criticism for allowing it should be massive and dependence must be reversed ASAP.

I'm not usually one for govt interference, but this is our survival at stake ... meaning whatever laws it takes be employed to keep essential production at home .. .starting right now

The fkrs deliberately withheld what they learned about controlling this virus (individual isolation) ... what does it take to wake us up .. they have killed people throughout the West as surely as by military attack .. China is our enemy, not our working partner .. and can be expected to do only what serves its own purposes  .. wakey wakey time
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

It is crazy.

It is exceptionally arrogant of the West to think that because they turned Japan and Germany into vassal states they could do the same with China, Russia, and the Middle East.

and yet the United States & Britain freed your people & prevented a dictatorship from establishing itself like it did in North Korea, seoulbro.

Be grateful for all those allied soldiers who fought & died for South Korea.

Otherwise the typical Korean today might be a slave of the Japanese Empire.

The USA & West are the reason South Korea enjoys a high standard of living today, seoulbro.

They freed the Korean people & all the others in Asia from oppression.

China also owes its prosperity to the USA because they freed them from Japan & helped drive the European colonial empires out & re-establishing themselves there after WWII.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview