The best topic

Replies: 8492
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:06:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A new respiratory illness, not SARS, appears in China

Started by Anonymous, January 06, 2020, 08:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I have thirty years seniority, you idiiot. I know you never invested any money for your own future, but have you never had a job either. You don't understand what a thirty year man means. Like wow.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"S & P graph since Monday:

https://content.markitcdn.com/markets.on.nytimes.com/research/tools/builder/api.asp?sym=%24SP&duration=4&chartstyle=ArticleSpan&w=450&h=225&display=fillclose&scale=2&topLabel=%20&showChange=0&backgroundColor=FFFFFF&fillColor=eeeeee&line1Color=f26d2d">

https://content.markitcdn.com/markets.on.nytimes.com/research/tools/builder/api.asp?sym=%24SP&duration=4&chartstyle=ArticleSpan&w=450&h=225&display=fillclose&scale=2&topLabel=%20&showChange=0&backgroundColor=FFFFFF&fillColor=eeeeee&line1Color=f26d2d">https://content.markitcdn.com/markets.o ... lor=f26d2d">https://content.markitcdn.com/markets.on.nytimes.com/research/tools/builder/api.asp?sym=%24SP&duration=4&chartstyle=ArticleSpan&w=450&h=225&display=fillclose&scale=2&topLabel=%20&showChange=0&backgroundColor=FFFFFF&fillColor=eeeeee&line1Color=f26d2d

S&P 500 -7.87%

Dow -8.35%

Nasdaq -7.80%

It seems most of us here invest with a long term approach..

If I had bought in when stocks were high last month, I'd be be concerned, but I also know it would eventually go up.

Anonymous

We are now in the thirteenth bear market since the end of WW2. Eleven out of those thirteen bear markets have resulted in recession. We will officially be in a recession I predict by the end of the third quarter. And we haven't seen the bottom yet. That won't happen until the world contains the coronavirus. Who knows when that will happen.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"We are now in the thirteenth bear market since the end of WW2. Eleven out of those thirteen bear markets have resulted in recession. We will officially be in a recession I predict by the end of the third quarter. And we haven't seen the bottom yet. That won't happen until the world contains the coronavirus. Who knows when that will happen.

Thanks China.

:sad:

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Joe makes ass of self again

tell me something new

...except I was right.

And I did congratulate Shen when she took advantage of the brief Cat Bounce before the carnage.

So I was never being malicious.

Anyways, wasn't it you who told (preached actually) me and others to BUY LOW & SELL HIGH, cc?

Actually, I learned to see the stockmarket as you recommended to.

And Yes, I do intend now to invest in the Stock Market - LATER this year when the market drops significantly lower.

What would you say? 14,000 maybe?

Give me your insights, cc.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"We are now in the thirteenth bear market since the end of WW2. Eleven out of those thirteen bear markets have resulted in recession. We will officially be in a recession I predict by the end of the third quarter. And we haven't seen the bottom yet. That won't happen until the world contains the coronavirus. Who knows when that will happen.

Thanks for your insights, seoulbro.

I think you may be a pro after all.

I take back what I said about you earlier.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Thanks China.

I wish I could be reassuring, but who knew a wet market on the other side of the world would shut down the global economy. The global supply chain has been optimized for just-in-time efficiency (cost), not resiliency (shocks).

Each person is different, but at this time you should stick with your goals. They seem reasonable, and despite the fact I believe this recession will not be V-shaped, we will return to growth. In the long run. the process towards your goals will not have to be reassessed.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Thanks China.

I wish I could be reassuring, but who knew a wet market on the other side of the world would shut down the global economy. The global supply chain has been optimized for just-in-time efficiency (cost), not resiliency (shocks).

Each person is different, but at this time you should stick with your goals. They seem reasonable, and despite the fact I believe this recession will not be V-shaped, we will return to growth. In the long run. the process towards your goals will not have to be reassessed.

This will happen again..

China is not going to join the developed countries in East Asia and ban wet markets.

Anonymous

Thanks China.

This will happen again..

China is not going to join the developed countries in East Asia and ban wet markets.

I hope you are wrong, that China leaves the Medieval World of hygeine & joins the Modern obe, Fashionista.

That's what caused pandemics like the Black Plague.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"

Thanks China.

This will happen again..

I hope you are wrong, that China leaves the Medieval World of hygeine & joins the Modern obe, Fashionista.

Peking, unlike Taipei or Tokyo has the power to stop wet markets that caused SARS, avian flu and now coronavirus, but they haven't..

I have no faith they will either..

There will be another coronavirus

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"All these cancellations of pro sports, conventions, cruises, flights, and most economic activity are shutting down the global economy faster than the financial crisis ever did. I am with the Seoul brother, a big time recession is at hand.

This analyst agrees with you & states that a sharp economic slowdown is imminent next month:

Quotehttps://www.theglobeandmail.com/investing/markets/inside-the-market/market-news/article-premarket-global-markets-wilt-stocks-plunge-as-trump-imposes-europe/">https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investi ... es-europe/">https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investing/markets/inside-the-market/market-news/article-premarket-global-markets-wilt-stocks-plunge-as-trump-imposes-europe/

The economy is going to grind to a halt in the next month and the recession risk is real now," said Zhiwei Ren, managing director at Penn Mutual Asset Management in Horsham, Pennsylvania.

Anonymous

Lighten the fuck up people.

https://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1334798119385_8514630.png">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"

Thanks China.

This will happen again..

Peking, unlike Taipei or Tokyo has the power to stop wet markets that caused SARS, avian flu and now coronavirus, but they haven't..

I have no faith they will either..

There will be another coronavirus

Well perhsps whats needed are sanctions on China to they clean up their act?

Maybe similar to those imposed on Iran to force it to comply to nuclear standards.

And permanent WHO inspectors stationed there to make sure China complies with them as a condition that any of these sanctions are lifted.

What do you think?

Could such a plan if implemented, work?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Lighten the fuck up people.

https://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1334798119385_8514630.png">

Most people are like yourself, they aint too worried about their investments. They are usually locked in until they retire. The global supply chain is in disarray. Across North America and throughout the world tens of millions of people will lose their jobs in the next six to nine months.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview