Replies: 8358
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 28, 2024, 10:14:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A new respiratory illness, not SARS, appears in China

Started by Anonymous, January 06, 2020, 08:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"viruses are also spread by touch. They are not just airborne.

Not all pathogens are airborne, but the ones that are obviously can spread the easiest, which was my point, especially in relation to the fact that those cheap masks will not stop transmission.

caskur

Quote from: "Mel"
Quote from: "caskur"viruses are also spread by touch. They are not just airborne.

Not all pathogens are airborne, but the ones that are obviously can spread the easiest, which was my point, especially in relation to the fact that those cheap masks will not stop transmission.

They do stop an infected person putting spittle everywhere.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Mel"

They do stop an infected person putting spittle everywhere.

Taiwan doesn't have any cases of the coronavirus yet..

But, it is Chinese New Years and a lot of investors will be returning from China and Vietnam....I hope they are wearing masks.

Anonymous

Airplane rides are a great place to catch viruses...  Asians love to cough and hack, and that recirculated plane air should make sure everything spreads around nice and evenly inside the plane!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"Airplane rides are a great place to catch viruses...  Asians love to cough and hack, and that recirculated plane air should make sure everything spreads around nice and evenly inside the plane!

No, just Chinese..

Koreans and Japanese consider it disgusting..

I don't know about SE Asians.

Anonymous

How about in Taiwan?  Do they cough and hack and spit all over the sidewalks like Chinese do?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"How about in Taiwan?  Do they cough and hack and spit all over the sidewalks like Chinese do?

You would get a fine for it..

Singapore really enforces cleanliness laws..

Singaporeans and Japanese are much cleaner than Canadians.

Odinson

Two infected in lapland, Finland... Suspected infection.

288km north from where I live.

But they probably just have your regular chinese flu.

Anonymous

This is from the New York Times

WUHAN, China — The authorities drastically expanded a travel lockdown in central China on Friday, essentially penning in more than 35 million residents to contain a deadly virus that is overwhelming hospitals and fueling fears of a pandemic.

The new limits — abruptly decreed ahead of the Lunar New Year holiday, China's busiest travel season — were an extraordinary step that underscored the ruling Communist Party's deepening fears about the outbreak of a little understood coronavirus. It has killed at least 26 people and sickened more than 800 in China and at least six other countries, including the United States, according to statistics from health officials.

Anonymous

This is from the New York Times

WUHAN, China — The authorities drastically expanded a travel lockdown in central China on Friday, essentially penning in more than 35 million residents to contain a deadly virus that is overwhelming hospitals and fueling fears of a pandemic.

The new limits — abruptly decreed ahead of the Lunar New Year holiday, China's busiest travel season — were an extraordinary step that underscored the ruling Communist Party's deepening fears about the outbreak of a little understood coronavirus. It has killed at least 26 people and sickened more than 800 in China and at least six other countries, including the United States, according to statistics from health officials.

Odinson

caskur

They traced it to a market where bats are sold.

The Chinese eat foods they shouldn't in my opinion. Now they've caught another bat disease.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"They traced it to a market where bats are sold.

The Chinese eat foods they shouldn't in my opinion. Now they've caught another bat disease.

You mean feral bats contaminated the food in the open market. I have not heard of bats being raised commercially for human consumption anywhere in the world.

caskur

Quote from: "seoulbro"

You mean feral bats contaminated the food in the open market. I have not heard of bats being raised commercially for human consumption anywhere in the world.

They said on our news the bats were sold for consumption. They weren't farmed.

I'll see if I can find a news article for you.

brb.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

They said on our news the bats were sold for consumption. They weren't farmed.

I'll see if I can find a news article for you.

brb.

I would appreciate that. Eating bats they caught. :crazy:

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview