News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 7378
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 19, 2024, 11:52:50 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

"Canadians" on board Ukraine flight 752...

Started by Anonymous, January 10, 2020, 04:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Contrary to what the media has portrayed, not one of those "Canadians" were actually Canadian, since while they did hold a Canadian passport, they were also all still citizens of Iran too.  They were all dual citizens of Iranian descent.

I do not accept these Iranians to be "Canadian" while holding dual status.  That's my personal take on that.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"Contrary to what the media has portrayed, not one of those "Canadians" were actually Canadian, since while they did hold a Canadian passport, they were also all still citizens of Iran too.  They were all dual citizens of Iranian descent.

I do not accept these Iranians to be "Canadian" while holding dual status.  That's my personal take on that.

Canada permits dual citizenship so legally these individuals were Canadian citizens.

If we apply your argument to Canadians holding American citizenship, then they are not Canadians either.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "Mel"Contrary to what the media has portrayed, not one of those "Canadians" were actually Canadian, since while they did hold a Canadian passport, they were also all still citizens of Iran too.  They were all dual citizens of Iranian descent.

Canada permits dual citizenship so legally these individuals were Canadian citizens.

If we apply your argument to Canadians holding American citizenship, then they are not Canadians either.

Iran does not technically recognize dual citizenship..

However, it is possible for someone to hold Iranian citizenship and another second citizenship.

For Iranian dual citizens, Iran simply recognizes the individual as an Iranian citizen.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Iran does not technically recognize dual citizenship..

So in other words they admit to shooting down a bunch of their own citizens in retaliation for the US canceling Salami's breathing license, good good.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Iran does not technically recognize dual citizenship..

So in other words they admit to shooting down a bunch of their own citizens in retaliation for the US canceling Salami's breathing license, good good.

They shot it down unintentionally. Then they probably shot down the officer in charge of the fuck up and his entire family.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
They shot it down unintentionally. Then they probably shot down the officer in charge of the fuck up and his entire family.

More than likely...

He would've been asked to "step inside my office" where he would've been told this:  "You shot down down the wrong target, since they were our own people.  Now you must be executed.  Any final words?"

And that's just how things works there!

Odinson

The Torus system can differentiate between enemy and friendly aircraft..

It tells you that it is the wrong aircraft..

Odinson

They read the aircraft transponder.. To know what type of aircraft it is..

But who knows the condition of these platforms in iranian hands..

Might not be working properly..

Anonymous

Yeah, I know, I was being willfully facetious.

The truth is far more mundane. That whole fireworks display was purely for the Iranians' benefit, a spectacular array of firepower specifically designed to impress Iran's people that the Ayatolla could rock n rollah and the US would hunker down and not say "boo". They even made sure it would happen that way by telling the Iraqis which airfields were being targeted first so all military personnel might be evacuated ahead of the impending airstrikes.

That's why Trump didn't go off his nut on Twitter, it's also the reason for all the long faces at CNN and NBC. "What? No US casualties? Fuck, there goes another chance for our war correspondents to sit in front of a green screen for the next two decades, looking all hard and haggard while those patriotic advertising bux stream in, punctuated by frequent calls of 'Orangeman did this' and 'Orangeman BAD'."

Iran needed this as a face saving exercise. The only casualties in this shit-show were civilians. Oh, and some cretin who, despite his anti-ISIS leanings, was nonetheless just as butcherous to our allies and universally despised in the neighbouring regions for it. Which, if you know your middle-east history, is a pretty common enough scenario down through the ages.

Anonymous

Yeah, I know, I was being willfully facetious.

The truth is far more mundane. That whole fireworks display was purely for the Iranians' benefit, a spectacular array of firepower specifically designed to impress Iran's people that the Ayatolla could rock n rollah and the US would hunker down and not say "boo". They even made sure it would happen that way by telling the Iraqis which airfields were being targeted first so all military personnel might be evacuated ahead of the impending airstrikes.

That's why Trump didn't go off his nut on Twitter, it's also the reason for all the long faces at CNN and NBC. "What? No US casualties? Fuck, there goes another chance for our war correspondents to sit in front of a green screen for the next two decades, looking all hard and haggard while those patriotic advertising bux stream in, punctuated by frequent calls of 'Orangeman did this' and 'Orangeman BAD'."

Iran needed this as a face saving exercise. The only casualties in this shit-show were civilians. Oh, and some cretin who, despite his anti-ISIS leanings, was nonetheless just as butcherous to our allies and universally despised in the neighbouring regions for it. Which, if you know your middle-east history, is a pretty common enough scenario down through the ages.

Get the fuck out of the Mid-East

Anonymous

Quote from: "No Shit Sherlock"Get the fuck out of the Mid-East

Ontario? But I like it here!

caskur

I agree with this.

I believe that wherever you are born and raised is what you truly are.

I have Italians friends two generation in Australia and they consider themselves 'Italian' even though it was their grandparents that actually immigrated.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Odinson

Thing about towelheads and negroes is that they can always claim that stupidity was behind their actions..

And people believe that they really are that stupid..

Anonymous

Hey Odinson, you might be interested in this.

What's SA-15? Missile may have shot down passenger jet

Here are some key answers to questions about the missile system that may have brought down the Ukrainian passenger plane near Tehran Jan. 8:

what is the sa-15?

It is a Russian-made air defence system that allows its operators to shoot down aircraft at relatively close range. It is also known as the Tor air defence.

The SA-15 can shoot down aircraft, precision weapons and guided munitions. It can intercept targets as high as 33,000 feet.

It is designed to defend against objects flying at medium to very low altitudes and can track up to 48 targets at once, the documents show, with an ability to fire two missiles nearly simultaneously.

Will Mackenzie, a research associate in the defence program at the Center for New American Security, said the SA-15 "is an older platform" that is "primarily made for short-range air defence, and it's a mobile system so it can be moved around."

Missiles fired from the SA-15 are designed to pepper targets with shrapnel when it explodes, which sends tumbling shards of metal into the fuselages of aircraft and drones.

How did iran get it?

Russian officials announced in 2007 that they had delivered the Tor M-1 system, also known as the SA-15, to Tehran. The Guardian reported that year that Iran had obtained 29 of the systems under the terms of a $700-million contract.

Duitsman said U.S. officials were likely concerned when Iran obtained the SA-15 because "it was a very large improvement over some of the other systems Iran had at the time."

fired By Mistake?

Observers have noted that Iranian forces may have been on high alert.

"They'd be pretty jumpy. said former Pentagon official Michael Spirtas.

The SA-15 does not track threats and fire autonomously. The operator must identify the target on a screen and then fire the missile.

Duitsman said that if Iran did launch a missile that struck the plane, he believes it would be a "complete accident."

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview