The best topic

Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Kobe Bryant Killed in Chopper Crash

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 03:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Kobe Bryant, one of the greatest NBA players of all-time and a superstar who transcended sports, was reportedly killed in a fiery helicopter crash in California on Sunday. He was 41.

According to multiple reports, Bryant was on a helicopter flying over Calabasas – a city of 23,000 people located about 30 miles northwest of downtown Los Angeles. TMZ Sports first reported that Bryant was killed in the crash. FOX Sports also confirmed the report of Bryant's death.

https://a57.foxnews.com/hp.foxnews.com/images/2020/01/1280/533/b516e9d18fbb0362dc7e2c0bf37bbda2.jpg?tl=1&ve=1">

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office said all five onboard had died. They did not confirm the identities of the passengers at the late-morning press conference.

Art Marrujo, a dispatch supervisor with the Los Angeles County Fire Department, told the Associated Press that firefighters worked to douse flames that spread through about an acre of dry brush.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Bryant would help lead the Lakers to five NBA championships and was a part of one of the best NBA dynasties alongside Shaquille O'Neal. Bryant and O'Neal won three straight NBA titles from 1999 to 2002. He then won two rings with Pau Gasol in 2009 and 2010.

"The Black Mamba" wrapped up his playing career in 2016. He played his final game against the Utah Jazz and finished with an epic performance – 60 points, four rebounds and four assists.

kiebers

He and his daughter were going to a basketball game his daughter was playing in. Another player and parent were killed as well. So I would imagine the 5th person killed was probably the pilot. Sad indeed.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Old Herman doesn't know much about jigaboo ball, but I know Bryant was one of the best.

Zetsu

Can't believe he's really gone, usually all the breaking news makes my mind numb, but this time it's just unreal.
Permanently off his rocker

cc

He was not yer typical athlete / celeb. He spent most of his time helping and teaching others

No bravado, rather humility .. an out of the spotlite family "regular" marriage and family ... unlike the majority who become self-absorbed

That is why I posted it .. .I'm not a celeb follower but he was a light years  above yer typical celeb types

Ironically his last tweet was major congrats to LeBron James who surpassed Bryant's 3 rd highest ever  point total last night  "Continuing to move the game forward @KingJames. Much respect my brother." He added a muscle emoji and the hashtag "#33644," the number of points needed for James to become the third-leading scorer in NBA history"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"Can't believe he's really gone, usually all the breaking news makes my mind numb, but this time it's just unreal.

It is indeed.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"He was not yer typical athlete / celeb. He spent most of his time helping and teaching others

No bravado, rather humility .. an out of the spotlite family "regular" marriage and family ... unlike the majority who become self-absorbed

That is why I posted it .. .I'm not a celeb follower but he was a light years  above yer typical celeb types

Ironically his last tweet was major congrats to LeBron James who surpassed Bryant's 3 rd highest ever  point total last night  "Continuing to move the game forward @KingJames. Much respect my brother." He added a muscle emoji and the hashtag "#33644," the number of points needed for James to become the third-leading scorer in NBA history"

We have a thread about celebrities that have passed on, but to be brutally frank I don't care. Kobe Bryant's death is different. Pro sports lost a legend, and the world lost someone who embodied the spirit of philanthropy. RIP Kobe.

Anonymous

TBH, when celebutards die, I say good riddance to bad rubbish. I don't know much about team sports, but I know Kobe was no stereotypical  celebutard. He'll be missed.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"TBH, when celebutards die, I say good riddance to bad rubbish. I don't know much about team sports, but I know Kobe was no stereotypical  celebutard. He'll be missed.

He was accused of rape about fifteen years ago, but the charges were thrown out. Actually, I don't know if he was charged.

Odinson

Some whore with whom he had sex with was trying to squeeze money off of him..

Women dont get punished for making false accusations... Thats due to PATRIARCHY..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Some whore with whom he had sex with was trying to squeeze money off of him..

Women dont get punished for making false accusations... Thats due to PATRIARCHY..

That has got to change. False allegations must have consequences.

kiebers

Heard this morning that 8 died in the crash.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Heard this morning that 8 died in the crash.

All jigaboos?

Odinson

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "kiebers"Heard this morning that 8 died in the crash.

All jigaboos?

Kobe Bryant and his daughter were the only jigaboos in that chopper.