News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Fashionista"UK pm Boris Johnson has tested positive for the coronavirus.

Wow, that is interesting.

I hope the Queen got to safety in time.

It's turning into a super big deal.

People are so used to what they traditionally do. Prince Charles was seen to just automatically extend his hand to shake hands but caught himself. Same with Trump until he realized he must stop.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

cc

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Does anyone really believe all of these numbers are accurate? Has anyone even considered that there are those infected who have not come forward? I also doubt very much that China is giving us accurate numbers. Does anyone believe that they are?

Many with light symptoms may not know in fact. The numbers only represent the known by authorities.

Certainly China has not stopped lying and hiding
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Fashionista"UK pm Boris Johnson has tested positive for the coronavirus.

Wow, that is interesting.

I hope the Queen got to safety in time.

It's turning into a super big deal.

People are so used to what they traditionally do. Prince Charles was seen to just automatically extend his hand to shake hands but caught himself. Same with Trump until he realized he must stop.

It's hard to adjust.

caskur

Well my husband and I always recoiled if someone tried to hug us...Even family.

But I notice my sons generation slobber over each other hugging and kissing their friends at school. I thought it was odd.

It is hard for men not to shake hands. It is automatic....

So people should be WASHING THEIR HANDS.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "caskur"Well my husband and I always recoiled if someone tried to hug us...Even family.

But I notice my sons generation slobber over each other hugging and kissing their friends at school. I thought it was odd.

It is hard for men not to shake hands. It is automatic....

So people should be WASHING THEIR HANDS.

I have changed my ways too because I am a hugger and a hand shaker. At a recent lunch with women, I was the newcomer. One of them invited me to join their group. I waved at them and said, "I come in peace."  :JC_howdy:  :laugh3:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Odinson

I think the India´s number means people not infected with the coronavirus..

724 people.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"I think the India´s number means people not infected with the coronavirus..

724 people.

Either they have strong immune systems or that number is bogus.

Gaon

3,035 Israelis have so far tested positive for the coronavirus, with the vast majority of cases mild and 79 recoveries. Twelve patients have died and 49 are in serious condition.
The Russian Rock It

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Does anyone really believe all of these numbers are accurate? Has anyone even considered that there are those infected who have not come forward? I also doubt very much that China is giving us accurate numbers. Does anyone believe that they are?

Many with light symptoms may not know in fact. The numbers only represent the known by authorities.

Certainly China has not stopped lying and hiding

:thumbup:
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

My vegan relative is so joyful that this COVID-19 has happened. He believes this is the pivoting point where more humans will reconsider meat eating and he thinks this will pave the way for a vegan future for all of mankind. He says there would be no pandemics if humans did not eat meat.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"My vegan relative is so joyful that this COVID-19 has happened. He believes this is the pivoting point where more humans will reconsider meat eating and he thinks this will pave the way for a vegan future for all of mankind. He says there would be no pandemics if humans did not eat meat.

He probably believes this started in a wet market in Wuhan too.

@realAzhyaAryola

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-maddow-coronavirus-clip-criticism-003339744.html">https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-ma ... 39744.html">https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-maddow-coronavirus-clip-criticism-003339744.html

Trump tweeted this to Rachel Madcow:

Thank you to Rachel @Maddow for putting our Military on full display, and showing how GREAT a job the Federal Government is doing! Also, a special thanks to General Semonite, a Patriot of the highest order and a truly talented engineer and builder!

Rachel Madcow's response:

"Hi, Mr. President," Maddow, typically a scorching Trump critic, responded in a surprisingly friendly tone. "Thanks for tweeting that interview."

Then her response started to take a turn: "Gen. Semonite and the Army Corps are indeed doing great work, but at nowhere near the scale that is needed." she added.

Maddow noted that the U.S. is "hundreds of thousands of hospital beds behind, months behind schedule, and we're about to see the number of sick patients surge and hospitals overflow in multiple US sites at once."

Then she got down to it, telling Trump flatly: "You personally are leading the worst national response of any industrialized nation in the world, in what is now the largest COVID-19 outbreak on earth."

Madcow then outlined the following to Trump in her tweet:

(1) Nationalize the supply chains for critical medical supplies -- you should have done that months ago. Fifty states fending for themselves is idiotic, but it persists day after day, week after week. You can fix this now.

(2) Get people like VP Pence and your son-in-law out of the way and bring in actual, experienced pandemic response experts and scientists to lead the response and brief the nation.

(3) Some Governors are following your zig-zagging and dithering lead and refusing even now to institute clear stay at home orders to slow the spread of the virus -- tell them unequivocally to change course, now.

(4) Prisons, jails, detention centers will be death traps for prisoners/detainees and staff. They'll also become leaking reservoirs of infection for every community -- order emergency decarceral measures, now, before it spreads wildly everywhere people are kept behind bars.

(5) We're going to need mass testing, a massive effort to isolate those with the virus (separate and apart from uninfected people staying home), a huge data-driven contact tracing effort, and a wartime-level mobilization of health workers and people to support them.

What do you all think of this exchange?
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"My vegan relative is so joyful that this COVID-19 has happened. He believes this is the pivoting point where more humans will reconsider meat eating and he thinks this will pave the way for a vegan future for all of mankind. He says there would be no pandemics if humans did not eat meat.

He surely does.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

He surely does.

Lots of people do.

Vancouver

Time is malleable