News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

You are consistently determined to blame it on the uS  .. to the point of clutching at straws , lol. WHY?

US has far fewer patients per capita than Europe

However it started, it started in China .. No one and no amount of deliberate  obfuscation  can change that China kept it secret for 2 months when so much could have been learned  .. even denied it

So much could have been learned during the 2 months if they had not concealed it  .. rather had invited our scientists to get a head start

You do know about Wuhan before the new year, right?  .. 80,000  .. at least China owns up to that many before the new year (ours)

I feel worse for Italy ... China tourists brought it there and really hurt that country  .. it's in a hell there now with a very high death rate .. also spain got creamed  badly via Chinese tourists .. also a very high death rate because these poor countries are overwhelmed and cannot deal with it

The perp is China - all other countries are victims of China's dictatorship .. no reputable scientist in the world   says otherwise (even WHO which is a pawn of China says so)

Fkk perp China and Fkk anyone trying to obfuscate that fact
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

It's China that fucked the US, Italy and Spain. The entire Western world.

cc

And before it's over, the entire world

Edit: We see upscale counties doing better than not so upscale ones. And the deathrate in not upscale ones like Italy and spain is staggering

I shudder when I think of  africa, India etc. .. chances of getting it  and the death rates for those who do will be huge .. . tragic

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"And before it's over, the entire world

Edit: We see upscale counties doing better than not so upscale ones. And the deathrate in not upscale ones like Italy and spain is staggering

I shudder when I think of  africa, India etc. .. chances of getting it  and the death rates for those who do will be huge .. . tragic

Old Jock was saying that India has better immunity than the West or Asia. I have been to India, and Africa. They aint for germaphobes.

cc

All not top tier countries have residents with immunity to the germs that reside there .. you would have noticed that in some of the places you worked. We noticed it in places we were in

Not so sure about a whole new animal like this virus

cc

https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/coronavirus-patients-taken-off-ventilators-after-getting-experimental-hiv-drug/">Coronavirus Patients Taken Off Ventilators and Out of ICU After Receiving Experimental Drug Leronlimab

Two coronavirus patients in New York City are off ventilators and out of intensive care after they received an experimental drug to treat HIV and breast cancer.

As the skyrocketing number of cases stretches city hospitals to the limit, doctors are racing to find out which drugs on the market or in development might help in fighting the infection.

The drug, leronlimab, is delivered by injection twice in the abdomen, the Daily Mail reported.

Of seven critically ill patients who received the drug in New York, two were removed from ventilators and two showed significant improvement.

Doctors right now don't know quite how leronlimab works, but studies suggest it calms the overly aggressive immune response.

cc

Chloroquine with Azithromycin are still producing very good results

caskur

" the overly aggressive immune response."

They're telling people to get flu shots here too, to promote aggressive immune responses.

That might be why kids are suffering less. All the kids get vaccinated against diseases including whooping cough.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Odinson

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/coronavirus-patients-taken-off-ventilators-after-getting-experimental-hiv-drug/">Coronavirus Patients Taken Off Ventilators and Out of ICU After Receiving Experimental Drug Leronlimab

Two coronavirus patients in New York City are off ventilators and out of intensive care after they received an experimental drug to treat HIV and breast cancer.

As the skyrocketing number of cases stretches city hospitals to the limit, doctors are racing to find out which drugs on the market or in development might help in fighting the infection.

The drug, leronlimab, is delivered by injection twice in the abdomen, the Daily Mail reported.

Of seven critically ill patients who received the drug in New York, two were removed from ventilators and two showed significant improvement.

Doctors right now don't know quite how leronlimab works, but studies suggest it calms the overly aggressive immune response.

That's good, but what about the anti malaria drug that showed terrific results? What's the hold up with that?

Edit, I missed this post, "Chloroquine with Azithromycin are still producing very good results"

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-maddow-coronavirus-clip-criticism-003339744.html">https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-ma ... 39744.html">https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-maddow-coronavirus-clip-criticism-003339744.html

Trump tweeted this to Rachel Madcow:

Thank you to Rachel @Maddow for putting our Military on full display, and showing how GREAT a job the Federal Government is doing! Also, a special thanks to General Semonite, a Patriot of the highest order and a truly talented engineer and builder!

Rachel Madcow's response:

"Hi, Mr. President," Maddow, typically a scorching Trump critic, responded in a surprisingly friendly tone. "Thanks for tweeting that interview."

Then her response started to take a turn: "Gen. Semonite and the Army Corps are indeed doing great work, but at nowhere near the scale that is needed." she added.

Maddow noted that the U.S. is "hundreds of thousands of hospital beds behind, months behind schedule, and we're about to see the number of sick patients surge and hospitals overflow in multiple US sites at once."

Then she got down to it, telling Trump flatly: "You personally are leading the worst national response of any industrialized nation in the world, in what is now the largest COVID-19 outbreak on earth."

Madcow then outlined the following to Trump in her tweet:

(1) Nationalize the supply chains for critical medical supplies -- you should have done that months ago. Fifty states fending for themselves is idiotic, but it persists day after day, week after week. You can fix this now.

(2) Get people like VP Pence and your son-in-law out of the way and bring in actual, experienced pandemic response experts and scientists to lead the response and brief the nation.

(3) Some Governors are following your zig-zagging and dithering lead and refusing even now to institute clear stay at home orders to slow the spread of the virus -- tell them unequivocally to change course, now.

(4) Prisons, jails, detention centers will be death traps for prisoners/detainees and staff. They'll also become leaking reservoirs of infection for every community -- order emergency decarceral measures, now, before it spreads wildly everywhere people are kept behind bars.

(5) We're going to need mass testing, a massive effort to isolate those with the virus (separate and apart from uninfected people staying home), a huge data-driven contact tracing effort, and a wartime-level mobilization of health workers and people to support them.

What do you all think of this exchange?

So no one here is outraged by Rachel Madcow?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Empty the prisons, that is how you make the natiom safer. What a wingnut, even by TDS standards.

cc

Dr. Fauci Tells CNN He Expects "Between 100,000 and 200,000" Coronavirus Deaths in US "Based on What We're Seeing"

He's Trumps head doc on this

Looking at the rate this is occurring despite efforts to stop it from spreading, I'm beginning to suspect this will not stop until everyone gets it and those who survive develop antibodies (meaning they generally become immune )

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Dr. Fauci Tells CNN He Expects "Between 100,000 and 200,000" Coronavirus Deaths in US "Based on What We're Seeing"

He's Trumps head doc on this

Looking at the rate this is occurring despite efforts to stop it from spreading, I'm beginning to suspect this will not stop until everyone gets it and those who survive develop antibodies (meaning they generally become immune )

Is that globally cc?

cc

If you are referring to Dr. Fauci, those numbers are US

We must keep in mind that it's all guesswork ... maybe educated guesswork

If you are referring to my comment, I meant globally