News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10761
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 05:48:35 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Here's how many are getting infected - stupidity - like duh, it wouldn't happen in a jock (m of f) shop

https://www.peacearchnews.com/news/surrey-gym-linked-to-42-covid-19-cases/">Surrey gym linked to at least 42 COVID-19 "known" cases

Platinum Athletic Club says people attended club while waiting for COVID-19 test results

Double Duh
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Gaon

The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390716 time=1605583846 user_id=88
Here's how many are getting infected - stupidity - like duh, it wouldn't happen in a jock (m of f) shop

https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/shhzdcy/s7iwolzo/p2/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/sbgpzuqgqvutyk/stuv/p2/news/surrey-gym-linked-to-42-covid-19-cases/">Surrey gym linked to at least 42 COVID-19 "known" cases

Platinum Athletic Club says people attended club while waiting for COVID-19 test results

Double Duh

:001_rolleyes:

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390716 time=1605583846 user_id=88

Surrey gym linked to at least 42 COVID-19 "known" cases

Double Duh

They should get heavy fines.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390684 time=1605562633 user_id=88
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/icu-admissions-alberta-email-1.5803005?cmp=newsletter_Coronavirus%20Brief_2580_218384">Alberta ICU admissions could double in 2 weeks, leaked AHS email says

There are also concerns about capacity in Alberta, which on Sunday hit nearly 82 per cent of its COVID-19 intensive care capacity with 58 of 70 beds filled, according to numbers posted to the provincial website.

An internal email obtained by CBC News lays out three potential ICU scenarios over the next two weeks. At the current rate, the province could see admissions hit 120 by early December, 50 more than Alberta's current capacity. If that trend starts to level out, the projection drops to around 78 occupied beds, while the most optimistic scenario projects 45 COVID-19 patients will be in intensive care by early next month.

Without new beds, doctors at the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Edmonton will be looking to treat intensive care patients in areas such as recovery rooms, operating theatres or cardiac units, Dr. Darren Markland, an intensive care physician at the Royal Alex, told CBC News.

"I think that everybody is tired and frustrated and scared and nobody wants to go to a lockdown. If this was two weeks ago, we could've done things that would've prevented it. But we haven't," Markland said.

[This makes sense as rise in ICU hospitalization for serious cases follows the "today's (or any day's) increasing new cases by 1 - 2 weeks ]

----------------------------------------

They have not given breakdown yet for some reason, but we are up 1,959 total for Sat, Sun, Mon (that's up for us) & 9 deaths (likely cumulative for 3 days, but reporting is bad today)

Again Alta has only sketchy info (they had reporting system  issues last week) Today > 860 new cases and 20 deaths on Monday (While info is sketchy, appears that's for today but possible it's cumulative over weekend, not enough info to be sure)

Dunno what's happening with reporting for both provinces

Manitoba - 392 new cases & 10 deaths (that's 35 for the 3 days from Sat)

The recent increases are starting to show with many more deaths now

It's getting out of hand here. Deaths in nursing homes are rising again. A large number of people in ICU are senior's. They must have let their guard down. Long term care facilities should never have come out of lock downs until all the patients and staff have been vaccinated.

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=390735 time=1605590279 user_id=56
Long term care facilities should never have come out of lock downs until all the patients and staff have been vaccinated.

Could not agree more strongly than I do, and have from the start

Must allow this, tho. Most care homes hit here are from staff bringing it in and who one can't lockdown in the care homes .. so it can be hard to fix

The temperature check often does  not catch it in staff until it's too late

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390754 time=1605596497 user_id=88
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=390735 time=1605590279 user_id=56
Long term care facilities should never have come out of lock downs until all the patients and staff have been vaccinated.

Could not agree more strongly than I do, and have from the start

Must allow this, tho. Most care homes hit here are from staff bringing it in and who one can't lockdown in the care homes .. so it can be hard to fix

The temperature check often does  not catch it in staff until it's too late

They could test staff weekly.

cc

I believe they do testing. Problem with it is that it may be a day or more before infection shows up and that person slips through.

Also without the instant test kits, of which I'm not sure of the reliability, it takes time for results

It really is a bad situation with no sure way out of it .. no for sure magic bullet

Anonymous

It will feel like a long time until spring.

'A big sigh of relief': Trudeau says coronavirus vaccines in spring will begin end of pandemic

"It's not going to be until the spring hits with the vaccines that we're really going to see, begin to see the other side of this," Trudeau said.

It's a message he reiterated throughout the interview.

Speaking in Ottawa last week, Trudeau said he hopes to see a potential COVID-19 vaccine roll out in early 2021.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7467464/coronavirus-trudeau-tough-winter-spring-vaccine/">https://globalnews.ca/news/7467464/coro ... g-vaccine/">https://globalnews.ca/news/7467464/coronavirus-trudeau-tough-winter-spring-vaccine/

Anonymous

The Pfizer vaccine is ninety five per cent effective and the company will appky for emergency use authorization from the American FDA within days.

(CNN)A final analysis of the Phase 3 trial of Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine shows it was 95% effective in preventing infections, even in older adults, and caused no serious safety concerns, the company said Wednesday.

Pfizer will seek EUA 'within days'

Pfizer said it will seek US Food and Drug Administration emergency use authorization "within days."

"These data also will be submitted to other regulatory agencies around the world," Pfizer said. They plan to publish the data in a peer-reviewed scientific journal, as well.

Pfizer will seek EUA 'within days'

Pfizer said it will seek US Food and Drug Administration emergency use authorization "within days."

"These data also will be submitted to other regulatory agencies around the world," Pfizer said. They plan to publish the data in a peer-reviewed scientific journal, as well.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/18/health/pfizer-coronavirus-vaccine-safety/index.html">https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/18/health/p ... index.html">https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/18/health/pfizer-coronavirus-vaccine-safety/index.html

cc

Good stuff - 95 % too

I like that they are sending the same data they give the US Govt for approval to other countries around the world - I would imagine that others will do that too

Approval should be in place before it even gets here

Trudy better get her ass in gear and make sure they approve fast (Damn I don't trust him to to work hard for us or to do right by us)

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390936 time=1605722072 user_id=88
Good stuff - 95 too

I like that they are sending the same data they give the US Govt to other countries around the world - I would imagine that others will do that too

Approval should be in place before it even gets here

Trudy better get her ass in gear and make sure they approve fast (Damn I don't trust him to to work hard for us or to do right by us)

There is no time for bureaucratic, regulatory games.

cc

Yes. There is no time for bureaucratic, regulatory games.

For sure.

There was CBC news out yesterday of Trudy and his top scientist about how long it would take & it had a very negative / defeatist feel to it

The US Govt were on this day one and made what others said impossible happen & will continue that type of effort so long as "the Doer" is still in charge

Trudy best get with the program or Ottawa will be attacked and him killed by an army of 1000s of heavily armed "cheated" Care Home residents ... and with all the life experience they have attained they can be extremely effective &  horrendously brutal when their and their loved ones  lives are at stake

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=390939 time=1605722843 user_id=88
Yes. There is no time for bureaucratic, regulatory games.

For sure.

There was CBC news out yesterday of Trudy and his top scientist about how long it would take & it had a very negative / defeatist feel to it

The US Govt were on this day one and made what others said impossible happen & will continue that type of effort so long as "the Doer" is still in charge

Trudy best get with the program or Ottawa will be attacked and him killed by an army of 1000s of heavily armed "cheated" Care Home residents ... and with all the life experience they have attained they can be extremely effective &  horrendously brutal when their and their loved ones  lives are at stake

I'm not confident that our pm won't play regulatory games with vaccines..

In the early stages of the pandemic, our premier was buying emergency medical supplies from countries like Germany, Britain, and Australia..

Health Canada warned about the dangers of buying medical supplies from sources Health Canada hadn't approved.

:001_rolleyes:

Anonymous

China's Sinovac coronavirus vaccine induces quick immune response: study

Sinovac Biotech's experimental coronavirus vaccine CoronaVac triggered a quick immune response but the level of antibodies produced was lower than in people who had recovered from the disease, according to preliminary trial results.

While the early to mid-stage trials were not designed to assess the efficacy of CoronaVac, researchers said it could provide sufficient protection, based on their experience with other vaccines and data from preclinical studies with macaques.

The study comes hot on the heels of upbeat news this month from U.S. drugmakers Pfizer and Moderna as well as Russia that showed their experimental vaccines were over 90 per cent effective based on interim data from large, late-stage trials

CoronaVac and four other experimental vaccines developed in China are currently undergoing late-stage trials to determine their effectiveness in preventing COVID-19.

The Sinovac findings, published on Tuesday in a peer-reviewed paper in medical journal The Lancet Infectious Diseases, came from results in Phase I and Phase II clinical trials in China involving more than 700 participants.

"Our findings show that CoronaVac is capable of inducing a quick antibody response within four weeks of immunization by giving two doses of the vaccine at a 14-day interval," Zhu Fengcai, one of the authors of the paper, said.

Sinovac is currently running three Phase 3 trials in Indonesia, Brazil and Turkey.

The results must be interpreted with caution until Phase III results are published, Naor Bar-Zeev, a professor from Johns Hopkins University who was not involved in the study, said.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7469921/china-sinovac-coronavirus-vaccine-update/">https://globalnews.ca/news/7469921/chin ... ne-update/">https://globalnews.ca/news/7469921/china-sinovac-coronavirus-vaccine-update/