News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10568
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:58:34 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

cc

I'm not sayin nothin till the guy in the conspiracy car with the annoying sun roof tells me his expert opinion

He can't be wrong on everything

Although ... The mouse plague is more relevant to reality  than his blabber
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=412370 time=1622523974 user_id=88
Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=412339 time=1622499092 user_id=2015
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=412324 time=1622489283 user_id=3254
Manitobans who received AstraZeneca as their first dose of COVID-19 and meet the current second-dose eligibility criteria are now eligible to receive either mRNA — Pfizer or Moderna — vaccines as their second dose.

I don't want to be a guinea pig. I don't know of any clinical trials where vaccines have been mixed.

I don't have a final opinion formed yet, but UK & Israel have done a great deal of testing on this

They have been mixing vaccines in those countries?

cc

Israel & UK in working in collaboration  have been running large scale very successful  tests for several months - I'm not sure if they are doing it as a regular thing yet or not.

With antibody and other tests, they found stronger protection was achieved in most cases using an 2 brands

I wanted to consider that, but missed by a few days (see below) .. although BC is just now reserving AZ for second shots & we rally don't get much Moderna in Canada. It's mainly Pfizer that has come through with more than promised

CTV This Morning - https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/national-vaccine-panel-to-recommend-mixing-and-matching-covid-19-vaccines-1.5451067">National vaccine panel to recommend mixing and matching COVID-19 vaccines

CTV News has confirmed that Canada's National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) is changing its guidelines to allow for mixing and matching COVID-19 vaccines.

NACI will update its guidance to the provinces and territories on Tuesday. [today]

cc

At This Time ? when province is overwhelmed? such that the Feds are flying people to ON & Sask?... May their union "leaders" rot in hell

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/manitoba-nurses-preparing-for-possible-strike-action-what-it-could-mean-for-icus-1.5450608">? Damn ..  Manitoba nurses preparing for possible strike action; what it could mean for ICUs

WINNIPEG -- Manitoba nurses are preparing for a possible strike action as talks with the province on a new collective bargaining agreement have stalled.

cc

As expected, it's official now

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/national-vaccine-panel-recommends-mixing-and-matching-covid-19-vaccines-1.5451067">National vaccine panel recommends mixing and matching COVID-19 vaccines

Federal health officials announced the updated guidance during a press briefing on Tuesday, with NACI recommending that a first dose of the AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine can safely be combined with a second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna shots "unless contraindicated."

The new guidance from NACI also advises that the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines can be mixed for first and second doses as the mRNA technology is similar.

That should drive the cultists into deeper frenzy  ac_biggrin  

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=412404 time=1622567697 user_id=88
As expected, it's official now

National vaccine panel recommends mixing and matching COVID-19 vaccines

Federal health officials announced the updated guidance during a press briefing on Tuesday, with NACI recommending that a first dose of the AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine can safely be combined with a second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna shots "unless contraindicated."

The new guidance from NACI also advises that the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines can be mixed for first and second doses as the mRNA technology is similar.

That should drive the cultists into deeper frenzy  ac_biggrin  

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

cc

Not sure how it will work.

Here  we have stock retained for AZ .. but I believe anyone who had AZ can pass on it and get an RNA (likely Pfizer) for 2nd

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=412410 time=1622574752 user_id=88

Here  we have stock retained for AZ .. but I believe anyone who had AZ can pass on it and get an RNA (likely Pfizer) for 2nd

It's good that people like myself who got an AZ first dose have that option.

Anonymous

Second dose booking begins today for Albertans who received their first dose in March..

Those who received their first dose in April can book second doses starting June 14 and those who received their first dose in May can book their first dose on June 28.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=412420 time=1622585132 user_id=3254
Second dose booking begins today for Albertans who received their first dose in March..

Those who received their first dose in April can book second doses starting June 14 and those who received their first dose in May can book their first dose on June 28.

That's pretty good. Albertans will be double dosed by Labour Day, and in your case sooner.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=412418 time=1622584743 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=412410 time=1622574752 user_id=88

It's good that people like myself who got an AZ first dose have that option.

Data mainly from Europe   points to a considerably stronger immunity when AZ is topped up with an NRA type

Immediate effects can be a bit more severe than like brands x 2, but no examples of a big problem

Still most feel little after 2nd shot

For me Pfizer x 2 ? 0 .. nada

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=412420 time=1622585132 user_id=3254

The old lady and I shou;d find out when we can get our second jabs.

Frood

Director of the NIH, Dr. Collins (Fauci's Boss) throws Tony under the bus:

">https://hughhewitt.com/wp-content/uploa ... ollins.mp3">

Lulz...
Blahhhhhh...