News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10567
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:08:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Reading Seol's offering more closely, it also says

"The quercetin was used with sunflower lecithin, which has been demonstrated to increase absorption in the gut by as much as 20 times, compared to pure quercetin formulations."

I'll see if lecithin is available at my drugstore

The reason I put so much faith in this is that I had found top hospitals were using it over a year ago

This new info further supports it
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

From "SCIENCE" - RESEARCH ARTICLE

B & T CELLS - mRNA vaccines induce durable immune memory to SARS-CoV-2 and variants of concern[/url][/b]

Abstract

The durability of immune memory after SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccination remains unclear. Here, we longitudinally profiled vaccine responses in SARS-CoV-2 naïve and recovered individuals for 6 months after vaccination. Antibodies declined from peak levels but remained detectable in most subjects at 6 months. We found mRNA vaccines generated functional memory B cells that increased from 3-6 months post-vaccination, with the majority of these cells cross-binding the Alpha, Beta, and Delta variants. mRNA vaccination further induced antigen-specific CD4+ and CD8+ T cells, and early CD4+ T cell responses correlated with long-term humoral immunity. Recall responses to vaccination in individuals with pre-existing immunity primarily increased antibody levels without substantially altering antibody decay rates. Together, these findings demonstrate robust cellular immune memory to SARS-CoV-2 and variants for at least 6 months after mRNA vaccination.

------------ Immunological studies of SARS-CoV-2 infection show that memory B and T cell responses appear to persist for at least 8 months post-symptom onset (28, 29). However, the durability of these populations of memory B and T cells following vaccination remains poorly understood. The emergence of several SARS-CoV-2 variants, including B.1.1.7 (Alpha), B.1.351 (Beta), and B.1.617.2 (Delta), has also raised concerns about increased transmission and potential evasion from vaccine-induced immunity (30–33). As such, it is necessary to develop a more complete understanding of the trajectory and durability of immunological memory after mRNA vaccination, as well as how immune responses are affected by current variants of concern (VOCs). Moreover, the United States and other well-resourced countries have recently announced plans for a third vaccine booster dose, yet information on how pre-existing serological and cellular immunity to SARS-CoV-2 is boosted by mRNA vaccination remains limited. Specifically, it is unclear how different components of the immune response may benefit from boosting and whether boosting has any effect on the durability of these components. Here, we investigated these key questions by measuring SARS-CoV-2-specific antibody, memory B cell, and memory T cell responses through 6 months post-vaccination in a group of healthy subjects generating primary immune responses to 2 doses of mRNA vaccine compared with a group of SARS-CoV-2 recovered vaccinees generating recall responses from pre-existing immunity. These analyses provide insights into mRNA vaccine-induced immunological memory and may be relevant for future vaccine strategies, including recommendations for additional booster vaccine doses.

Anonymous

The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Friday suggested that the definition of what constitutes being "fully vaccinated" may change as boosters become more commonplace, echoing a move handed down several weeks ago by Israeli officials.

For now, in order to meet the CDC's criteria for being "fully vaccinated," one has to have two shots of either the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, or one dose of Johnson & Johnson's.

"We have not yet changed the definition of 'fully vaccinated.' We will continue to look at this. We may need to update our definition of 'fully vaccinated' in the future," CDC Director Rochelle Walensky told reporters in response to a question about whether the fully vaccinated status will one day be imperiled for those who have received two shots of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, or one dose of the J&J vaccine.

"If you're eligible for a booster, go ahead and get your booster and we will continue to follow," she added. Walensky did not offer a timeline or other details about a possible change.

Walensky's comments Friday represent a reversal of a previous position she took during a COVID-19 briefing. In late September, she said that federal health officials are not considering changing the definition of "fully vaccinated" for the time being.

cc

Not sure where that is going. ?????

Of course regs will change as time goes on and protection weakens accordingly ... in effect placing things back were they were initially

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=424823 time=1635087133 user_id=88

Of course regs will change as time goes on and protection weakens accordingly ... in effect placing things back were they were initially

Moving goalposts. And they will keep moving.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=424825 time=1635087609 user_id=114
Quote from: cc post_id=424823 time=1635087133 user_id=88

Moving goalposts. And they will keep moving.

That's subterfuge & very misleading

Just like all things in life this thing changes the goalposts  constantly ... + our knowledge about it changes constantly  .. it's called life  .. & growth if we still have that in us

If people cannot adapt to goal post changes of the beast and / or continuing knowledge improvement, they are not much of a people and deserve to be left behind grumbling

Growth & change is what the world has always been about from day one .. and survivors are not those who dig their heels in stubbornly & blabber on ... and turn it into a hokey "cause" ... human  survival  has always been for those who use their brains / the inherent ability  to assess, then to adapt, using fresh knowledge obtained to keep constant change around us from stopping us

cc

Past Weeks End Results Over Past 10 weeks -  Obtained Using each places own "total numbers" for each week via Worldomerter (The universally  accepted primo source of all)

Deaths / Case Expressed as a %age

U K   0.38%

U S   1.21%

CA   0.90%

BC    0.77%

AB   0.82%

ON   1.04%

FL   1.77%

TX   1.71%

IS   0.33%

Same Criteria - Deaths Expressed as One in "X" Persons Infected

U K   262

U S      82

CA      111

BC       129

AB      122

ON      96

FL      57

TX      58

IS      302

Heavily vaccinated UK & Israel show the way as usual .. They all are waaay better than a year ago

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=424909 time=1635104975 user_id=88
Past Weeks End Results Over Past 10 weeks -  Obtained Using each places own "total numbers" for each week via Worldomerter (The universally  accepted primo source of all)

U K   0.38%

U S   1.21%

CA   0.90%

BC    0.77%

AB   0.82%

ON   1.04%

FL   1.77%

TX   1.71%

IS   0.33%

U K   262

U S      82

CA      111

BC       129

AB      122

ON      96

FL      57

TX      58

IS      302

Heavily vaccinated UK & Israel show the way as usual .. They all are waaay better than a year ago

Vaccines save lives.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=424921 time=1635110321 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=424909 time=1635104975 user_id=88

U K   0.38%

U S   1.21%

CA   0.90%

BC    0.77%

AB   0.82%

ON   1.04%

FL   1.77%

TX   1.71%

IS   0.33%

U K   262

U S      82

CA      111

BC       129

AB      122

ON      96

FL      57

TX      58

IS      302

Vaccines save lives.

Clearly and a great many already

Something I want to mention as we tend to never think about Quebec. Initially, Quebec was hit harder than any others I have noticed for deaths / case  .. loosing almost 6 % of those infected

While even higher in the earliest days, scrolling down one year ago today it was 5.38% from beginning to a year ago

While current "from the gitgo" has come down to  2.71% (takes a lot of time & low rate to bring down the "from the gitgo" to today rate)  

... Striking is that for some time now their "last 10 weeks" rate has consistently for a while now been in the 0.50% - 0.55%

They have really turned around whatever they were doing wrong initially to keep people alive, to doing things right to obtain one of the better "current" rates anywhere ... better than Alberta (longtime leader) and BC (pretty fair next to Alberta)

I'd really like to know what they are now doing / using to keep people alive "today"-

I know it's highly vaccinated, but so are we .. so it has to be superior "treatments & care"

Anonymous

Quebec's long term care facilities were ravaged by COVID. Now every resident and all staff are vaccinated.

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=424988 time=1635186347 user_id=2015
Quebec's long term care facilities were ravaged by COVID. Now every resident and all staff are vaccinated.

True, and boosters I think

That would explain catching up to others

However, they are actually now doing much better than most others (consistently for past several months in fact) at keeping the infected alive today .. so they must be doing something better on treatments

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=424991 time=1635186695 user_id=88
Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=424988 time=1635186347 user_id=2015

True, and boosters I think

That would explain catching up to others

However, they are actually now doing much better than most others (consistently for past several months in fact) at keeping the infected alive today .. so they must be doing something better at treatments

Probably. I should check.

Breakfall

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=424268 time=1634647726 user_id=3254
Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=424266 time=1634641968 user_id=3358
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=423969 time=1634477703 user_id=1676
Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=423968 time=1634471897 user_id=3358
I've been trying to get a health certificate to bypass the double-shot entry that Australia has currently imposed on it's citizens, because I don't believe in the vaccines, and I have a heart murmur that predisposes me to blood clotting, but to no avail. However my mother in-law managed to get an exemption citing religious reasons...and she's not even religious! This is the world in which we live in.

I've got lifelong asthma, rheumatoid arthritis since I was 21, bouts of eczema, and some underlying and undiagnosed neurological condition that people in 2003-2004 couldn't work out at the time so they eventually referred me to shrinks...

I haven't seen a real physician since...

I manage my symptoms since.

And I won't be going to a doctor to pursue a rare medical exemption for it.

Fuck Kim Jong Dan....fuck the state run medical authorities.... fuck everyone.

I paid for a fake medical certificate. Lol

Are there consequences of you get caught?

Well technically, but I'm smart and wealthy! Lol

Don't think less of me xx Covid is rampant!

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=424993 time=1635186826 user_id=2015
Quote from: cc post_id=424991 time=1635186695 user_id=88

However, Quebec are actually now doing much better than most others (consistently for past several months in fact) at keeping the infected alive today .. so they must be doing something better at treatments

Probably. I should check.

For example, while double ON in the early days, in recent times they have consistently been 0.6% death / case rate and often lower while ON is slightly over 1 %  .. the highest of all major provinces. In fact, QB is now even better than the previous leaders, Alta & BC

Anonymous

Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=425250 time=1635418851 user_id=3358
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=424268 time=1634647726 user_id=3254
Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=424266 time=1634641968 user_id=3358
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=423969 time=1634477703 user_id=1676
Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=423968 time=1634471897 user_id=3358
I've been trying to get a health certificate to bypass the double-shot entry that Australia has currently imposed on it's citizens, because I don't believe in the vaccines, and I have a heart murmur that predisposes me to blood clotting, but to no avail. However my mother in-law managed to get an exemption citing religious reasons...and she's not even religious! This is the world in which we live in.

I've got lifelong asthma, rheumatoid arthritis since I was 21, bouts of eczema, and some underlying and undiagnosed neurological condition that people in 2003-2004 couldn't work out at the time so they eventually referred me to shrinks...

I haven't seen a real physician since...

I manage my symptoms since.

And I won't be going to a doctor to pursue a rare medical exemption for it.

Fuck Kim Jong Dan....fuck the state run medical authorities.... fuck everyone.

I paid for a fake medical certificate. Lol

Are there consequences of you get caught?

Well technically, but I'm smart and wealthy! Lol

Don't think less of me xx Covid is rampant!

I hope you know what you're doing Bonkerfist.