News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8530
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:52:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Americans are refusing to wear any form of face masks. They are in denial.

TVG, there's a shortage of surgical masks for hospital staff.

Frood

Quote from: "Blazor"The thing that worries me isnt this virus, its the panic. No food on shelves and restaurants about to close up. I have lots of canned goods and frozen items, but not much meat. Here in a couple weeks, folks gonna get crazy.

Just a suggestion, but if you don't already have any tinned products with meat or fish in them, buy some ham hocks, bacon bones, or a load of bacon...

You can make a lot of soups and stews with the bones and meat on them, and bacon keeps for awhile plus gives a full feeling...

Supply chains will eventually get back on track but they won't be offering the range of normal everyday meats and produce and they'll probably head towards a bit of rationing... governments are now hinting at it...

And it's springtime in the US soon... there's also the garden option...

And if you live near a body of water, fishing...

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"
Oh...I have an idea...

:001_tongue:

At least you're not from the Lone Star State... they love it when I call em Texicans...  ac_smile

:rules:  ac_beating

:laugh:

Sorry, Yosemite Sam...  ac_razz
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"I think the stores will be restocking throughout these times. Not too worried about it. I know where I can go to get meat. We have a helluva deer and wild hog population.

Nice on the deer!

Im told the Kroger warehouse is empty. Normally stuff gets shipped to the stores from the warehouse.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

My province of Ontario has declared a state of emergency. The move means that recreation centres, private schools, public libraries, bars, restaurants, movie theatres, concert venues and places of worship will close until March 30, at least. Malls and office buildings, for now, will remain open. No St Paddy's celebrations tonight.

Blazor

Quote from: "Blazor"The thing that worries me isnt this virus, its the panic. No food on shelves and restaurants about to close up. I have lots of canned goods and frozen items, but not much meat. Here in a couple weeks, folks gonna get crazy.

Just a suggestion, but if you don't already have any tinned products with meat or fish in them, buy some ham hocks, bacon bones, or a load of bacon...

You can make a lot of soups and stews with the bones and meat on them, and bacon keeps for awhile plus gives a full feeling...

Supply chains will eventually get back on track but they won't be offering the range of normal everyday meats and produce and they'll probably head towards a bit of rationing... governments are now hinting at it...

Right on!

I do have about 3lbs of bacon in the freezer, prolly 3-4lbs of chicken. I actually just made a pot of beans last week with a ham bone lol. I also have about 10 cans of tuna, smoked sausages, and sardines. Lots of canned beans and veggies on hand. Also plenty of dry beans and rice. Prolly 20 cans of soup lol. Several tv dinners and frozen pizzas. I guess Im good on food for 2-3 weeks before I run low, other than the meat thing. Oh and I have some MREs.

Oddly, I had a dream about fishing last night!

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"No St Paddy's celebrations tonight.

I feel for ya my friend  :sad:

Gonna be limited here too.

I heard, that in the event they close non essential state/government facilities, the liquor store will close too.

Frood

Quote from: "Blazor"

Right on!

I do have about 3lbs of bacon in the freezer, prolly 3-4lbs of chicken. I actually just made a pot of beans last week with a ham bone lol. I also have about 10 cans of tuna, smoked sausages, and sardines. Lots of canned beans and veggies on hand. Also plenty of dry beans and rice. Prolly 20 cans of soup lol. Several tv dinners and frozen pizzas. I guess Im good on food for 2-3 weeks before I run low, other than the meat thing. Oh and I have some MREs.

Special Fried Rice dishes can be made with a lot of those ingredients... and stretches out your meat...  ac_dunno

https://www.goodchefbadchef.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/W47_Special_Fried_Rice__A_-700x404.jpg">

So too bacon with pasta dishes...
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"For those in Canada the latest stats says 104 cases in BC, 177 in Ontario, and 74 in Alberta. 4 dead from the virus in BC.

4,667 cases in United States now. I just watched a YouTube video where young Americans on Spring break were partying like 1983. Pool parties, crazy crowded bars.

They are such a selfish lot of hedonistic bastards the yanks. I have little time for them.

Sickening!~

Obviously you haven't traveled abroad... yanks have got nothing on us and the Brits when it comes holidaying...

If you're talking about the Aussie piggies getting up to no good in Bali?

Yes, my mother has told me... She only went there 40 times.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

That is a good luck dream. A very good luck dream.

You're coming into some money.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"For those in Canada the latest stats says 104 cases in BC, 177 in Ontario, and 74 in Alberta. 4 dead from the virus in BC.

4,667 cases in United States now. I just watched a YouTube video where young Americans on Spring break were partying like 1983. Pool parties, crazy crowded bars.

They are such a selfish lot of hedonistic bastards the yanks. I have little time for them.

Sickening!~

Obviously you haven't traveled abroad... yanks have got nothing on us and the Brits when it comes holidaying...

If you're talking about the Aussie piggies getting up to no good in Bali?

Yes, my mother has told me... She only went there 40 times.

19th or 20th century?
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Right on!

Special Fried Rice dishes can be made with a lot of those ingredients... and stretches out your meat...  ac_dunno

https://www.goodchefbadchef.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/W47_Special_Fried_Rice__A_-700x404.jpg">

So too bacon with pasta dishes...

Mmmm fried rice, that looks good lol.

Thanks for the idea.

Blazor

That is a good luck dream. A very good luck dream.

You're coming into some money.

Me? Come into money? I highly doubt it lol.

But one can hope right lol?

Frood

There are whispers that all US freight packages sent out before Monday are being halted and that all US domestic air travel may be halted sometime Wednesday or Thursday...

We'll see if it's true, half true, or totally bogus info...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"There are whispers that all US freight packages sent out before Monday are being halted and that all US domestic air travel may be halted sometime Wednesday or Thursday...

The national curfew seems to be just a rumour for now.

Frood

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"There are whispers that all US freight packages sent out before Monday are being halted and that all US domestic air travel may be halted sometime Wednesday or Thursday...

The national curfew seems to be just a rumour for now.

This points to the freight not moving...

https://blog.aboutamazon.com/company-news/amazons-actions-to-help-employees-communities-and-customers-affected-by-covid-19">https://blog.aboutamazon.com/company-ne ... y-covid-19">https://blog.aboutamazon.com/company-news/amazons-actions-to-help-employees-communities-and-customers-affected-by-covid-19

Dunno about the domestic travel rumour though....
Blahhhhhh...