Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 08:57:58 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

You guys should ditch Spamhaus...q

Started by Anonymous, February 01, 2020, 09:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Again, another blocked IP address from Telus Castlegar.  Spent a few minutes writing a post in my By-Laws thread, and of course it got kicked when I went to post it.

You have blocked the IP addresses in an area the size of New Jersey.

Can't post from home now either, as the dish to tower internet is down in the area for a few days now too!

I have no cell service there either!   :laugh:

I do have a landline though, for times like these, in case I've fallen and can't get up...

caskur

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Blurt

Aimin\' to misbehave.

caskur

Quote from: "Blurt"We wouldn't have to put up with televangelists anymore.

Now that would be a plus!~
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Blurt

Aimin\' to misbehave.

caskur

Quote from: "Blurt"Or with boring nature shows.

Now that would be terrible.
- Andy Warhol

Blurt

Yeah, you'd actually have to go outside to start enjoying nature.

Ain't nobaddy gat tam f'dat!
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"Again, another blocked IP address from Telus Castlegar.  Spent a few minutes writing a post in my By-Laws thread, and of course it got kicked when I went to post it.

Can't post from home now either, as the dish to tower internet is down in the area for a few days now too!

I do have a landline though, for times like these, in case I've fallen and can't get up...

I thought I did disable Spamhaus.

ac_umm

caskur

Quote from: "Blurt"Yeah, you'd actually have to go outside to start enjoying nature.

Ain't nobaddy gat tam f'dat!

Where do you think my bird pictures come from or my sunsets... hmmm?

I just have to look out my window to see skinks run by, tho. I should go pick my grapes...
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
I thought I did disable Spamhaus.

ac_umm

You didn't!

Anonymous

Spamhaus is well and active on your forum.  From Nelson, to Castlegar, and everywhere in between, it is very active.

Who Hosts this place?  The only reason I ask, is that a poster at The Tavern also claimed to have issues posting, which could have only happened at the server level, and another reason I told Vesna to stuff it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"Again, another blocked IP address from Telus Castlegar.  Spent a few minutes writing a post in my By-Laws thread, and of course it got kicked when I went to post it.

So Mel...the things we warned about livin in the boonies has come to fruition, eh?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"Spamhaus is well and active on your forum.  From Nelson, to Castlegar, and everywhere in between, it is very active.

Who Hosts this place?  The only reason I ask, is that a poster at The Tavern also claimed to have issues posting, which could have only happened at the server level, and another reason I told Vesna to stuff it.

Shen Li says she can't see anything mmb.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Shen Li says she can't see anything mmb.

She brought that up while I still ran The Tavern.

That was not supposed to happen, as I was to be given full autonomy of that sub.

The Serbian host could still block things at a server level, which obviously has been done in this case.

Another reason why I pulled the plug there...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview