Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 04, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=405890 time=1616380812 user_id=88
I'm not trying to yell fire in a theater, in fact I'm not letting it bother me yet ... but the EU can see what we see  .. that UK is doing well as more get vaccinated, and some others are doing well and have no where near the vaccinated of the UK

The possibility you're mentioning could happen.

cc

That should have read ...." but the EU can see what we see .. that UK is doing well as more get vaccinated, and some others are NOT doing well and have no where near the vaccinated of the UK "

I think you interpreted what I meant to say correctly anyhow
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

In Alberta, 46 per cent of people in hospital, and 88 pre cent of those in ICU are under age sixty five.

Anonymous

Alberta recorded 456 new cases today including 110 varients..

The province will not be moving ahead with Step Three of the reopening plan.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=405972 time=1616450055 user_id=3254
In Alberta, 46 per cent of people in hospital, and 88 pre cent of those in ICU are under age sixty five.

BC is finding similar. Younger people are being hit hard ... several 30s & 40s & some 20s

This was strongly addressed in today's briefing ... less elders sick but hospitalizations & ICU numbers remain constant

cc

https://www.kelownacapnews.com/news/younger-people-with-covid-now-requiring-longer-hospital-icu-stays-dr-henry/?utm_source=BlackPressMedia&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=news-alerts">Younger people with COVID now requiring longer hospital, ICU stays: Dr. Henry

Recent cases of people in their 30s and 40s 'severely affected' by the novel coronavirus

There's been a "concerning" increase in the number of younger people ending up in hospital or intensive care due to COVID-19, B.C.'s top doctor said Monday (March 22).

According to provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry, while many of the older, more vulnerable British Columbians have now received their first dose of the vaccine, younger people remain at risk.

"What we're seeing is that people in our community, younger age groups, requiring hospitalization and needing to be hospitalized for longer periods of time," Henry said during a COVID-19 press conference where she reported nearly 1,800 cases and 15 deaths over the weekend. "It is those people who are now dying from this."

Anonymous

Alberta recorded 465 new cases and three deaths today.

cc

We are slowly climbing .. and many more younger people (30s & 40s) in hospital and ICU (as I posted earlier)

Frood

Quote from: cc post_id=406108 time=1616562110 user_id=88
We are slowly climbing .. and many more younger people (30s & 40s) in hospital and ICU (as I posted earlier)

60% of us more rural people haven't been wearing masks out of defiance for months here... I would have thought it was the opposite in the city too but went to a large mall today and 75% weren't wearing masks!  ac_toofunny

No Karen's anywhere... people happy to do their own thing... no cops because they'd get creamed...
Blahhhhhh...

cc

Alberta has identified more COVID-19 variants of concern to date than any other province, https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-ontario-covid-19-variants-interprovincial-1.5960517">but the variants are actually estimated to have gained a larger foothold in Ontario.

How can that be?

Like with so many things related to COVID-19 in Canada, it's complicated.

Interprovincial comparisons are especially tricky because every province measures and reports its COVID-19 data a little differently, and this includes data on variants of concern.

These mutated versions of the coronavirus are especially worrisome to public health officials because they can be more transmissible and vaccines may be less effective against them.

The total number of variant cases in Ontario has been described as a drastic undercount of the real situation, due to the time it takes the province to complete genetic analysis of virus samples — a process that can take up to three weeks.

Alberta, by contrast, reports most of its variants of concern (known as VOCs) without waiting for full genetic analysis if the initial screening identifies a telltale mutation in the virus.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=406124 time=1616603058 user_id=88
Alberta has identified more COVID-19 variants of concern to date than any other province, http://server9.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sfi/skkm/sijk/p2/news/canada/calgary/alberta-ontario-covid-19-variants-interprovincial-1.5960517">but the variants are actually estimated to have gained a larger foothold in Ontario.

How can that be?

Like with so many things related to COVID-19 in Canada, it's complicated.

Interprovincial comparisons are especially tricky because every province measures and reports its COVID-19 data a little differently, and this includes data on variants of concern.

These mutated versions of the coronavirus are especially worrisome to public health officials because they can be more transmissible and vaccines may be less effective against them.

The total number of variant cases in Ontario has been described as a drastic undercount of the real situation, due to the time it takes the province to complete genetic analysis of virus samples — a process that can take up to three weeks.

Alberta, by contrast, reports most of its variants of concern (known as VOCs) without waiting for full genetic analysis if the initial screening identifies a telltale mutation in the virus.

All I know is that it will be a while before life returns to the way it was.

cc

Anonymous

Alberta added 692 new cases today including 202 variants.

Frood

This thread is an echo chamber for ignorance...
Blahhhhhh...

cc

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=406155 time=1616641113 user_id=1676
This thread is an echo chamber for ignorance...

While of course you are always welcome to post, fun to watch in fact ...

you could so easily change that by not posting in it

Easy Peasy solution  ac_smile