The best topic

Replies: 8528
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:05:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=406829 time=1617244069 user_id=1689
Judging by the daily numbers in the two provinces West of here, there will be major lockdowns in both of them.

Guaranteed.

cc

Page turned so Ill repost > We already are in MAJOR lockdown as of last night .. mainly nothing / zero allowed inside

Whistler completely closed etc. etc.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=406837 time=1617245420 user_id=88
Page turned so Ill repost > We already are in MAJOR lockdown as of last night .. mainly nothing / zero allowed inside

Whistler completely closed etc. etc.

I didn't know that cc..

All restaurants and hair salons are closed again I assume?

cc

YES Everything

The Ontario government is moving to activate an "emergency brake" for four weeks across the entire province in response to rising COVID-19 cases and strained capacity at intensive care units, multiple sources tell Global News.

They had just a few days ago opened full Care Homes - Like as if nothing ever happened - I'm hoping they will scale that of all things  way back  .. Much as I want to visit, We don't need unvaccinated residents and staff  hit again = floors locked down, Zero visits  etc etc.. Just 1 and they have to lock down floor and all visiting etc (I don't know why they planned to fully open them so fast)

Someone said "Whatever happened to baby steps??

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

How long did your provincial government say the lockdown will last?

cc

Not sure .. any dates only apply when numbers are down anyhow

cc

https://twitter.com/TheTorontoSun/status/1377380470770475008">https://twitter.com/TheTorontoSun/statu ... 0770475008">https://twitter.com/TheTorontoSun/status/1377380470770475008

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=406847 time=1617247866 user_id=88
Not sure .. any dates only apply when numbers are down anyhow

During our last lockdown, the Kenney government said it would last four weeks....it was seven I believe.

Anonymous

Alberta reported 875 new cases today with 322 being variants and four deaths.

Anonymous

The Ford government is imposing a provincewide emergency brake as a result of an alarming surge  in case numbers and COVID-19 hospitalizations across the province. The provincewide emergency brake will be effective Saturday, April 3, 2021, at 12:01 a.m. and the government intends to keep this in place for at least four weeks.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=406947 time=1617314188 user_id=3254
Alberta reported 875 new cases today with 322 being variants and four deaths.

Today we dropped below Alta in cases .. and considerably fewer variants

This may be an anomaly

This is good - Bonnie took time out to explain things - A lot of really deep info on vaccines, how they work, how long it takes to become effective, how great they ALL are on reducing symptoms greatly .. and just about everything they and the entire world knows to date

While BC, it applies to everyone

Bonnie starts about 6 minutes in and covers a lot of ground
">

Anonymous

Alberta's daily COVID-19 case counts are back over 1,000 after the province logged an "estimated" 1,100 new cases Friday.

ac_wot

cc

We get no report today, but will tomorrow .. fell back 200 yesterday but trend overall not great .. Proportionally, we are about equal to you guys

Only massive vaccination will really change things as it is doing dramatically in in UK & Israel .. then UK made their own & Israel ordered early and massively (I'm not sure if they are producing at home under license or not)

unlike Trudy who tried to shack up with China  :oeudC:

Today UK = down to 3,400 cases and falling daily, France next door = 46,500 & rising rapidly

Israel = 251 which proportionally is even well less than UK

All of which  which says it all

cc

What is noticeable here, is that our overall death rate / case (calculated from the very start) has almost caught up to you guys (Alta has always been ahead of us and ahead of  the best in the world from the start)

and in fact, over past 4 weeks we are now  somewhat lower .. although you guys have always right from the start been lower than most places in the world including Florida & Texas on death rate / case

Now, even calculated overall since start we are both better than those 2 best states on death rate / case .. Florida & Texas