The best topic

Replies: 10565
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:10:10 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Thiel

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 15 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Oh Goody

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/washington-county-that-borders-b-c-dealing-with-covid-19-surge-as-canada-begins-welcoming-americans-1.5547471">Washington county that borders B.C. dealing with COVID-19 surge as Canada begins welcoming Americans

VANCOUVER -- The Washington State county immediately south of Metro Vancouver is dealing with "a significant increase in COVID-19 activity," health officials there said Friday.

This week's case count in Whatcom County - home to Blaine and Bellingham, popular cross-border shopping destinations before the pandemic - was the fourth-highest the county has seen since the start of the pandemic, officials said in a news release.

"We are all disappointed that we're entering another significant surge, after much community effort to re-open our economy and ensure access to vaccines," said Erika Lautenbach, director of the Whatcom County Health Department, in the release.

[That would be Whatcom County - I can see it from here]
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=418098 time=1629075083 user_id=88
Oh Goody

https://server3.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sfi/safoyhgq/sss/p2/washington-county-that-borders-b-c-dealing-with-covid-19-surge-as-canada-begins-welcoming-americans-1.5547471">Washington county that borders B.C. dealing with COVID-19 surge as Canada begins welcoming Americans

VANCOUVER -- The Washington State county immediately south of Metro Vancouver is dealing with "a significant increase in COVID-19 activity," health officials there said Friday.

This week's case count in Whatcom County - home to Blaine and Bellingham, popular cross-border shopping destinations before the pandemic - was the fourth-highest the county has seen since the start of the pandemic, officials said in a news release.

"We are all disappointed that we're entering another significant surge, after much community effort to re-open our economy and ensure access to vaccines," said Erika Lautenbach, director of the Whatcom County Health Department, in the release.

[That would be Whatcom County - I can see it from here]

That sucks.

cc

Yes. Have not seen daughter in 1 1/2 years ... even though I can almost see her city from here

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=418104 time=1629077360 user_id=88
Yes. Have not seen daughter in 1 1/2 years ... even though I can almost see her city from here

Jesus H, that is rough ceec. I am at my son's place in Regina right now.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=418104 time=1629077360 user_id=88

:sad:

Anonymous

Both Alberta and BC recored over 1400 cases over the past three days.

Anonymous

Alberta and BC continue to lead Canada in the number of daily cases with 407 cases today here and 501 in BC.

Anonymous

I wonder how some countries in East-Central Europe have kept their daily cases so low.

Anonymous

Dr. Deena Hinshaw, Alberta's chief medical officer of health, noted on Twitter that 76.3 per cent of people admitted to regular hospital beds were unvaccinated and 17.5 per cent partially vaccinated..

Of those in the ICU, 90.7 per cent were unvaccinated and 4.7 per cent were partially vaccinated.

Anonymous

Alberta recored 678 cases today.....the highest daily count since May..

Senty seven per cent of Albertans over the age of twelve have received one dose and 68,2 per cent are fully vaccinated.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=418395 time=1629326129 user_id=3254

Seventy seven per cent of Albertans over the age of twelve have received one dose and 68,2 per cent are fully vaccinated.

That's strange. We are at 82.8% first & 73.8%  second  as of today (for over 12 years old)

That's 5% in each category ... earlier on we were quite equal

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=418404 time=1629333049 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=418395 time=1629326129 user_id=3254

Seventy seven per cent of Albertans over the age of twelve have received one dose and 68,2 per cent are fully vaccinated.

That's strange. We are at 82.8% first & 73.8%  second  as of today (for over 12 years old)

That's 5% in each category ... earlier on we were quite equal

Alberta is higher than Saskatchewan. We have just under 73 percent with one dose and 57.5 percent with two doses.

Anonymous

This is very good news.

90% of patients treated with new Israeli drug discharged in 5 days

The Phase II trial for an Israeli COVID drug saw some 29 out of 30 patients, moderate to serious, recover within days.

Some 93% of 90 coronavirus serious patients treated in several Greek hospitals with a new drug developed by a team at Tel Aviv's Sourasky Medical Center as part of the Phase II trial of the treatment were discharged in five days or fewer.

The Phase II trial confirmed the results of Phase I, which was conducted in Israel last winter and saw 29 out of 30 patients in moderate to serious condition recover within days.

"The main goal of this study was to verify that the drug is safe," Prof. Nadir Arber said. "To this day we have not registered any significant side effect in any patient from both groups."

CD24 is a small protein that is anchored to the membrane of the cells and it serves many functions including regulating the mechanism responsible for the cytokine storm.

Arber stressed that their treatment, EXO-CD24, does not affect the immune system as a whole, but only targets this specific mechanism, helping find again its correct balance.

"This is precision medicine," he said. "We are very happy that we have found a tool to tackle the physiology of the disease."

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/covid-90-percent-of-patients-treated-with-new-israeli-drug-discharged-in-5-days-675961?fbclid=IwAR3lP3HgqyPY0xIRR6MenVMRVY-rykJEdRmxoVxo_cO7V_pdJ-Ie6hj6oxs">https://www.jpost.com/health-science/co ... -Ie6hj6oxs">https://www.jpost.com/health-science/covid-90-percent-of-patients-treated-with-new-israeli-drug-discharged-in-5-days-675961?fbclid=IwAR3lP3HgqyPY0xIRR6MenVMRVY-rykJEdRmxoVxo_cO7V_pdJ-Ie6hj6oxs

cc

Very good. On to stage 3 trials

Little Israel is always in the forefront

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=418416 time=1629337304 user_id=88
Very good. On to stage 3 trials

Little Israel is always in the forefront

I hope this treatment is distributed all over the world just like vaccines.