The best topic

Replies: 10553
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:28:38 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

"I'll not be entering an ongoing a pissing match on this" = Squat, squeeze, wipe, run
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=433920 time=1641688487 user_id=1560
Quote from: cc post_id=433895 time=1641684796 user_id=88
Aw, so now the pontification attack pack has decides that I have no right to comment on things

Short of purchasing the site, Good luck with that

I'll not be entering an ongoing a pissing match on this

Your paranoia is disturbing.

One person does not constitute a "pack". That you think that I act in concert with others, or that there is some organised plot against you is simple minded delusion.

You have every right to comment on anything. So does EVERY other member here. If you poke your nose in where it is neither warranted nor required then your complaint that others do the same has a hint of "Karen" about it.

If posts made by people in a web forum makes you angry, I repeat; take a break.

Very classy using "hint of" with the Karen. You didn't call her a Karen. You suggested that cc was exhibiting characteristics of a Karen... Karen traits, so to speak. cc shouldn't go Karen over that.

You've been very caring....
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Sometimes I need to show my mature and wise characteristics.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=433846 time=1641617822 user_id=2015
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=433686 time=1641532293 user_id=114
Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=433660 time=1641524563 user_id=2015
Quote from: cc post_id=433656 time=1641523757 user_id=88
Yes. It is far out of control everywhere now

The only good new is for those vaxxed as they are in general getting much less ill and are far less likely to need hospital  + on average  have a shorter stay if they did need it

That is supported by hospital data (which is very easy to keep track of)  from every province, country and state

All other news is not good

I know I still might catch it. Omicron gets around imunity. Especially when I have to operate a locomotive with a conductor sitting one metre away. We have a communal kitchen in the bunkhouse. But, with three doses my chances of catching it and passing it on are reduced. My chances of being a burden on the health care system are really low. It is called being a responsible adult.

I do not mean to be a dick and use your PI against you, but you have posted that you were an alcoholic at one time in your life. If you had developed diabetes or cirrhosis of the liver, using your own words, you would have been "a burden on the health care system." Such reasoning is hypocritical and flawed.

What a dumb comparison. I didn't choose to be an alcoholic. I had a disease. These selfish anti vax assholes don't have a disease besides stupidity. The unvaxxed cost us more money and delay surgeries. They cost money and lives. They are a real burden on society.

I know alcoholism is involuntary. If I offended you, I'm sorry. I should have used my own former bad habit, nicotine. That was involuntary too, but starting to smoke when I was fifteen was a choice.

I still maintain that denying medical care to the unvaccinated is dangerous. I don't know how any doctor or nurse could even consider doing that.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=433884 time=1641635054 user_id=1676
I don't believe SB was being malicious about the comparison, just trying to highlight that repeated refusal of healthy people to take the jabs and never ending boosters could be compared to healthy people not imbibing alcohol on benders or prolonged periods of time.... the result of either, depending on which side of this debate you're on, is a negative outcome for some quotient of either two groups of opposing factions.

So I got the point....even if I don't view these jabs positively.

SB was addressing healthcare and choices. Jabs don't stick themselves and drinks don't drink themselves. I believe his point wasn't about covid shots or liquor shots.... just the vilification of life choices.

Namaste....

IHJ and cc have a point. I should not have used that to make a comparision. I will be more selective going forward.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=433945 time=1641692829 user_id=114I still maintain that denying medical care to the unvaccinated is dangerous. I don't know how any doctor or nurse could even consider doing that.

I doubt that many of any medical profession are and those few that are are on the fringe & have no clout .... These few would be the "conspiracist-like fringe" from the other side of the coin.

I'm certain  there is not anyone here onside with anything even approaching that
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=433958 time=1641697066 user_id=88
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=433945 time=1641692829 user_id=114I still maintain that denying medical care to the unvaccinated is dangerous. I don't know how any doctor or nurse could even consider doing that.

I doubt that many of any medical profession are and those few that are are on the fringe & have no clout .... These few would be the "conspiracist-like fringe" from the other side of the coin.

I'm certain  there is not anyone here onside with anything even approaching that

Extreme ideas start with just a few people or even less speaking them. They can become mainstream. I remember at the start of the pandemic the idea of locking down society seemed absurd.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

cc

True, but I doubt they will kick you out of the hospital when you catch it and need them  .. so long as you play nice

Bricktop

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=433952 time=1641694803 user_id=114

IHJ and cc have a point. I should not have used that to make a comparision. I will be more selective going forward.

IHJ responded.

cc had no business in that discussion yet felt she had a right or duty to "do something about it".

I was not aware that IHJ needed any form of support, or that cc was our community's moral guardian.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=433900 time=1641685981 user_id=88
Last weeks Death / "Verified" Case rates   calculated over the past 10 weeks

U K   0.26%

U S   0.96%

CA   0.61%

BC   0.72%

AB   0.90%

ON   0.54%

FL   1.29%

TX   1.72%

IS   0.36%

They definitely are falling .... likely more than shows what with cases not well recorded

The death rate here in Holland is now quite low too even though daily case counts have never been higher.

With almost twenty eight thousand cases yesterday they had only eight deaths.

Anonymous

I am lloking forward to some real number crunching in Canada. Hopefully they will support moving away from the extremism of a pandemic.

South African Study: Omicron May Signal End of Acute Pandemic Phase

A South African study led by researchers at the Steve Biko Academic Hospital found that the Omicron outbreak may be signaling the end of the acute pandemic phase of COVID-19, with the endemic phase following suit.

The December 2021 study, funded by the South African Medical Research Council, compared 466 hospital admissions from the Omicron spread to 3976 admissions from May 2020, four months before the Omicron outbreak.

The study found a significant decline in in-hospital deaths in the current infection wave, at 4.5 percent.

ICU admissions had also dropped from 4.3 percent to 1 percent, while the length of stay in hospital fell from 8.8 days to 4.0 days.

"The wave increased at a faster rate than previous waves, completely displacing the Delta variant within weeks and began its decline in both cases and hospital admissions in the fifth week following its commencement," the researchers concluded, adding that there are "clear signs that case and admission rates in South Africa may decline further over the next few weeks.

"If this pattern continues and is repeated globally, we are likely to see a complete decoupling of case and death rates suggesting that Omicron may be a harbinger of the end of the epidemic phase of the COVID pandemic ushering in its endemic phase," the researchers added.

The endemic phase of a pandemic is when the number of infections becomes relatively constant, allowing for occasional flare-ups, according to Jennie Lavine, an infectious-disease researcher at Emory University in an interview with Nature.

The study also found that only 45 percent of patients in COVID-19 wards needed oxygen support compared to 99.5 percent in the first wave.

Furthermore, a snap-shot of patients in the COVID-19 wards on Dec. 14–15 revealed that 63 percent of them were incidental, meaning that they were asymptomatic for COVID-19 and were admitted for medical, surgical, reproductive or psychiatric reasons.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/south-african-study-omicron-may-signal-end-of-acute-pandemic-phase_4199961.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2022-01-09&mktids=62d0a3752b4e860bb5e6984d01755221&est=RN%2FLuK12P70kjGxieKpDmAIk4TLqYcjKmBHg7w0hgpHXYoYniD%2BqIOUU41Nl%2FqtARQ%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morni ... tARQ%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/south-african-study-omicron-may-signal-end-of-acute-pandemic-phase_4199961.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2022-01-09&mktids=62d0a3752b4e860bb5e6984d01755221&est=RN%2FLuK12P70kjGxieKpDmAIk4TLqYcjKmBHg7w0hgpHXYoYniD%2BqIOUU41Nl%2FqtARQ%3D%3D

cc

Could be, would be nice .. had read that some time ago ... but this whole thing has been so unpredictable that many theories have fallen by the wayside

In the end, seems we find out what happens when it happens ... often not following any  "expert" opinion or prediction

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=434033 time=1641751460 user_id=88
Could be, would be nice .. had read that some time ago ... but this whole thing has been so unpredictable that many theories have fallen by the wayside

In the end, seems we find out what happens when it happens ... often not following any  "expert" opinion or prediction

Some people are calling it omicold. That is probably premature. I guess we will have more data in about a month. One thing that does seem obvious this time is that lockdowns aint delaying surges like they did in previous waves.

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=434071 time=1641772785 user_id=1689
Quote from: cc post_id=434033 time=1641751460 user_id=88

Some people are calling it omicold. That is probably premature. I guess we will have more data in about a month. One thing that does seem obvious this time is that lockdowns aint delaying surges like they did in previous waves.

Symptoms "in general" are less severe ... still many are hospitalized (most unvaxxed) so it ain't just a cold .... and I'm seeing new data that "long covid" is much more frequent  / case than any predecessors (I'll keep an eye for further on that part)