The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Here are Alberta's case counts from Saturday to today.

March 22: 501 cases,

March 21: 345 cases,

March 20: 489 cases,

March 19: 565 cases

There are 956 people ib hospital and fifty six in intensive care.

cc

Spring wave of COVID-19? Be prepared Canada, experts warn

Public health officials tracking prevalence of COVID-19 through municipal wastewater testing in Ontario say they're seeing a "sustained increase" in the viral signal in a variety of locations.

The increase comes after the province rolled back mask mandates and other restrictions including capacity limits for many indoor spaces and vaccine passports. Other provinces that have also recently eased restrictions, such as Alberta and B.C., are also seeing an uptick in viral load through wastewater data.

Experts say this rise is expected with the easing of public health measures, but note the simultaneous emergence of the Omicron subvariant BA.2 that's now spreading across regions in Asia and Europe is complicating matters.

While most agree that Canada's immunization rates should blunt the impacts of the so-called "stealth" subvariant, some worry that decreased public health vigilance could clear a path for BA.2 to drive up infections and hospitalizations.

In Quebec, officials say the BA.2 sub-variant of Omicron now accounts for half of new infections in the province, while Alberta Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Deena Hinshaw said Wednesday BA.2 is now the dominant strain of Omicron in her province.

[I'm seeing stable in Canada except for  rises in ON & QB. Europe is a mixture, more up than down]
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

East Asian countries cases have risen sharply.......I expect the same here.

Anonymous

Dr Deena Hinshaw announced that sixty per cent of new cases in Alberta are the BA2 variant..

She says it's more transmissible that BA1, but she has seen no evidence it causes more severe illness.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=444534 time=1648145572 user_id=3254
Dr Deena Hinshaw announced that sixty per cent of new cases in Alberta are the BA2 variant..

She says it's more transmissible that BA1, but she has seen no evidence it causes more severe illness.

It was slow at start, but now seems to be doing exactly what previous more infectious variations have done - come on strong

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=444538 time=1648148144 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=444534 time=1648145572 user_id=3254

It was slow at start, but now seems to be doing exactly what previous more infectious variations have done - come on strong

I haven't heard how widespread it is here in Manitoba.

cc

Manitoba is lower than usual so far this week.

That said, everywhere is a constant up & down thing ... now with a new more infectious variant out there

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=444421 time=1648075682 user_id=3254

There are 956 people ib hospital and fifty six in intensive care.

Where do you get that, Fash?

I'm only getting occasional and very  conflicting data on my usual source. Do you have a link for future Alberta data?

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=444588 time=1648171783 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=444421 time=1648075682 user_id=3254

There are 956 people in hospital and fifty six in intensive care.

Where do you get that, Fash?

I'm only getting occasional and very  conflicting data on my usual source. Do you have a link for future Alberta data?

It was on the Alberta government COVID website for March 23.

cc

Do you have a link ? .. Search didn't get it for me

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=444616 time=1648178227 user_id=88
Do you have a link ? .. Search didn't get it for me

They change it everyday.....it's gone.

cw_

https://images.viacbs.tech/uri/mgid:arc:imageassetref:shared.southpark.us.en:b1ede551-1aba-419e-9812-06fc24fb6fd7?quality=0.7">

Thiel

Quote from: cw_ post_id=444621 time=1648179187 user_id=3226
https://images.viacbs.tech/uri/mgid:arc:imageassetref:shared.southpark.us.en:b1ede551-1aba-419e-9812-06fc24fb6fd7?quality=0.7">

Thank God Almighty, we're free at last.
gay, conservative and proud

cc

Fact of life. We are exactly as free as our hospital capacity (including staff) allow us to do be .. and are totally at the mercy of the beast

I'm, not predicting anything because I don't pretend to know the future, merely stating reality (the place where I prefer to live).

Proclamations are mere talk. ...  Talk don't walk (but it is cheap & easy). ... Wishes are not necessarily causal.

In many areas of life, the only reality we actually know is ...  Que Sera, Sera

Bite me!!

Frood

Don't wear masks.....haven't worn masks...  haven't been jabbed... go wherever and whenever I like. My kid's school has sent daily reports of 1-5 infections... and we got her out of wearing an oxygen muzzle...

A fucking Ok.... she had sniffles two months apart, then us, and we didn't utilise the stupid fucking RAT tests they sent home with each kid on the taxpayers dime....
Blahhhhhh...